Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracy & Lunasa,

I'll join ya sisters in the DH low libido....mine bought me a 'rampent rabbit' and now al he has to do is buy the batteries!

Actually its no laughing matter, I get terribly sad over it, I pray that if I lose the weight he might find me more attractive.

Sara xx

Ok, so who's the first Shrink'n Violet who will get a fill?? I know mine isn't until the first week of June, but I'm doing great with what I have. I'm not feeling hungry and my half can of Soup and pudding fills me right up.

I got some Dulche Le Leche sugar free Jello pudding and I gotta tell ya.. it was the best pudding I've had in a long time!!! I had been eating lo fat and decided to go to the no sugar and WOW.. it's so creamy and great tasting. I have a new favorite now. And those sugar alcohol thingies are great for those of us with Constipation issues. Whenever I had a problem and nothing seemed to work, I'd get a bag of the Russell Stover sugar free jelly Beans and in no time I was running to the bathroom. Only bad part was the cramps before hand. I'm glad prune juice was mentioned in here cause that seems to do the trick for me now.

Got my walk in today and just waiting to go to choir and dinner afterwards. I can have the creamy soup now and one restaurant here has some great cheese soup. I'll be happy with half a bowl of that for supper.. then home for my yogurt for an evening snack. Life is very, very good here!!:target:

SHRINK'N VIOLETS

Well - I am scheduled for the 17th of May to get a fill. I wonder if I need it, as now I am feeling restriction. I don't want to choke like I've read about. At least my doc's in town.

About the libido - All you vamps out there - I wish I had a DH, mine died six and a half years ago. Whenever I lose weight there is a naughty naughty woman underneath, so I hope I can find a great guy to have a good time with. Can't say much about the cabbage.

The weight definitely affects my self concept, even though I was in denial how fat I am, now I am loving my shrinking roundness. Every fat cell worth. Well see if this 57 year old body has any sex drive left.

Chuckles from Colorado - windy and gorgeous,

Michelle

I should get my fill appt tomorrow when I go in for my first visit. I am going to assume in 4 weeks or the 1st of June

so I just got a call, I don't know if the job is going to work but I have another interview tomorrow morning. The funny thing is it is at dbf's job, no where near him or nothing to do with what he does, but still there. Wouldn't that be interesting. Oh the update with him, he is back to work as of past Sat.( after his motorcycle accident last october) Things are getting much better and we talked, he was just extremely stressed about work or not working and military and what he is going to do so he backed off. Oh well, what ever, I have already put the wall back up to protect myself from getting hurt, I just hope it works out because i do love him.

He has no idea I even applied there!!!!!

You naughty, naughty girls are crackin' me up with your sexy talk!! Especially SARA!! .... 'rampant rabbit and now all he has to do is buy batteries'....ROFL!!! :pound: I've got the opposite problem...my hubby is 12 yrs older (61), still wants it often and I never want it. You can imagine the chaos in my bedroom! Menopause severely reduced my libido...and then the extra weight after that killed whatever smidgen was left. Ugh.

Well, we'll figure it all out by this time next year, won't we!?

By the way I believe that I am the first to be filled....on May 4th...that's Friday! :target:

Good afternoon ladies!

My meeting just got out... and I had to catch up a bit..

Sara: LOL..... :target:

I am going to try RUNNY scrambled eggs tonight......... or maybe I'll stick with Soup. I do NOT want a repeat of last night!

I'm with you Terri... DH wants it often, but with both of us obese, it just isn't satisfying. Every once in awhile we do manage to have a little fun in the hot tub. But of course that's not happening since I've been banded. BUT I'm hoping that after we BOTH lose weight, it will be enjoyable again.

Good afternoon ladies!

I am going to try RUNNY scrambled eggs tonight......... or maybe I'll stick with Soup. I do NOT want a repeat of last night!

It still amazes me how different diets can be after banding. I can't have soft foods for another week yet. And I was banded a little over two weeks before you!!

LMAO Sara~

That was very funny. Buy batteries at Costco...TMI? I know.

I think the weightloss will help w/ both libido and desirability. The largest sex organ we have in between our ears and once we are feeling good about ourselves, we will have a "sexy vibe" which will help w/ our own and our partners wanting, hehehe...this is fun!

TracyinKS,

That is so true and funny "I didn't even know I LIKED sex til I got divorced! and now the tides have turned........" that is exactly how i feel. I hated sex with the exhusband but then i got divorced and a whole new world opened up... well now i am remarried, (I had my one year anniversary in Feb) I am always telling my DH that he was like a fulse advertisement! We had pleanty before... and now.... it is about once a week. That is not good for only being married a year. Can you imagine in five years what my sex life will be! Good grief!

Good afternoon ladies!

I hate runnyy eggs, so i put salsa in mine so i could cook them a little more with a drop of cheese, they tasted so much better and didn't have any issues.

now when I tried to make an omlet with the same stuff that didn't work so well.... Just incase you didn't think of something like that

Well ladies, I had the same problem, as I was gaining weight I didn't want dbf near me and just lost it all, and we were very healthy, since I have been loosing, I am getting to the point where i am complaining we don't have enough. OH WAIT, he would have to show up.. LOL only kidding.

I am so excited, I just keep loosing and loosing. It stopped for a week while on liquids but picked right back up. I need to get my weights out and start working on my arms. I've lost 2 inches there and that is not going to be good! I did my measurements today too.. Lost 13.5 inches since 1 week post op when I took them! This is so hard to believe since It took months to lose the 20lbs on my own!

LOL

Ok, I may be 2nd to be filled. May 9th!!!! Who can't wait? ME!! This bandster hell really is hell.

Thought I'd share stuff about my day.

We had our frame walk through for our house being built, we show up and they had to reschedule for tomorrow. They let us walk through though by ourselves (first time since they've poured the foundation, so I finally got to see room size- they didn't have any open models of our floor plan when we bought.. gulp) It was WONDERFUL. The rooms were SOOO big, I was afraid from the foundation which looked small, I was going to regret picking it out without walking through a model first. But now that walls are up, It's great. I'm so giddy and excited!!! It's 3 bedroom 2 bath.. eat in dining room, HUGE living room, walk in closets in every room, huge master bath with a 42" garden tub (I planned to be fat ahem.. bought the upgrade so I could finally lay in the tub and relax without having the sides digging into my knees). I guess now that I'm shrinking, I'll just have room for 2 :)

I could go on and on.. here are some pics of progress, I'll have more tomorrow (they installed our doors too, the front door is beautiful, only one in the neighborhood so it must have been a new design..)

Beginning of March Pre-Foundation (me and fiance checking it out.. me being nervous!)

larusshouse.jpg

Beginning of April (putting the frame up)

houseapril2.jpg

houseapril3.jpg

houseapril1.jpg

------

AFTERWARDS.. I was cravin the Ruby Tuesday's crab cakes someone mentioned in the food thread.. so off we went (it's down the road from our new house). I ordered.. broccoli & cheese Soup, crab cake, and mashed potatos. I planned for leftovers so I could eat it for dinner & lunch tomorrow.

Took 2 bites of the soup, got a to go cup. The crabcake was DELICIOUS. I ate about half of it, and 1 bite of mashed potatos and I felt STUFFED. So even though I have no restriction anymore, I guess that little pouch is still doing the trick. I could have definitely gorged, and I think I still ate more than I want to be able to eat, but I'm happy I couldn't finish the crabcake or eat more taters.

Good day today!! (And made a new customer at work.. that's always a bonus!)

What are the signs that the stomach is rebeling against food with the band?? Is it hicuping etc, does anyone know what the signs are to look out for? Cheers!!!

Sara xx

My sign is that I start burping first then the hiccups come. By then I know I've eaten way too much. Right now I'm trying to figure out how NOT to get to that point!

<p>

.... I think the strangest feeling is that my stomach (the top half) feels full all the time and the bottom half feels hungry. I wonder if this is normal?
</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>I felt the same way! My top felt full, up to my throat, but my bottom half was gurgling with hunger noises. It didn't stop until I started eating solids last Friday. Now I feel full on both ends when I eat!</p>