Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I went for a fill today & again I had only a fraction of what was suppose to be in there. I was suppose to have 4cc's & had only 1/2cc. This is my second fill under fluro & no leaks were detected. My band has never held the fills. At this point I am ready to scream. They put omnipaque in it this time. I think that this band has had a leak from the beginning. Anyone had there band replaced because of a similiar problem?

Terry, thank you for updating us about Kat. I'm glad to hear that the outcome is positive with this type of diagnosis.

I had tongue surgery today to remove a small tumor on my tongue. Done in the office with local anesthesia. Doctor gave me hydrocodeine(sp?) for the pain and told me to take it with milk since I wont be eating anything anytime soon. Is this pill band friendly?

Hi my friends---

Terry thanks so much for the kind words, and spreading my news. I wanted you to hear something before now. I know the morning Tracy went to court, and waiting to hear about Janes results, I was on pins and needles. So I don't know a whole lot more than what I told Terry. I am having a consult over the phone (he will have access to all of my records by computer, including scans and results), and from there we will decide if I need to go down and be seen by him. My appointment is tentatively set for review next Wed. and surgery on Friday the 2nd. The issue at hand they are mulling over is my keloid scarring. While it is not going to be pretty looking like a railroad track across my throat---but the issue is the adhesions also grow on the inside---which will be too close to my vocal cords, and para thyroids for their comfort . So they are discussing several options.

Seems very strange to be happy even though there was a cancer diagnosis, but if there had to be one, this was by far my best situation to be in. The knowledge that they seldom follow up with chemo is such a massive relief to me!

The only bad news he gave me besides that was that with my history, he wants to me have my colonoscopy done for the first time this year rather than waiting til 50----yuck!!!

So thank you so much for all your prayers and good wishes, I knew I was in such good company---I cannot wait to hug each of you personally and say thank you!!!

Speaking of doing the in person thing----I know April is the bandiversary for you all, but is it the best time for everyone otherwise When do you have Spring Break Pamela---

Ok needed that question mark---and I HAVE an adapter!!! I just have not taken time to put it on--I began this post, and ended up with the neighbor coming over, then my brother showed up even before she left---and Manda come---has been busy and chaotic---and very emotional day!

Going to post this so everyone is not wondering why I am here and not saying anything!!!

Love to you all---and thank you more than I know how to say---

Kat

Hey Violets~

Kat~ Take a deep breath now. You will get through this will all your purple sisters behind you. I too have a friend...doing very well after a few years now. God only gives you what he knows you can handle. Remember that. You are so very special to so many people...and I am just talking about your violets sistas...not to mention "real" people in your life. Please call me if you ever wanna talk. I mean that!

Spring break is in March and is harder to get away. Plus it is gonna be cold there. Still crossing fingers for the May weekend.

What an emotional day for us. Laura pretend the pins are that crazy persons face...all strikes!

Jenn~ I know honey. Hang in there and if you want some of your violets can send you the want ads from our necks of the woods!

Jane~ Thanks for you kindness! I hope your funk clears up soon!

Judy~ YOU'VE GOT A DEAL!

Off to jazzercise class!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Hydrocodine is band friendly, I got it after my first surgery from the band doc.

**** IMPORTANT ******

Hi Girls-

Kat just called me. She wanted to go to lunch with Rick so didn't have time to come here and post but wanted us all to know the latest news. She does have thyroid cancer, which is highly treatable. They will remove the thyroid next week then follow up with radioactive iodine...but NO chemo! They've also checked 4 areas of her lymph system and found that it has not spread, although they want to check a total of 17 areas before being 100% positive. The doctors are very confident she will be just fine after this treatment.

I also want to share that I have a friend who had the exact same diagnosis and treatment and she is fine also after 1.5 years. The treatment is quite easy compared to what she went thru before.

Kat sounds nervous but greatly relieved.

Whew!!

We love you, Kat!!!

Kat, You and your family are in my prayers....please know that things will work out the way that God intends them to.

Just an FYI so that you know how treatable this is, my cousin Kelly had thyroid cancer and they removed her thyroid, followed up with the radioactive iodine (the only bad thing about that is you have to avoid prolonged contact with people for a few days, flush the toilet several times after using it, drink lots and lots of liquids (no problems there I'm sure!), and stay away from pregnant women) - anyway, she had that done about 5 yrs ago and has had no problems since - except for getting her TSH regulated with meds, this has taken some time.

Good luck hun <3

*hugs*!!! :D

Denise~ You've been tooooo quite lately. I don't like it;). You can run but you can't hide!

Ok, this was taken today at work. My friend took them on her phone and look how messy it looks behind my desk. It really is not that bad! LOL, Susanne would kill me if she saw that!

Just thought you all wanted to see me!

mework.bmp

mework2.bmp

Denise~ You've been tooooo quite lately. I don't like it;). You can run but you can't hide!

Ok, this was taken today at work. My friend took them on her phone and look how messy it looks behind my desk. It really is not that bad! LOL, Susanne would kill me if she saw that!

Just thought you all wanted to see me!

Eh, I've been struggling with food...a little depressed I guess. I can't eat a lot, but with Halloween and all this damn candy everywhere, I've been struggling...still can't get below 212, and I bounce between 212 and 214. I've been exercising almost everyday, but I know that I'm eating the wrong foods....I need to get back on track. Anyway, enough about me...You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Seriously, you're lucky I have a hubby and you have Susanne LOL....you are such a pretty woman and you have this glow about you. Doesn't it feel great to be healthier???? I had an appt with my Rheumatologist today and he's happy with my success so far, although I've "only" lost 13 lbs in the past 12 weeks - I don't know why I'm so disappointed with that...Hell at least I did lose! I need to get myself back on track - it's hard with my mom living here now because she cooks the foods that are sooooooooooo so bad, but taste oh so good! *sigh*

Anyway, congrats on your weight loss so far...you look amazing (red appears to be your color too!) :clap2:

Hi all.

In so many ways I want to move south but ... there are so many things stopping me right now...

1. my dd

2. money

3. my credit sucks

I have a 5 year plan, going to rent my house and move south, dd will be graduating hs and I promised her I would not do it until then. she loves her friends and school, and she has put up with so much with dbf that I don't want to tramatize her. Then there is the money and credit issue. but 5 years seems so far yet so close.

Kat, I am glad you are ok and will be.. I can't wait to hug you back

pamela - love the pic... you look great... mess and all

today I might be prematurely pms (not due for 2 weeks) I ate more tonight than in the past month and feel bloated, but no makeup and look like a little kid, jeans, long john shirt with an old now huge t-shirt over it, never dried my hair and no makeup. I looked like hell, and boy... did everyone I see make sure to tell me that...

PAMELA, red is your color girl. You look stunning!

Thanks Laura. My tongue started to hurt about an hour ago and I took half of one and drank alot of Water. But I think I'm gonna go ahead and take the other half because the pain is coming back.

Evening Violets!!

It's 37 degrees here right now and I'm headed out to the hot tub. Gonna feel great tonight!

Pamela.. you luuuk mahhvelous!! And the area behind your desk reminds me of what mine used to look like!! Brings back memories...

Kat.. We're all so glad the cancer is easily treatable. We'll all be right there holding your hand when you go in for surgery. You'll be able to feel that Purple Power for sure! And as for the colonoscopy... piece 'a cake! The procedure is a lot less stressful than the preparation! I watched mine on the monitor and it was fascinating. Like I was watching the Discovery channel only it was ME!

Everyone have a good sleep tonight.. catch you in the morning!! Hope we hear from Amanda soon!!!!

Patience, Trust and WWJD??!!

Morning Violets

another day...I am up and showered.... while some of you are still sound asleep. I am 2-3 hrs ahead of most of you aren't I?

Oh well. I am going to drop ds off at the sitters. My headlight blew yesterday so I have to get that fixed. I have to go get some keyboard cleaner to get my gas line to my fireplace cleaned out (found the cleaning instructions online yesterday) I want to clean out my car - it is full of Water bottles and mail out some paperwork that should have gone out 2 weeks ago.

JC Penney is having a huge sale today, tomorrow & Sat, so I'm taking some money my aunt left me for ds's bday and getting him some new clothes. Has anyone been to one of their sales? I get dd's school stuff there and usually save $300-400 and we get tons of stuff.

They have ds's size jeans on sale for $11.99 then 50% off that and I have coupons that came in the mail $15 off $75. He has so much stuff and never plays with any of it.

He is so cute.... sometimes when we are home together for days makes me a little nuts, but cute. Mom got him the Cootie game yesterday. Anyone Remember that????? (it was my favorite when I was his age) he is going to be 4... he read the directions on how to put it together and told my mom how to do it. she got angry with him and told him to stop he was doing it wrong, he went and picked up the directions, opened them up and said no grammy, this is how it goes... see.

And you all wonder how I just keep on going... that is what does it.. (he is still going to the sitters today)

Well, i'm out... enough blah blah blah for now