Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

mmmmmmmmmmm bacon

I am having a danon fit & light yogurt with some Fiber one on it. it is actually pretty good.

only about 180 cals but I think I was eating too much, i'm just going o have more of a variety but not eat 1400 cals, that was too much and I was too full.

I will just make better choices then just meat.< /p>

I am backing way off this week to try to get back to 218 which was where I was after my fill. I wanted to be at 200 by labor day but I don't see how I am going to lose 21lbs in 6 weeks. ... either way I'm ok with that, at least i'm going back in the right direction

Hello Violets!

I have been very busy running in circles, my life. All is good here. My weight loss has slowed, but still is happening. I had my third fill and I think I'm at my sweet spot. I am getting the feedback I needed. I went to New York City and had a week in Breckenridge. I sat on the bandstand of the 4th of July parade (my sister was and MC) and had a great time. Through all of this I didn't gain, but have lost another 4 pounds. My body is changing. My trainer said the fat is looser and will come off more easily, while the muscle tone is getting stronger underneath. I do feel like a Pygmalion. Life is good.

I am starting a little business, making art pieces, called Just Whimsy. If we sell a lot, we'll probably do a website and hope for online sales. Our debute is at a Wine Festival in Breckenridge in August. When I paint, I don't seem to eat as much.

I am exercising about 4 - 5 hours per week. I write my food down on calorieking.com which keeps me honest.

My band is a wonderful tool for my weight loss.

Best wishes everyone,

Michelle

Lady at my doctor's office never called me back yesterday (such a pet peeve of mine.. if someone says they're calling you back, you trust them, so you don't call them back and bug them, then they don't call you back and you dont' get the info you NEEDED!)

So I just called them back.. they said I have to be filled at the hospital under fluero, so they can't do it next week.. I don't know why, so I said, well my apt. is Aug 6, can I get in the hospital that day?? (I am not wasting trips with as far away as it is), and she starts talking about insurance and self-pay and blah blah.. so I asked again, does this mean Aug 6 I go to the hospital? And she said, you come here first. And I said.. ok, so then what? She said if they decide I need another fill, they'll send me to the hospital. So why can't they do that next week??? I'm so confused. I also asked why I have to do fluero again, she said since I had to last time. But the 1st time I didn't have to. Hm. They've really confused me, when they sent me to the hospital last time, it was a spur of the moment decision, they were trying to fill me in the office, didn't work so we went to the hospital. Why is it next week they can't do it, but Aug 6 they can do it last minute?

If they didn't have an open appt. to see me next week, she could have just said it instead of making me all kinds of confused.

Laura I don't remember if I congratulated you on entering Twoterville or not---but Cool Beans Girl!!!!

Sounds to me like one of 2 things---it could be your Dr. does all of his Fluoro fills on a certain day each week--mine only does them on Wed. OR it could have been a lazy, ditzy receptionist who just didn't want to go to the trouble of reworking the schedule.

Wanna bet which one I think it is???!!!! LOL

Kat

Laura – it might be better to wait and take the classes next time – just being married, recently being banded and going for follow-up’s and adjusting lifestyle, new house and yard. You might get overwhelmed – I know I have that tendency. Congrat’s on NSV – also don’t forget you have to make time to shop for new clothes!!!

Judy – busy busy busy Judy – have fun! We are going to miss you daily postings – but you have taught us well –WWJD!

Sara – so sorry to hear about your dh. I will say many prayers for him. Sounds like you have a very warm and loving family.

Adorable – they are the first to go for me– I was adequate previously, now (I don’t want to say it – I am in denial)…

Jennifur – how rude of your guy friend! Must be the reason he is available. At leaset you found out from the getgo and not 3-6 months into the relationship. Wonderful job on completing the exercise challenge.

Kat – I definetly will try my bacon that way! Thanks.

Michelle – calorieking.com is a new one to me – I will check them out. Sounds like you are doing wonderful! You should post a picture of your artwork here for us to see.

Laura – I get very frustrated with people who don’t do what they said they will do. Sounds like the lady at the doc office just doesn’t like confrontation – she was back peddling big time. My doctor does all fills under floura (sp?) on the same day of the week –each week (thurs) so he can be more aggressive, verify the band placement and takes less time in the end. I like it that way.

Kat – better yet - I think you nailed it on the head – lazy & ditzy!

Storms are almost here – have a great evening everyone!

Gina

Kat: YOU ARE JUST a teeny tiny itty bitty away from breaking into the 180'S!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

I was bad tonight.. I fried flour taco shells and made taco's for the boys.. I fried ONE flat and crispy for me.. and IT WAS SO GOOD!

I guess the NSV is here that I ate ONE and not 3-4 like I would of in my pre band days............ :)

... For those of you losing hair, how much weight did you lose, say, within the first 6 weeks post-op....expressed as a percentage of the total weight you needed to lose?

First six weeks post-op, I lost about 20 - 25% of total needed to get to goal.

I am nearly at the half-way mark for goal, and I just noticed my hair is really coming out in clumps and handfuls now. But I think it started falling out, (not in clumps) right at the -50# mark.

Kat: YOU ARE JUST a teeny tiny itty bitty away from breaking into the 180'S!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

I was bad tonight.. I fried flour taco shells and made taco's for the boys.. I fried ONE flat and crispy for me.. and IT WAS SO GOOD!

I guess the NSV is here that I ate ONE and not 3-4 like I would of in my pre band days............ :confused:

I don't have a TOM anymore because I had a hysterectomy last year, but I still have my ovaries, and I STILL crave food around that time....I've been bad all week. Had Chinese food tonight and last night we went to Tony Roma's for dinner. I'm gonna swell like crazy tomorrow. I had Kung Pao chicken and several fried won tons with sweet n sour....

I feel so guilty now...Ok, I promise myself to be good for the rest of the weekend. :)

Yes, just another pound and a half and I will have lost 100 pounds!!! However since we are all in confession mode.....it is further away than it would be if I would quit eating these stinking Reeces Pieces that Kinsey left here!!!! I WILL get there.

Tonight Rick was hugging on me, and running his hands up and down my back, and with me stretching up my arms around his neck, I can feel each of my own ribs as he rub over them---so strange! I told him, and he told me yep I was getting smaller all the time....which I know better, but I love those lies!!!

Kat

Had Chinese food tonight and last night we went to Tony Roma's for dinner. I'm gonna swell like crazy tomorrow. I had Kung Pao chicken and several fried won tons with sweet n sour....

Judy would definitely NOT do that!!! :lol: JWDNDT!!

Yes, just another pound and a half and I will have lost 100 pounds!!!

WHERE IS THE PAR-TAY??? :whoo:

<----- I need to change that thing under my avatar.... to most folks at first glance it probably looks like Violent Gym Nazi. LOL! People are prolly scared to talk to me!

Good morning violets-Happy Saturday :lol: Has anything like this happened to any of you?

Last night I had one jack in the box taco....and to tell you the truth, it wasn't that good...I used to love them. Last week (or was it the week before) I took a small bite of my DD sonic hamburger, bread and all, the bread was so gross tasting to me that I spit it out. I just wonder if my taste buds have changed or have I brainwashed myself? Either way works for me!! Made me think I am not really missing out on anything like I thought I was.

This may just be my PMS talking but, here goes...

I feel so stuck in a rut. I have been doing the same job for about 17 years. I am OK with what I do it is just the same thing day after day...I will never go any further there. I sit behind a desk all day long and it is really starting to get old. My DH would probably not bellieve his eyes if he read this next part....I would be willing to take a pay cut to do something different but it is hard to find M-F jobs that aren't behind a desk. I do not want to just sit behind a desk anymore. Since my DD is so young, I would need a M-F day job. What is a woman to do? Sometimes I wish that I were just part-time that way I could do other things with my spare time...which I really don't have right now. I don't think my employers would go for that though. I guess I could ask, but when you know what the outcome is gonna be, why ask? Spare time, hmmmm, what is that like? Ugh....OK, that is enough of that right now. I just get really down about this situation at times and today is one of those days.

Everyone have a great weekend and I will check in later.

Take care...

Tracy - Oh yes, I definitely am experiencing the changes you are talking about. I just don't like greasy foods at all anymore. I'd rather have granola than a Snickers bar. This morning when I was thinking what I'd like to do today I thought about going to the Farmer's Market and loading up on some great fruit and veggies!:lol: That wasn't my idea of fun in my former life!

I totally relate to how you are feeling about your job....I'm in the same boat. The difference for me is that I see the light at the end of the tunnel....only a few more years and I'm outta there with full retirement benefits. My idea for you is to look up a vocational guidance service who can do some testing for you and determine what you are best suited for. Maybe they even offer some placement services as well. Maybe talk to a headhunter for some ideas? Surely there are a hundred books on how to make that transition. If you could do ANYTHING you wanted, what would it be?

Good Morning Violets~ (Or Violents, lmao)

This morning I am a beyond tired...I can't stand it. Susanne is here and is washing the windows now...seriously, was up at 5:30, washing windows. I barely made it to the coffee pot and to the puter. The master is painted, but they need to come back today to do some "detail touchups". I just think between 2 nights sleeping bad (in the bed), and 1 really bad night on the couch (yes, Kat, I was freaked out), and then last night, Susanne and I slept in a air mattress, I feel like I've been hit by a truck. My body is sooo sore, far more than any time in the gym. I wanted to go this morning, but I can barely move.

Tracyk~ How about taking a class at the local junior college. I love school, so this may not be your thing, but maybe a fun class or a career advancing class. Maybe it is time you finally learned "underwater basket weaving". It could be something just for you. It is a great way to change things up a bit. When I finish my doctorate I am gonna take Spanish and German!

Have a good day. I gotta get Susanne a cup of coffee, it is the least I could do (I am not washing any damn windows).

xoxo

Morning violets

I am so bloated from working last night, i didn't even get on the scale.< /p>

TracyK yes I feel the same way, and sometimes I can take a bite of something and as soon as it hits my mouth I know I'm not going to be able to swollow it - freak out and spit it out -

As for work... well you all know my story, I can't find a job and I'm trying to get into construction, I don't want to sit behind a desk anymore and not be in mortgage industry. it is not easy... but i totally understand. It is getting so bad I am about to cave and go back to Mortgage.