Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Wow, I miss so much when I'm gone at night...

My dd is officially a teen - 13 at midnight. We just got in from the drive'ins. We saw the simpsons and chuck and larry. I always worry about cartoon movies because they usually wreck it for me, but this one was actually good... a bit mushy for about 30 hot seconds but good, and chuck and larry. ... if you like adam sandler movies... it is a good one.

Anyway - back down to 218 today. so happy with that. What a struggle the last couple of weeks have been, but at least I'm going in the right direction again.

Pamela - how exciting that your Cape trip is this week, I was thinking about that today when my mom mentioned she wanted to go there.

Hello all my fellow violets...

off to bed... catch up in the am

Morning violets.....

Today the b-day continues........my mom is taking my daughter shopping and then ds are going to meet them for lunch. I have to work and she has cheerleading tonight, but we will have a nice day.

Our b-days are usually a week long here, so hers should be almost over...

OK PEOPLE! Time to establish and commit to your August Exercise Challenge! What are your goals for this month??

And let us know...did you meet your July goals?

Mine will be 22 sessions again, but I think I'm going to break it down for myself into weights, cardio, and swimming...I want to do more swimming. I have to give this a little thought, so I'll report back later.

Lisa (5Jacks) That is so funny! I wish we could of introduced ourselves... Probably would of broke the ice for all the others in the waiting room who wanted to ask questions.. (especially the ones holding on to their consult folders) I go back the 27th maybe I'll see you there. My goal is to weigh 219 or less (at home) the morning of my next appointment.

Terry: I went to the gym this morning and as you can see I've already set my August goals....... July was a bust.. only 8 out of 20.

We go on our final summer get away in two weeks with all the boys.. and this time we are spending a night in a Waterpark themed hotel, along with Silver Dollar City again....... lots of walking.... buffets every day and funnel cakes at night........... I want to come home from the week long vacation the same or down a pound....... this will be a true life test.

I hope everyone has a great day!

WWJD

Terry - I hear you, I broke mine down in July because in June I didn't do any cardio or very little, so I wanted to track it better. I am going to shower and hit the gym and then meet for lunch.< /span>

As for July, I did excede both challanges I set for myelf, so lets see if I can do it for august!

I hope everyone has a great day, I'm so stinking tired....but here i go!

Good morning everyone!

:D

I'm down 3#'s this morning. While I was updating my ticker, I went to the history and noticed a trend. I only show a weightloss at the beginning and end of each month with nothing inbetween. Maybe we should all check the history of our weightloss and see if there is a pattern to our losses then if so we can stay off the scale and not torture ourselves the rest of the time. :frusty:

Gooooooooooood morning, all you Violets!! I'm home from all the traveling and ready to relax for awhile. Our trip for our fills was a good one. I had lost 6# since the last visit and DH had lost 8. I got 1cc making a total of 2ccs in my 4cc band. DH got 1.5cc for a total of 4.5cc in his 10cc band. Everyone there was congratulating us. They are all so friendly there. The nurse that took care of us this time was celebrating her year bandiversary and she had lost 70#. When she saw I had lost 48# in just under 4 months, she was so excited for me.

I'm just now trying solid food after doing liquids all afternoon and evening yesterday. My cottage cheese and blueberries seem to be going down alright, but I do feel that full feeling after just a few bites. This is a good thing!!

We of course had to stop by the outlet malls on the way home last night. DH has become a shopaholic since losing weight. He's sooooo excited about getting into XL shirts after being in 2XLs for so long. And he's down from tight size 48 pants to loose 42's. He no longer has to pay for the plus sizes!! Great NSV's!!! One of the ladies at his church said she would love to have my clothes from the garage sale, so I packed up a ton of them and brought them to her last Sunday. She was soooooo thrilled and I was glad they would be put to good use. It's funny though because I never would have thought my clothes would fit her. I thought I was much smaller than she is. Guess my perception was a bit out of whack cause she said everything fit.. !!

I have one more session in the pool today between music rehearsals so that will complete my exercise challenge for July. I'll stick with the same goal for August. I know we'll be doing as much bike riding as possible and the temp is supposed to be in the 90's this week so that will mean lots of pool time.

Life is really, REALLY good as a bandster!!!

Everyone have a great day and remember..... WWJD??!!

Congrats MS_Jenn and Judy!!!!!!!!!

Jennifur: Have fun with you DD bday!

I am sipping on some Soup at Hand.... it tastes good!

almost time for Water.< /p>

Jennifer - I lost 10lbs right after my fill and gained it all back at TOM and now right back to 218 again 4 days after.

I myself feel like I just got a fill - i had a small yogurt with fiberone Cereal in it and I'm so very full. I can't do 1400 cals, but I think I am doing better with the variety. at least I'm regular again, thank goodness for that! What every works, my next mini goal is 215 so I only have 3lbs to get there - I can do that!!!!

Judy - Once again, you are amazing and such an inspiration!

Good Morning Violets~

Thanks Kat...this is my vent place, I appreciate your kind words. I know this will make us stronger, but I miss her. I am sure that when she lives here full time, there will be times I will wish I still lived alone, lol.

Everyone is doing great. I didn't go to the gym (whispers so Terry doesn't hear me), so I haven't weighed. I know the fill is working, but yesterday I ate WWAAYYYYY too much. So today I must behave. I did set realistic goals for August, but July was terrible. On vacation, we did not rent a car. Gonna walk everywhere and rent some bikes. So there will be lots of exercise, just not the kind where I get a good sweat.

Have a great day everyone. I have to go to the bank (need to put this last account into the trust, which takes about an hour), but then I see a few naps in my future. I don't know what it is, I am soooo tired lately...the last 4 days, I've been sooooooo exhausted. I need to rest up for my vacation!

Have a great day!

Hey Tracy..... love your new pic!!! I lived on Soup at hand while I was in the all liquids stage post op. I loved the clam chowder and potato Soups.

Jennifur... thanks for the compliment, but I get my inspiration from you all.. it's kind of a mutual admiration society and that is the special perk of being a Shrink'n Violet!! What a great group to belong to!!

Pamela...I know my fill is there.. I couldn't finish all my cottage cheese and blueberries this morning. And it's still kind of sitting in my throat right now. It's been an hour so I can drink now and my Crystal Light is nice and slushy.

I had another NSV last week. I got a new bra size.. I'm now a 38D down from a 44DD!!! wooooo hoooo. Only problem is I have to scoop them up to put them in the bra cups. DH says as long as I can get a bra that lifts them up and pushes them out, he's ok with it. lol I know if I was younger I would get a breast lift and Tummy Tuck, but I just don't want to go through any more surgery and as long as DH doesn't care (he says not to do it for him).. I'll just rely on God's gift to fluffy women... SPANX! I got my first Spanx last week and they are wonderful!! First time in my life my thighs are not rubbing when I walk. It's a really strange feeling when you've never felt that before!!! I have never had a "girdle" that felt so comfortable. I wore it all day without any pulling or tugging or feeling like I had a boa constrictor around my stomach. If you have not tried them, I highly recommend them!!!

Judy, What is this Spanx you speak of???? Where did you get it? I haven't worn a skirt in 20 years because of the chub rub w/ my thighs...please tell us more!

I've read about it in the tabloids.. it's what the stars use to hide those extra ounces they have.. As for us fluffy ladies.. it's amazing.. I bought the one that goes from mid thigh to just under my boobs. Nothing rolls, nothing hikes up and it is sooooo lightweight, you can't believe it would do any good, but it DOES!! here's the link.

Welcome to Spanx by Sara Blakely: Official Site