Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi Gurls!!

Is it not amazing how all our lives can be so similiar in areas? You see here we can be more honest because in a sense we're anonymous and free from judgement. Whereas in our everyday lives we mask ALL this stuff and go around thinking we're the only ones who eat in the dark or cry at night or have no intimate relations at home. But The people you meet everyday are masking their problems too & we all portray an "image" of togetherness, satisfaction & security. Does it really exist though? Of course it does, but not as much around you as you think!

?

That just hits the nail on the head! I feel so comfortable getting some of my feeling out here because no judgement and actually feel like at least 1 of you might be feeling the same way

OK.. I'm getting real sick of looking at my fat self in my signature... problem is.. those are the PROGRESS pics that I took... today would be a better day....... as my hair is fixed and so is my makeup... (more like my Avatar, except my hair is growing out)......... and my surgery day pic was taken at 3:30 a.m. before leaving for the hospital.....

What WAS I THINKING....... but the worst is my pre op...272 and looking miserable feeling miserable feeling like a big fat failure AGAIN... that was taken on a Sunday before I started my preop diet... and I had just faced the scale for the first time in a LONG time......

I know they will get better as the month go on..... ok done whining now

Jennifur,

Good job on the inches! i wanted to start working out with my weights as well but I didnt know when we could? All I remember is them telling me not to lift anything heavy but not sure for how long? I am feeling great but dont want to hurt anything on the inside! What are you eating during the day? I was losing a pound a day since surgery but since mushies I have been stuck. I am just happy I am not gaining but would love to keep losing. Let me know what you are doing. =)

Thank you, today is the beginning of that time of month so I feel horrible, but I guess I know I'm better than I was.

I went to my Dr. today andhe said 1 month no lifting no heavy exercise, keep walking.

As for food, i ate the mix from stuffed shells and sauce baked, 3tbs total mixed, eggs with salsa & cheese and 2tbs refried Beans with salsa and cheese. and Water, inbetween had 20oz water bottle to make sure i got my fill.

I made healthy chili yesterday and had 1/2 cup with cheese and today my dr told me I can have tuna and chicken so i'm having tuna salad right now

Since I'm still on liquids I only feel pressure when I take a sip. It only lasts for a few seconds. I guess till it all drains through. Not sure yet about restriction.

OK.. I'm getting real sick of looking at my fat self in my signature... problem is.. those are the PROGRESS pics that I took... today would be a better day....... as my hair is fixed and so is my makeup... (more like my Avatar, except my hair is growing out)......... and my surgery day pic was taken at 3:30 a.m. before leaving for the hospital.....

What WAS I THINKING....... but the worst is my pre op...272 and looking miserable feeling miserable feeling like a big fat failure AGAIN... that was taken on a Sunday before I started my preop diet... and I had just faced the scale for the first time in a LONG time......

I know they will get better as the month go on..... ok done whining now

You know they are going to get better, Tracy and what a great way for not only you to see the progress, but for all of us too. Remember, we're all in this together. We applaud each other's successes and support each other in our down times.. After all, we are .. drum roll....... the SHRINK'N VIOLETS!!!!!!!:rockon:

Since I'm still on liquids I only feel pressure when I take a sip. It only lasts for a few seconds. I guess till it all drains through. Not sure yet about restriction.

But what about getting the actual fill? What was that like??

He put lots of Fluid in at first so that I could feel the feeling of pressure as I took sips of Water and then he took some out so I could feel it drain through. He kept making adjustments until he was satisfied with the tightness. It didn't hurt any more that a shot. Just when he first put the needle in and when he took it out. I could not feel it while he was filling. It was not bad at all!!!

He put lots of Fluid in at first so that I could feel the feeling of pressure as I took sips of Water and then he took some out so I could feel it drain through. He kept making adjustments until he was satisfied with the tightness. It didn't hurt any more that a shot. Just when he first put the needle in and when he took it out. I could not feel it while he was filling. It was not bad at all!!!

Thanks, Darla. All that stuff is good to know!!

OMG..what has happened to this site?? I feel a bit uncomfortable with it??

I have a a seriously bad day re food wise :cry I mean I blew it big style, with food, red wine and a mint magnum. I feel so fed up, its like I went through all of this for what??? I havent lost any weight for over a week +..... I have a Bracelet with no charms :think ....sorry folks I feel soooo fed up.

Squale has lost 47lbs!!! I mean apart from eating thin air at Water I dont know what to do. Im hungry all the time, Im thinking of food and drink....when I do try and eat food it comes back up, so I force it down, omg....I feel so low...

Sorry,

Sara! Don't beat yourself up woman!!! We are all in a major learning curve right now...... I just fixed myself 3 scrambled eggs......... WHY would I eat 3 scrambled eggs ????? but the portion looked sooooo tiny.. I ended up eating about 5 or 6 SMALL bites before I just fed the rest to my son... I was so freaked out about repeating the bean incident I basically chewed the eggs til they were soup......... (now doesn't THAT sound tasty???? :fish: ) Dbf asked me if I was FULL.. I thought about it and said.. Well, I'm NOT hungry anymore..... and THAT myfriends is what I think we are SUPPOSED to do... quit stuffing til we are full or in a bandsters case OVERfull. It will be a good experiment to see how long til my tummy grumbles again.

And Judy.. your right.. I know that person at the bottom of my sig is NOT the TRUE Tracy... merely the shell of the happy, healthier one that is underneath and is set to be SET FREE this summer!

:fish: :cool: :cry :tired :think Alright, thank you Sara and then Terry. I think that ticker is going to be a permanent part of my signature!!! I did everything you said, wen I hit delete nothing happened. I wanted to make a new ticker showing that I want to exercise 25 of the 31 days of May. Thanks!!!

Hey guys I need a boost. I haven't lost weight in like a week. The week of surgery I lost the 16lbs, and ever since I've been between 311-314 depending on day/time of day. I've been telling myself "Don't worry about the weight loss", but I can't help but feel discouraged..

My first fill is May 9th, but I'm scared now that I won't lose weight?? I don't know why I have this feeling all of a sudden, just lost my excitement of the band today.

Tracy- Thanks for your support today was a much better day!! I was so afraid I was sliding down a slippery slope but today was very good, back to basics and exercise!!

Hey Violets! I've had trouble posting....my posts seem to be lost in cyberspace.

I updated my sig today. I weighed myself at the gym..... I'm at 227 according to their scale. I thought it was more...but I'll take it. I weighed in at 231 at my surgeon's office on 4/20. I see the surgeon again on 5/18 (when I hope to have my first fill). I feel great, committing to daily exericse (NO EXCUSES).

I'm doing an MS walk on Sunday, to support my wonderful friend who was diagnosed 1 year ago. I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in many months...I would not have agreed to this 3 months ago (too ashamed of my weight). I am so much more confident now and look forward to a beautiful day.

Hey guys I need a boost. I haven't lost weight in like a week. The week of surgery I lost the 16lbs, and ever since I've been between 311-314 depending on day/time of day. I've been telling myself "Don't worry about the weight loss", but I can't help but feel discouraged..

My first fill is May 9th, but I'm scared now that I won't lose weight?? I don't know why I have this feeling all of a sudden, just lost my excitement of the band today.

When I made almost the same comment a while back, someone said to me.... this is not a time to focus on weight loss... this is a time to focus on healing. The weight WILL come off. I put away my scales and only weigh in on Sundays now. The scale was becoming my new addiction. Now I just do the best I can during the week and get on the scale on Sunday and hope for the best. I am at least confident that it won't be a gain since I'm doing everything by the book. We're in this for the long haul, right?? So focus on what's ahead and I'm betting after you get your fill things will be looking up for you as far as weight loss. Hang in there!!!!