Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

....on Atkins or other low carb plan, fruit is avoided, with the exception of a few berries 3-4x a week. I mix them with cottage cheese and splenda and have that for breakfast! My favorite!

I'm eating lunch at my desk right now...low carb...and I have zucchini, cauliflower and chicken breast that is smothered in a cajun creole sauce. :hungry: No roll, no rice!!

You want to keep your carbs below 40-50/day. Atkins starts out at 20g/day, but that's tough to do. I like to use www.fitday.com for counting carbs and calories. Good luck to ya!!

You're right Terridoodle. I was just trying to think of the induction phase, so she could get a quick start on some sort of pre-op. There really is a wide range you can eat, and will be able to eat again once all these pre-op, and post-op necessities are over!

Fruit remains one of my favorites, but one I really have to be careful with or I end up sliming. I think it is the high Water content of the fruit. I know they told me the reason not to drink with my food was that it would wash it from the pouch too quickly. But I found if I so much a tried it was an instant PB---it feels like it floats my food up into my esophagus---ewwwwww. And the fruit kinda feels that way. I have to be very careful with it. But when it is fresh, and plentiful---it is worth being careful for. I love picking a fresh peach and sharing it with my grandbabies!!

Sounds like you April 07-ers are on the ball and ready!!!

Kat

I copied this from the April 06 thread.. Thanks Betty for posting it!

LOOKKEEEE what we have in store for us!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post399580 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>guysis user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_399580", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Mar 2006

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_399580><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->4-3: JenRN - 263/257/223/150 - 40 total

4-3: jenn28 - 282/265/229/165 - 53 total

4-3: Picardy3 - 298/300/257.5/150 - 42.5 total

4-3: tipper - 300/290/259/165 - 41 total

4-4: Sugar1 - 311/289/231/150 - 80 total

4-4: DeltaDawn - 358/202/179 - 156 total

4-4: Dak – 255/251/205/150 – 50 total

4-4: Angels - 264/255/235/? - 29 total

4-4: Harpseal Al - 327/295/220 - 34 total

4-5: Boo - 208/203/165/132 - 43 total

4-5: siestaqh - 180+/177/117/110 - 63 total--NO MORE BAND :-(

4-6: Disneynut - 290/287/260/125 - 27 total

4-7: Guysis - 234/170/134 - 64 total

4-10: JulieNYC - 358/216/180 - 142 total

4-11: Vickie1177 - 320/297/267/137 - 53 total

4-11: tellymelly - 240/235/143.5/140 - 96.5total

4-11: Fel0816 - 307/284/265/to get under 200 - 42 total

4-11: dsrjrr - 231/230/210/130 - 21 total

4:11: truckinmama - 262/234/160 - 28 total

4-13: Nursekathy2u - 358/356/335/175 - 23 total

4-13: NJgirl - 248/230/206/140 - 42 total

4-13: Miper70 - 217.5/187/145 - 30 total

4-17: Amourette - 22.5 total

4-17: Jeepergurrl - 242/192/140 - 50 total

4-17: MelAnne - 245/207/150 - 38 total

4-18: KAYBEE-284/198/180 -86 total

4-18: Danaclark2 - 270/260.5/245/150 - 25 total

4-20: TrustUfirst - 210/205/177/135 - 32 total

4-20: Omamoon - 220/211.5/179/130 - 41 total

4-20: KimInMD - 288/288/228/156 - 60 total

4-21: Yoda - 273/257/200/150 - 73 total

4-21: kristielynn - 310/302/237/150 - 73 total

4-22: alisonb - 286/270/176 - 16 total

4-24: Eficka - 125/117/98/69 - 27 kgs/59.4 lbs total

4-24: Ceparano- 255/270.5/201/170 - 69.5 total

4-24: Kat - 289/281/203/165 - 86 total

4-24: hlj25950 - 262/257/206/160 - 56 total

4-25: momof2boys - 270/266/237/145 - 33 total

4-26: Bostongurl - 264/244/184/150 - 80 total

4-27: tinaj - 226/221/210/150 - 15 total

4-27: lookingout - 185/178/165/101 - 20 total

4-27: flowergoddesstn - 214/204/190/130 - 24 total

4-27: Dimples0323 - 284/284/241/145 - 43 total

4-28: Susan4794 - 283/229/150 - 54 total

4-28: bluehill - 333/228/150 - 105 total

4-28: Irish Girl - 225/214/150/135 - 75 total

4-29: Momofsixkids - 238/188/140 - 50 total

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow! Haven't been online in awhile & this thread is going gang-busters! Hi everyone!! :)

Today I had my nutrition 1-on-1 consult & 1st exercise appointment... I can't believe I'm typing this, but it felt GREAT to work out on the equipment!! I'm flying high on the endorphins & positive changes I'm working toward!

Bandedme: My surgeon's pre-pre-surgery daily requirements are 70 g Protein, 30-50 g carbs, 15-30 g fat... no bread, rice, Pasta, potatoes... replace 1 meal w/a high-protein shake (I drink it for b'fast) + 2 Multivitamins + 64 oz water... hope that helps! (Then it's a 2-week pre- and post-op liquid diet, then "mushies"...)

Re: emotions/feelings... I'm up & down, too. At this moment I'm up... feeling good that I actually, officially "exercised" & it didn't kill me... ate a nice salad for lunch... on track, doing good... but don't let it fool you! -- I could be down in a moment's notice! Having to review with each medical professional my weight, bmi, medicines, blah blah blah... it can be hard to keep facing the truth over & over & over... I feel like, can't I fill out 1 universal form & copy it & just hand it out wherever I go?? BUT... facing it is part of it, I guess... and I tell myself that I'll never have these stats again & that I'm seeing all these folks because I'm doing something POSITIVE! I am taking responsibility for ME! I am taking charge of ME! Where I've been the last on my list for years & years (typical woman/wife/mom syndrome)... I am now putting myself, well, if not #1, then definitely closer to the top of the list! Doing that can be so mind-blowing for me... it actually amazes me sometimes when I do something for myself and the world doesn't come to a shrieking halt! Everyone just adjusts & goes on (if they evey notice!)... wild! So it is definitely a roller coaster ride of emotions / self-discoveries / milestones... but I just keep reminding myself that it's all for GOOD!!!

Gosh I can't wait 'til I have an actual surgery date!!!!! (I'm hoping I'll have one by the end of the month!!!)

((hugs)) everyone!

Tracy~ thanks for posting 4/06 bandsters. It really helps to see all of those names and #'s at once. That is such a great way to keep up the idea that I know that I will be able to accomplish those #'s myself.

mdrai~ I went and exercised last night I felt the same way. I was surprised that I felt as well as I did when I was done. However, tonight may be a different story LOL!! But I am determined to do it!!!

WOW! Thanks for the....

I keep telling myself but tomorrow I AM going to do it - I AM GOING TO THE GYM TOMORROW!!!!!

Take care everyone! April will be here soon!

Bandedme (almost! HA!)

4/5/07

Well bandedme? Did you make it to the gym????????

Kat817 --- you are always so experienced, knowledgable, informative, and inspiring... I love to read your posts...

I'm alittle surpised to hear no "2-week pre-op diet"..... But I think it is great to get a head start on eating behavior and weight loss.

TerriDoodle --- thanks for the link I may need it to help with my pre-op:nervous

GOOD LUCK AND HEALTH TO ALL.

Okay so I thought it would be fun to do a little number play with that long list of April "losers." The total weight loss for the group is 2413.4 pounds!! :faint: That is more than a TON!! Congrats on the great losses and I can only hope that we can do just as well. The average weight loss was 51.35 pounds. Seriously that's incredible. April 2007 Bandits, we've got BIG shoes to fill. :D

Emotionally, I go from being crazy excited to being really depressed. There is still a big part of me that keeps beating myself up over the fact that I'm having this surgery... that I actually need it and cannot diet and exercise my way down. :hungry: I wish I had more willpower, more whatever so I could lose weight on my own.

I tried to diet today and failed miserably. :faint: I'm so grateful that the band is in my future. But I'm also kind of worried. :omg: If I can't diet for ONE day, what am I doing putting myself on a permanent food plan? I guess I'm wondering if anyone else is having these thoughts. I know that they are just feelings not facts but those feelings can sure be overwhelming sometimes. :help:

I am soooo grateful for this support network. You women rock! (Do we have any guys yet?) Off to get some sleep. (I strongly dislike DST and having to adjust...grrrr....):)

With love, Sheila :notagree

Emotionally, I go from being crazy excited to being really depressed. There is still a big part of me that keeps beating myself up over the fact that I'm having this surgery... that I actually need it and cannot diet and exercise my way down. I wish I had more willpower, more whatever so I could lose weight on my own.

I tried to diet today and failed miserably. I'm so grateful that the band is in my future. But I'm also kind of worried. If I can't diet for ONE day, what am I doing putting myself on a permanent food plan? I guess I'm wondering if anyone else is having these thoughts.

Sheila -- Don't you realize that each and every one of us are 'beating ourselves up' because we don't have the 'willpower'? Yes, I feel quite sure that we are all doing that. For me to do what it takes I literally would have to stay hungry 80% of the day and exercise my butt off 5-6x a week. Do I have the 'willpower' to stay hungry 80% of my waking hours for the rest of my life?? Hell NO. Who does??? My genetic makeup is what it is...yours is too....and we are just lucky that we have this tool to help us. Do I wish I didn't have to do this? Yes. Am I absolutely GRATEFUL that this solution is available to me??? Oh, GAWD YES!!!

Am I concerned that I won't be able to stay on the LB food plan? Yes, a little....I'm sure we all are. It's a big, big change. But, for me, I know that if a plan succeeds for me and I'm losing even 5#...I'm on a ROLL baby and I stay motivated like crazy. It still doesn't get me to the gym like I should, but I stick to the plan otherwise. My BIG thing is avoiding hunger and the band should help with that. I think I will do alright. I don't think I'll be losing 20# in 2 weeks like so many do, but I think I'll lose enough to keep me moving in the right direction....slowly but surely....moving toward my goal.

And look at ALL THIS SUPPORT!! We're all going to be doing this together and that is going to be a huge help.

Tracy - That list is surely not updated for all those users, right? So what I'm saying is that only reflects the loss for the last time those users 'checked in'...and in reality their total losses at one year could be much higher! Wooo hooo!!! :biggrin1:

Terry

Well, I just got home from my sleep study... my last requirement!

I sure hope this will get me an April band for sure. I have to do a 10 day pre-op diet, but I am going to start a serious jump-start diet today. I have been eating bad lately, as discussed a little earlier on this thread.

Jut a note regarding self-pay and even co-pay's:

The psych. eval. is required by my insur. but not covered by my insur. (?!!!) so I was self-pay for that. The office my surgeon referred me to was $225. I called around to others and found one that would do it "no problem" for $75.

The sleep study was covered by insurance, although required by surgeon not the insurance comp. itself. The lab my surgeon's office referred me to said my benefits were verified at 80%/20% and my portion would be $125. I called around, just in case, and sure enough another clinic- much closer to my home- verified my benefits at 100% with no co-pay whatsoever!

So, call around. Do your own leg work instead of going by the referrals if money is an issue for you. I saved a ton of money and found offices that were closer to my home and more flexible in scheduling. Hope that helps someone out there!

Terri: You are right.. I just copied what Betty posted.. I'm sure that not all those people are still coming here to update... seems that most people get all skinny and then go MIA from here because .. GUESS WHAT their weight and food and gas pain are NOT at the forefront of their minds anymore! IMAGINE THAT! My doc said to expect 1-3 pounds a week loss... I am a firm believer in a bodies set points.. for instance every time I have lost a significant amount of weight and begin to lose it again... I ALWAY plateau at 224 lbs.. DON'T ASK ME WHY... but the general consensous is that I was at 224 for a long time and my body likes it so it gets there and digs its nastly little feet in.

Also.. my LOW set point is about 172 lbs...... I've never been lower than that... (when I've been aware of my weight)

I figure that even if I'm on the low end of the losing side... 50 lbs in a year would put me within reach of ONEderland.. and just to get back to the 100's again is a MAJOR milestone. Now dont get me wrong.... I want to lose 80 in the first year... but as I sit here and type this, I am wearing a short sleeved blouse that fit me fine this time last year and today it is a little too tight and would be WAY too tight if I buttoned it... so instead I'm wearing it as a shell...........

I had a major clothing dilema this morning and I was so hot and sweaty from going through my closet trying on Spring blouses that I couldn't even put my make up on until I got to work and cooled off........

I AM SO FRICKEN SICK OF THIS FAT!

I wish I was getting banded today!

Terry- Thanks so much for the encouragement! I was so disappointed in myself that I couldn't follow a program for one stinkin' day. Something to keep in mind is that when May 1st comes and we all have our bands, our little group will motivate and encourage one another. We'll be able to rely on our strengths as a group. For example, I LOVE to exercise but I'm not so good at the food part. We're gonna do this and I have no doubt that we'll all work this tool to the best of our abilities!!

Tracy- Well that's even more exciting! To think that the list isn't even updated.... seriously how cool!! I'm having a clothing problem today too Tracy. I don't want to buy new clothes....I'm self pay so I can't buy new clothes...but I'm also super sick and tired of not having ANYTHING to wear. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Thank God for the Band!!

Speaking of God, lol, I'm off to church. I sing as a soloist on many Sundays so I gotta go practice. Then it's work and then home to garden.

Have a great day ya'll.

With love, Sheila

P.S. A final thought, my Dad told me to stop obsessing about the band last night and I commented about how it gives my mind something to do before the surgery. He emailed me a NASA report looking at the likelyhood of some huge asteroids hitting the Earth within 20 years. On the bottom of the report he wrote: Obsess About This!! I just thought that was hilarious. Have a great day, Beautiful April Bandits soon to be Butterflies.

If any of you having clothing issues are interested I have some clothes that I have finally "undergrown". Mostly casual, some dressier. I began in a size 22/24 pants.....and 3X or 26/28ish shirts. I have some jumper style dresses....mostly odds & ends, but maybe something that could tide you over while you begin the losing---which will be coming SOON!!!!

If you are interested shoot me a Pm with an address and what your current size need is, and I will see what's in the bag. What I don't find needed homes for is going to the "garage sale of the Universe" later this month here in town.

Kat

Thank you Kat!

Sheila: I could not stand it any longer and I went to Wally World on my lunch break.. I picked up a new shirt that is too tight if I button it, but looks good as a shell.. I opted for the 18/20 instead of the more comfy 22/24, so that as I lose weight it doesn't swallow me and should last the season..... also I spurged on two new pairs of sandals, and a new wireless el-cheapo bra that I can wear directly after surgery..... won't support the girls very good, but should be comfortable and offer enough support to keep from being obscene! LOL

Hi All,

Just been reading all of the latest updates! Been working away again, I'm worried, all I seem to do is want to eat everything I can at the moment, in 2.5 weeks Im having the surgery, what am I going to do? I wanted to lose 14lbs prior surgery, I could probably do it if I followed SBD or the lighter life sachets for 14 days prior surgery, but heck that like kicks in on this Sunday then it will be 14 days before surgery, Ive got to focus :pray:

I was also reading everyones feelings,and worries....I too have turned into a recluse as in I dont want to go anywhere (resteraunts etc) or go into wimne bars etc, my friend said 'sara when you lose weight you'll get your confidence back and feel differently about yourself' I sure hope so folks...I hope we all do, those of us that feel insecure, its like my fat is a protection blanket..weird....

Thanks for posting the April 06 bandsters Tracy, that is realy encouraging to see, and is a real motivationer too :)

take care all... :(