Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 days post op and wondering if the Protein Shakes I've tried are contributing to my diahhrea? The 2 I've tried both contain milk. Today I had .5 ounce of one and within 5mins I was in the bathroom. I talked to the nurse and she said everyone experiences lactose intolarents differently. Which I can understand, but I don't want to keep on testing to see if I'm lactose intolarent!

With that, does anyone have suggestions for a good tasting lactose free Protein shake/powder?

Thanks for your help!

So...just realized the shakes I had were lactose free, but contained milk. So, now I'm rephrasing my question. Anyone have good suggestions for a dairy free protein shake/powder? B)

I had the same thing. I changed to fat free lactose free milk with the shakes and diarrhea ceased. Thank god! I do still go poop 2 times a day but they are more solid (sorry TMI)!

DOS 12/17/12

I know, I feel like TMI is already a disclaimer for posting on here! :D

What Protein did you use with the ff/lactose free milk? Thank you

Sorry Nicole K, I think I need dairy free, not lactose free.

Isopure makes a whey Protein Drink that's sort of like a sports drink and I believe it's lactose and dairy free. I drink the grape flavor in 20oz premixed bottles. I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe, and I think you can get them Online (maynr GNC too?) It's actually not that bad, in my opinion. Good luck!

I had my surgery this past Monday and the hospital served me the Grape Isopure. I was so blown away that I used my iPad in the hospital to order some from Amazon. It is dairy and lactose free, tastes great, and doesn't have that Protein after taste. The nurse gave me a suggestion that I have been following and I am telling anyone who will listen. :)

Prepare an Isopure mixture of Isopure Grape Frost with Propel Zero grape. I have done the mixtures from half and half to more or less Protein depending on where I am with my protein and liquid intake for the day. Since I am on liquids, I start the day with half/half and as the day progresses I just mix it up based on my needs. It tastes great and makes it so I only need the one bottle to carry around!

I also read on Amazon that you can do something similar by mixing up a batch of grape koolaid (the mix itself is sugar free) with regular Water and using it to mix with the Isopure. I chose not to do that because of the extra "stuff" in the propel.

@tzbandtobypass - Never thought about mixing the grape Isopure with propel! I will have to try that this weekend! What a great way to get some extra "stuff" in too. Thanks so much for sharing!!