Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Abby' date=' I had it 12/17 at Community with Dr. Simon. I hope you're the sweet lady I strolled the hallway with. I never got her name.[/quote']

Sadly, I am not she! My surgery was an add on for Dr. McDonald (it was a difficult situation bc I had the sleeve done in Aug with someone else and it went horribly wrong...) anyway, I was at Upstate and not Community General.

For those who went to Syracuse....who was your surgeon and what were your thoughts and feelings about them? Thanks!

I had Dr. McDonald (Upstate) and I think he and the practice are fantastic! I can't say enough good things about them. Dr. McDonald really takes his time to explain things.

In August I had the sleeve done with Dr. DeSimone. I have to say, it didn't go well. I'm sure he has done many surgeries that are successful, and I guess it was just my (un)lucky day when he operated. The practice left much to be desired, in my opinion.

Hi All! I am from Syracuse, but live near Rochester now. Had my surgery done in Rochester on 12/21.

Boy, those first couple of weeks are really tough, aren't they?

I'm finding it hard to drink 32oz of water/fluids a day. And i find the Protein shakes nauseating!

I've been "experimenting" with other soft foods with success though. I'm healing up nicely, but really ready to move on to something more...regular haha.

I hear you! The first weeks are really tough! But just do your best with the Protein and the fluids every day. It'll come with time! :)

I had mine in Rochester on 12/17. Things are going very well and I'm losing slowly but surely.

I had mine done in Rochester NY to by Dr Gandhi at Rochester general

I'm from Rochester too. I went to Highland Hospital

I'm from Buffalo-surgery was at St Joes Hospital with Dr. Pham. He is so wonderful, I cannot recommend him highly enough! (Hospital sucked, but I was only there one night so it didn't matter much.) surgery was 12/13/12 and I am down 39 lbs and 3 sizes so far.

I had mine done in the Utica area anyone from this area?

Syracuse..who is your surgeon?

It was Dr Graber but he's in both areas

That's why I asked...he's my doc too! I'm not until April. How was your experience with him?

It was fantastic. I had absolutely no problems. I would recommend him and the process. I had my surgery Nov 19th was back to work one week later and have had no problems. I'm down 45lbs as of this morning.

Hello all, I'm in Scotia Ny just outside of Albany but am originally from Rome. I'm scheduled for february 6th RNY.