Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to Regret.....errrrrr!

I know how you feel. I have absolutely NO support from my family. They all feel that it should not be allowed unless you weigh at least 400 pounds or more.

I take so many meds it is hard to keep track of them all. There are some that will be with me for life, but there are others that are related to weight and those should all be able to go once I lose the extra pounds.

My joints were bad before I put on weight and having over an extra 100# hanging on me with every move sure did not help. I cannot even lift 100#! I have had both knees replaced and a hip. The hip did not heal properly and as soon as I recover from this surgery, I am scheduled for a revision on my hip which is a very difficult procedure. That will have a long recovery time and although I will be doing a lot o physical therapy, it will affect my ability to do the kind of exercise I would prefer.

Do not let anyone bully you into thinking you took the easy way out. Nothing about this is easy but for those of us that just cannot keep it off it is a great tool. We just have to remember that this is not another diet that will end some day, rather it is the beginning of an entirely new lifestyle. I have had three heart attacks and do not want another! I live with chronic severe fibromyalgia that has nothing to do with the weight, but I would still be better able to move around if this weight was gone. I will need pain medication forever but not all the other stuff with the crappy side effects.

I have this on My Favorites and her blog is loaded with excellent info and recipes - http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Good luck on your journey!

Lynn

I know how you feel. I have absolutely NO support from my family. They all feel that it should not be allowed unless you weigh at least 400 pounds or more.

I take so many meds it is hard to keep track of them all. There are some that will be with me for life' date=' but there are others that are related to weight and those should all be able to go once I lose the extra pounds.

My joints were bad before I put on weight and having over an extra 100# hanging on me with every move sure did not help. I cannot even lift 100#! I have had both knees replaced and a hip. The hip did not heal properly and as soon as I recover from this surgery, I am scheduled for a revision on my hip which is a very difficult procedure. That will have a long recovery time and although I will be doing a lot o physical therapy, it will affect my ability to do the kind of exercise I would prefer.

Do not let anyone bully you into thinking you took the easy way out. Nothing about this is easy but for those of us that just cannot keep it off it is a great tool. We just have to remember that this is not another diet that will end some day, rather it is the beginning of an entirely new lifestyle. I have had three heart attacks and do not want another! I live with chronic severe fibromyalgia that has nothing to do with the weight, but I would still be better able to move around if this weight was gone. I will need pain medication forever but not all the other stuff with the crappy side effects.

I have this on My Favorites and her blog is loaded with excellent info and recipes - http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Good luck on your journey!

Lynn

Good luck with yours as well and thanks for you advice and I really wish you well! You guys have been so much help and you probably don't even know it! I really do appreciate it because I really don't have anyone else to talk to who understands! Please keep me posted!!

I'm starting to regret telling people about me having the surgery...when I first decided to have it I said that I would tell everyone because I don't want it to be a secret...well I should've kept it just that!

The response I've been getting have been "your not even big enough"..."all you need to do is exercise"...."you know people die from that right"....like I just want to say shut up!!

"Shut up" might be an appropriate response for some people. If they are other obese people making the comments to you, you might state, "hey, YOU should consider the surgery yourself - it's really wonderful surgery." I always just change the topic to "wow, I am so amazed at what technology has made possible. This is miraculous surgery." In other words, just steer the conversation. Another thought: some of these people making these comments might be people who should exit your life - you don't need the baggage. Just slowly let them exit.

I do not regret telling people about the surgery. Yes, I hear stupid comments all the time. People usually make these comments because they feel pain when they see other people making self-empowering decisions and they are NOT doing so.

I think the dumbest comment I heard was from a coworker that asked me to smell her Pepsi and that she was proud to be fat and thick. This was after my surgery and I just laughed.

At the end of the day you are doing this for you and no one else. You stand in front of your mirror everyday not them.

I have been really fortunate that everyone has supported me through this. I have been public about it and 88 lbs later I feel WONDERFUL! I feel sexy, confident and more like a woman!

We all have our reasons for doing this and it is different for everyone. I wanted to be healthy and do what was best for my body.

My final thought to you is this - the haters will always hate and be jealous of the decision to change your life for the better. If they do not support you then they are not friends. Stay strong and remember we are all here for you!

"Shut up" might be an appropriate response for some people. If they are other obese people making the comments to you' date=' you might state, "hey, YOU should consider the surgery yourself - it's really wonderful surgery." I always just change the topic to "wow, I am so amazed at what technology has made possible. This is miraculous surgery." In other words, just steer the conversation. Another thought: some of these people making these comments might be people who should exit your life - you don't need the baggage. Just slowly let them exit.

I do not regret telling people about the surgery. Yes, I hear stupid comments all the time. People usually make these comments because they feel pain when they see other people making self-empowering decisions and they are NOT doing so.[/quote']

you're absolutely right! Believe me when I say, those negative Nancy's are no longer a major factor in my life! I'm all about uplifting and positivity...Thanks :)

I think the dumbest comment I heard was from a coworker that asked me to smell her Pepsi and that she was proud to be fat and thick. This was after my surgery and I just laughed.

At the end of the day you are doing this for you and no one else. You stand in front of your mirror everyday not them.

I have been really fortunate that everyone has supported me through this. I have been public about it and 88 lbs later I feel WONDERFUL! I feel sexy' date=' confident and more like a woman!

We all have our reasons for doing this and it is different for everyone. I wanted to be healthy and do what was best for my body.

My final thought to you is this - the haters will always hate and be jealous of the decision to change your life for the better. If they do not support you then they are not friends. Stay strong and remember we are all here for you![/quote']

Thanks so much and congrats on your weight loss that's freakin awesome!! I can't believe someone would do that!! I guess I better get use to the not so wanted comments because this surgery is happening lol!

I feel the same sometimes like I should had told no one then let them see me slim down & simply say diet & exercise & I have a dietician.

I feel the same sometimes like I should had told no one then let them see me slim down & simply say diet & exercise & I have a dietician.

lololol exactly!

Hi Libra_Lisa, Life is way too short to allow others' opinion of your decision affect your journey in this life. Just keep your head up & the Sun will continue to shine upon you, my Sister!!! You hold the key to your destiny :-) Congratulations on coming this far!

Hi Libra_Lisa' date=' Life is way too short to allow others' opinion of your decision affect your journey in this life. Just keep your head up & the Sun will continue to shine upon you, my Sister!!! You hold the key to your destiny :-) Congratulations on coming this far![/quote']

Thank you soooo much! That has always been a problem of mine...I would let outside influences effect me but as I'm getting older and maturing I'm realizing that I can not live for others and this is my life and no one can live it but me! Thanks again :)

Thank you soooo much! That has always been a problem of mine...I would let outside influences effect me but as I'm getting older and maturing I'm realizing that I can not live for others and this is my life and no one can live it but me! Thanks again :)

Yeah girl.... As we mature we get wise.

I most definitely will! I sooooo know how you feel...it's almost like I have to hide it but I really didn't want to because I'm not ashamed of getting the surgery at all but others are making me feel that's it's the wrong decision but screw them, I'm doing this for me and my health! But if you want to wait to tell others by all means do so and speaking from experience the negativity that comes along with telling ppl is so uneeded! Best of wishes and keep me posted!

Thanks for the encouragement, and I 'll definitely keep you posted!