Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey y'all! I'm 23 days out, and I seriously have to force myself to eat, as soon as I take one bite, I feel full! Or nauseous, or whatever I'm eating seems SO undesirable!!! What do y'all do? Or any suggestions?! I'm miserable!! I feel starving all the time and at the same time, it's like I can't eat or anything I take a bite of, will bust my pouch! Anything guys?

I am sorry you are going through this. I am a month post op and I a scared I stretched my pouch because where most are saying they can only get a bite or two in I am eating like a 1/4 to 1/2 cup each meal. but I do have to stop myself because I still don't get that full feeling or I just don't know how to recognize it.

That is normal feeling and it will pass. Just make sure you are getting your Water intake everyday.

I feel same way most the time, but if i need to eat I'll grab a hand full of nuts or soft fish. Also thin cut lunch meat form the market. It take me a hour to one pc of fish. A little bite ever 15 min are so.

My surgery was Oct. 23 and I get sick most everytime I eat!!! Even the Protein Shakes are to sweet and make me sick!! I can eat yogurt, mashed potatoes, and Light Laughing Cow cheese!!! What else can I do or try because I'm sick of vomiting!!!!!

My surgery was Oct. 23 and I get sick most everytime I eat!!! Even the Protein shakes are to sweet and make me sick!! I can eat yogurt' date=' mashed potatoes, and Light Laughing Cow cheese!!! What else can I do or try because I'm sick of vomiting!!!!![/quote']

Is it painful too? Bc I had mine on the 23 of oct too and I had prob and they had to go back in and fix it I was blocked so I would def be safe than sorry

Is it painful too? Bc I had mine on the 23 of oct too and I had prob and they had to go back in and fix it I was blocked so I would def be safe than sorry

There's a lot of swelling at this point also. I swore I had a stricture at 3 or4 weeks out but it was just surgical healing.

It's not really painful, I just don't understand why I can eat some soft foods and then others make me vomit everytime! Just frustrated and trying to get enough Protein in is really hard when the shakes make me sick, I'm to the point now that the powder is to expensive to waste if I can't drink them!!! Ugh!!! I know I can't live off of laughing cow cheese and mashed potatoes but it seems that is all I can keep down!

That is how I am feeling now. I can barely eat anything. I feel like I am going to throw up each time I try. I stopped drinking Water because I can't really get that down and switched to g2. I called my doctors office today and my surgeons nurse just said that my belly is still healing just just force my self to eat. I can't even take my pills i need without getting sick.

Stephanie

I'm 5 weeks from 10/23--I rely on cheese sticks, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, yogurt, eggs, and Beans. There is a GREAT hot chocolate Protein Drink that you mix w 8 oz warm water-purchase from Nashua Nutrition online. Has 15g Protein and is wonderful! Tastes just like reg hot chocolate! The warmth is soothing and filling as well.

It will pass. You are learning how your new body is. Things that make you sick now will eventually go down ok, but it will take some time. Make sure you keep drinking Fluid. Call the doctor office as well. I got anti-nausea med to help me through that time.

I am sorry you are going through this. I am a month post op and I a scared I stretched my pouch because where most are saying they can only get a bite or two in I am eating like a 1/4 to 1/2 cup each meal. but I do have to stop myself because I still don't get that full feeling or I just don't know how to recognize it.

I am right there with ya. I can eat the 1/2C of whatever and no signal to stop. Now, 20m later I can feel it in my throat, so I know I ate just enough, but yeah, there's no "one or two bites and im stuffed" feeling here either. I guess I should feel blessed though, because so far nothing has made me sick. I am able to get my Vitamins in. I am able to drink my shakes. I do struggle with 64oz of Fluid, but average around 40oz. Other than itchy healing incisions, LOL, I am grateful to not have any issues. I stick to the 1/2C container to measure my food, and am not gonna try to push anymore than that!

This is random. Do any of you try to hide what's going on from your kids? My girls ate 4 and 6. I don't want them to know because I might as well put it on a billboard: LINDSAY HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY--FEEL FREE TO CRITICIZE

This is random. Do any of you try to hide what's going on from your kids? My girls ate 4 and 6. I don't want them to know because I might as well put it on a billboard: LINDSAY HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY--FEEL FREE TO CRITICIZE

Yeah that age is too young. They would never understand