Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Lotion. Some really moisturizing and neosporin. You are gonna itch as you heal. The neosporin helped the most but now that I'm 4 weeks out I use lotion all over

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th' date=' 2012[/quote']

Yes I have lotion and I bought the Benadryl cream so many talked about the itching. But I guess I don't use anything on the sores till after 2 week post op appt. those nurses were like drill sargents about what to do and what not to do cuz I had asked. I am scared to suck on a SF Popsicle right now all I do is sip the Protein Drink and sip my Water they are both in 10 oz bottles and when i am done I just refill them and go again.

As I was saying earlier about the gas up high in my back shoulder blade area I seem to belch more then it goes out the oth end. One of the reasons I didn't let one of my girlfriends from Dallas come here to be with me after surgery because I am modest about farting. And so many folks said they stunk badly and was alot of it. I am not having any of that. Wonder why?

No I don't even pass gas in front of my husband. Oh he has no problem with me. But I have always been weird about it. I even get on my 5 yr old granddaughter when she laughs and says oops I farted I can't help it and laughs some more. But I guess things could be worse

First day back at work and everything was chaotic with a months worth of work on my desk to do! Came home with pounding headache and this weird feeling of skin crawling. Any suggestions on what to do for that?

Sounds to me like you could use some relaxation. Maybe a nice bath or shower followed by some pretty smelling lotion would do you quite well after those long days at work!

I see my dr in the am. Praying he has some sort of cure for this pain in my tummy. I seriously don't think the er dr knew what she was talking about. All I do is sleep off the pain meds, eat Wendy's chili and drink. But I'm only getting about 16 oz in and I know that's no bueno. Still can't believe they didn't give me an iv either!

Anyway, praying for Lisa and Southern and anyone else still having difficulties. May you all be filled with Gods comfort while your drs do their thing!

I see my dr in the am. Praying he has some sort of cure for this pain in my tummy. I seriously don't think the er dr knew what she was talking about. All I do is sleep off the pain meds' date=' eat Wendy's chili and drink. But I'm only getting about 16 oz in and I know that's no bueno. Still can't believe they didn't give me an iv either!

Anyway, praying for Lisa and Southern and anyone else still having difficulties. May you all be filled with Gods comfort while your drs do their thing![/quote']

Good luck. Hope they find the cause of the pain.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Jodi I told dr roller when he gets in there to see if he could find the alien in my stomach. He thought that was rather funny. Lol

I know alot of you said you were sleeping in a recliner I tried and can't. I sleep in bed with alot of pillows. And they told me in the hospital I could sleep on my sides which I do. Just not on my stomach which I don't. Sending hubs to store tomorrows more Water. Gas x. SF Jello. SF applesauce. A themometer . What else should I get?

SF Popsicles. SF pudding. Chix broth. Decaf tea

DOS 12/17/12

Redo, I'm on my way now to see my doc about stomach pain and Fluid issues! We are twins!

The gas pains you all talk about where are they located. I belch more then the other way. But have weird pains in my back right in the center between shoulder blades. Sometimes under the blades. Could they be gas pains or something else?

That can be gas, walking helps. I used a rice heating pad. You have to get it to move to reabsorb or out. Good luck. It can get really bad though.

I see my dr in the am. Praying he has some sort of cure for this pain in my tummy. I seriously don't think the er dr knew what she was talking about. All I do is sleep off the pain meds' date=' eat Wendy's chili and drink. But I'm only getting about 16 oz in and I know that's no bueno. Still can't believe they didn't give me an iv either!

Anyway, praying for Lisa and Southern and anyone else still having difficulties. May you all be filled with Gods comfort while your drs do their thing![/quote']

Hey, was wondering if the chili ever bothered you before or if you think that could be the cause? I know my belly cannot handle anything that tastes kinda like real food yet lol, and Wendy's chili is pretty darn good. Just a thought. Have you tried kinda going back to Protein shakes/liquids for a day or two? Wondering if that might help you. I know I are some lobster bisque and I had a stomach ache for two days. A bad one too, hurt all the way into my back! Anyways, hoping your doc can shed some light on this for you and you get relief soon! :)

Ugh my first bad day... I did something funky probably overdid it climbing in and out of a tractor at work... Have a pretty sharp pain in my left side by my biggest incision it's been tender since surgery but if I bend the wrong way it really hurts today feels muscular I'm sure I'm fine just uncomfortable

I did the same thing! Not in and out of a tractor, but ohhh the pain sometimes if you move in just the right way is just awful! :(

Hey' date=' was wondering if the chili ever bothered you before or if you think that could be the cause? I know my belly cannot handle anything that tastes kinda like real food yet lol, and Wendy's chili is pretty darn good. Just a thought. Have you tried kinda going back to Protein shakes/liquids for a day or two? Wondering if that might help you. I know I are some lobster bisque and I had a stomach ache for two days. A bad one too, hurt all the way into my back! Anyways, hoping your doc can shed some light on this for you and you get relief soon! :)[/quote']

It's not a "I ate something wrong" kinda hurt, it's more like somebody kicked me in the stomach. It does hurt to bend, sit, even pass gas, and forget about actually using the bathroom in any kind of way! I'm hoping it's not a hernia.

The chili is actually pretty watered down so it's not so hard to chew it to death before swallowing. Aside from the chili I just do liquids and 1 shake a day if I can fit it in.

Jodi I hope you feel better asap Twin!

It's not a "I ate something wrong" kinda hurt' date=' it's more like somebody kicked me in the stomach. It does hurt to bend, sit, even pass gas, and forget about actually using the bathroom in any kind of way! I'm hoping it's not a hernia.

The chili is actually pretty watered down so it's not so hard to chew it to death before swallowing. Aside from the chili I just do liquids and 1 shake a day if I can fit it in.

Jodi I hope you feel better asap Twin![/quote']

Ohh!! Gotcha!! Yeah, mine was a belly ache ache if that makes any sense. Yes, I hope it's not a hernia either!! Well, keep us posted when you can and we'll all be praying everything goes well for you!!

"thisshizzisbananas: Hey, was wondering if the chili ever bothered you before or if you think that could be the cause? I know my belly cannot handle anything that tastes kinda like real food yet lol, and Wendy's chili is pretty darn good."

I had my first post op yesterday. Yeah. The holidays for all of us threw us off due to our Drs not being available. So good news is I'm on the path of losing weight again. Lost that weight, plus a pound, I gained last week when I got mildly dehydrated and had to drink an enormous amount of liquids due to my body not processing them properly. That has fixed itself and last night I had about 1/3 (5 teaspoons) of a small Wendy's chili. I've been wanting it for weeks, yeah. Body tolerated it well.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Boy dehydration is a killer isn't it. I experienced it but just started doing everything to rehydrate that I knew to do and advise from here and was able to pull it out. I am glad you are better Gen.

I am going to have to try Wendy's chili that some of you have tried. I have my postop tomorrow morning and I think i will end up getting fluids, my skin is not looking great and the pinch test is a fail, so my goal today is to just drink and not worry so much about my Protein since I hate getting IV's. I will keep you posted.

I hope Lisa and Southern feel better soon as well as everyone else having issues right now. Take care everyone and have a great Thursday :)

Yes I have lotion and I bought the Benadryl cream so many talked about the itching. But I guess I don't use anything on the sores till after 2 week post op appt. those nurses were like drill sargents about what to do and what not to do cuz I had asked. I am scared to suck on a SF Popsicle right now all I do is sip the Protein drink and sip my Water they are both in 10 oz bottles and when i am done I just refill them and go again.

As I was saying earlier about the gas up high in my back shoulder blade area I seem to belch more then it goes out the oth end. One of the reasons I didn't let one of my girlfriends from Dallas come here to be with me after surgery because I am modest about farting. And so many folks said they stunk badly and was alot of it. I am not having any of that. Wonder why?

No I don't even pass gas in front of my husband. Oh he has no problem with me. But I have always been weird about it. I even get on my 5 yr old granddaughter when she laughs and says oops I farted I can't help it and laughs some more. But I guess things could be worse

I never had bad smelly gas either and still don't.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012