Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It Seems Like Nothing Seems To Agree With Me :'(

Surgery 10-25-12

I'm on my third week, first week all I could handle was popsicles an flavored water.. second week all I could handle was unsweetened Apple sauce an organic kids on the go yogurts an flavored water.. third week now suppose to try eat mashed potatoes which I've tried an they seemed to do okay an boiled eggs which didn't go well an refried Beans smashed which my stomach didn't like after the first tiny bite :'( I'm do drained all the time cuz I'm not getting anything solid in me an my Vitamins make me sick.

Try cottage cheese

Greek yogurt. I like Dannon fit n light

Cream of chicken Soup

Hope this helps

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

Everyone path to healing after surgery is very different. I could not for the first month as well. Are you nauseated at all? My doctor gave me carafate to help coat my stomach and I did a little better after that. Try oatmeal w/ sugar free sweetener.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Everyone path to healing after surgery is very different. I could not for the first month as well. Are you nauseated at all? My doctor gave me carafate to help coat my stomach and I did a little better after that. Try oatmeal w/ sugar free sweetener.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I have only gotten nauseated twice sense surgery. I'll try the oatmeal thank u:)

HI Sara, I had issues the four weeks or so. My new pouch would ache (not really hurt but, was uncomfortable) and make me feel as if I would get sick. But knowing i'd become dehydrated if I didn't drink or sip I forced myself to do it anyway. I did find that after a while it ached less and was more accepting. You will have to push yourself to keep drinking. If mashed potatoes aren't agreeing with you then maybe your body isn't ready for something so thick. You should trying thinning them out a bit or switch to something with more moisture like pureed Soups. Every doctors eating instructions seem to be different and you'll see that here for sure. I wasn't allowed mashed potatoes until my 5th/6th week. I had two weeks of liquids only....protein shakes, non-sugared drinks, and Water. After that it was Protein drinks, pureed foods such as Soups that fell into the less than 6 grams of fat, less than 14 grams of sugar catagory etc. Maybe mash potatoes at this point are too much for you. Everyone is so different for sure!

Another thing that helped me was testing different temperatures of what I took in. I swear each week a different temperature worked. It does get better...keep trying your best to get the liquids and Proteins in.

Vitamins.....for some it does make them feel sick but, try a different time of day. If first thing in the morning doesn't work...try at lunch or dinner time. It's really important to get them in especially if you can't get in much nutrients. There are lots of different chewables out there. I've had to try a few to get the flavors and sizes that agreed with me.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Thank u:) I think I'm going to wait till next week to start thicker foods. The mashed potatoes are the only thing that agrees with me. I need to find a diff Vitamin because the Vitamins my surgent sold me I have to take three times a day so there's no getting around it I'm sick all day :'( I have no energy I can only drink freezing cold drinks so I'm constantly switching out my drink when it gets to warm. I just same somthing solid already. I feel like I'm doing everything I'm suppose to do an still not getting strength an I'm do exhausted all the time :'/ I'm def pushing myself an doing what my stomach/body is telling me!!

Thank u:) I think I'm going to wait till next week to start thicker foods. The mashed potatoes are the only thing that agrees with me. I need to find a diff Vitamin because the Vitamins my surgent sold me I have to take three times a day so there's no getting around it I'm sick all day :'( I have no energy I can only drink freezing cold drinks so I'm constantly switching out my drink when it gets to warm. I just same somthing solid already. I feel like I'm doing everything I'm suppose to do an still not getting strength an I'm do exhausted all the time :'/ I'm def pushing myself an doing what my stomach/body is telling me!!

Im pretty much going thru all the same things ur going thru and we had our surgery the same day i agree with cold drinks they have to be ice cold if they get warm i dobt want it ya i too dont think im eating enough i found wat helps me with coating my tummy may not taste all that. Baby oatmeal with bananas after i finsh it my tummy feels good like its coated

Im pretty much going thru all the same things ur going thru and we had our surgery the same day i agree with cold drinks they have to be ice cold if they get warm i dobt want it ya i too dont think im eating enough i found wat helps me with coating my tummy may not taste all that. Baby oatmeal with bananas after i finsh it my tummy feels good like its coated

Hmm I'm going to have to try that. Baby food bananas it regular bananas

Hmm I'm going to have to try that. Baby food bananas it regular bananas

No its already mixed it comes in a box and says oatmeal with bananas all u do it warm sum Water or milk and mix it together

No its already mixed it comes in a box and says oatmeal with bananas all u do it warm sum Water or milk and mix it together

I'll see if I can find it here thank u:)