Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else On Liquid Diet For Thanksgiving?

I am going to Baptist Hospital Bariatric Center of Excellence in Pensacola. Seeing Dr Friedman. He is great.

What time is your surgery??? Maybe we can walk the halls together after surgery!!!

OMG..... Just got my approval today I have been extremely blessed I just started my journey alittle over three months ago and already approved with cigna who I have heard horror storys about when it comes to the approval process it only took five days and my surgery will be in two weeks because of my two week liquid diet that my surgeon requires..... I just want to say good luck to everyone and hang in there we will get though this together and look forward to seeing yall on the other side :)

I will be on a liquid Turkey Day as well!! I can have steamed veggies so at least I can have a plate at the table with all of our families. My surgery date is 12/3.

Hi, I'm a newbie but I look forward to getting to know everyone. My surgery date is Nov 26, and a I started a restricted liquid diet yesterday. So far I'm exhausted and have constant headaches. I have a thanksgiving party this weekend that's one of my favorite events of the year, but I may skip it. I'm also planning on renting a movie and hanging out in bed while everyone eats. Luckily in this case, I'm anosmic so the smells won't be torturing me.

Hi' date=' I'm a newbie but I look forward to getting to know everyone. My surgery date is Nov 26, and a I started a restricted liquid diet yesterday. So far I'm exhausted and have constant headaches. I have a thanksgiving party this weekend that's one of my favorite events of the year, but I may skip it. I'm also planning on renting a movie and hanging out in bed while everyone eats. Luckily in this case, I'm anosmic so the smells won't be torturing me.[/quote']

Hey Lisa Collom.... Welcome I am so exited for you and excited that you will be my surgery sister my surgery is also on 11/26/12 .... My family suprised me last weekend with a thanksgiving dinner at my house with all my family and friends it was really sweet of them and I love that they are so supportive of me through this journey and the best part was I didn't have to cook at all lol :)

Smh.....I will be on a liquid diet for Thanksgiving (surgery Nov 26th!!) ......not sure how this is going to go considering I have to work and we do a huge pot luck! I'm going to have to hide!!! Anyone else in my boat?

Yes, I start my liquid diet on the 19th. So I'm going to have my Thanksgiving dinner this Saturday!

Hi' date=' I'm a newbie but I look forward to getting to know everyone. My surgery date is Nov 26, and a I started a restricted liquid diet yesterday. So far I'm exhausted and have constant headaches. I have a thanksgiving party this weekend that's one of my favorite events of the year, but I may skip it. I'm also planning on renting a movie and hanging out in bed while everyone eats. Luckily in this case, I'm anosmic so the smells won't be torturing me.[/quote']

I'm the 26th too!!!!

Smh.....I will be on a liquid diet for Thanksgiving (surgery Nov 26th!!) ......not sure how this is going to go considering I have to work and we do a huge pot luck! I'm going to have to hide!!! Anyone else in my boat?

I am too!!! :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

I am having surgery on Nov 26th at 9:35am with Dr Freidman. Sounds like we will be hall buddies! Please keep in touch and feel free to share/ask anything. I found my Protein Drink today and I am feeling a little stupid about being so excited but after I had one that tasted like I licked cement I was on a mission! If you are still looking I recommend GNC's 25 lean shakes ( I tried french vanilla) really yummy it is on sale for a better price premixed right now than the powder it has 25 grams of Protein and the calories and sugar aren't bad. I talked to some of my friends today about their post-surgery life. I was frankly a bit shocked. While one of my friends works out and has lost a ton of weight with the sleeve (works out A LOT) another of mine has started to regain on the sleeve, 1 of them has lost 60 lbs in 2 months since her bypass and another has dumping everyday because she still eats whatever she wants. Well hope to see you on the losing side. My preop appointment is the day before thanksgiving 21st and I start liquid diet then. I am having Thanksgiving tomorrow at a work potluck for the hubby then I won't feel like I missed out.

I will be in the hospital on Thanksgiving. I had thanksgiving dinner yesterday ;)

Hi everyone...I'm new here I have a question..I see a lot about liquid diets before surgery...my surgeon appointment was scheduled for Dec 3rd but i got a call today with the approval and scheduled surgery for November 28th..I see the surgeon on the 20th..is that enough time for a liquid diet..I'm hoping it isn't a mistake and he changes the date...

I did not have to do a liquid diet except for the day before surgery, so you may be ok...it depends on your surgeon.