Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I Lose This Weight I Will Never Gain It Back Again.......sound Familiar?

Good evening my friends! When you had RNY did you ever tell yourself "if I lose this weight I will never let myself gain it back again"? Well, I sure did. I had RNY in June of 2008 and went from 328 lbs. to 175 lbs. I felt positively svelt and could do all the things I could never do heavy. I continued on and did very well until my son passed away suddenly at the age of 27. That was in December 2010. He had a brain tumor in 2001 near his pituitary and due to the trauma to the gland, he would be on testerone injections, thyroid meds, DDAVP (Desmopressin for Diabetes Insipidus) and an assorted other types of pills to do for him what the pituitary couldn't. One of those drugs was Prednisone. He had been on them for nearly 10 years to help provide the cortisol his adrenal gland no longer did.

My son literally dropped dead outside his apartment on Friday, December 17, 2010. I had just hung up with him and I said "I love you Brandon" and he said "not as much" and I said "whatever". We found out he had passed on Saturday afternoon when he didn't meet me for Christmas shopping. Long story to say that the prednisone had caused severe liver damage and the liver had severe cirrhosis. The cause of death: Arythmia caused by Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.

After Brandon died, I can't explain it other than I felt like I was being trivial to count carbs and exercise when he would never be able to do those things. I was pretty strong throughout the arrangements and the weeks to come. The only way you could really tell I wasn't dealing well is when my weight started spiraling out of control.

Fast forward to September 2012. I was 246 lbs. which was a definite oppositie of "I will NEVER gain it back again". I felt fat and bloated. I was sad and felt like I had (once again) let myself go. I decided I had to do something so I attended the Obesity Help Conference here in Atlanta. That was the motivation I needed to get back on the wagon and get the regained weight gone. I started a program called Back on Track through the Bariatric Resource Center and I am literally back to basics. Protein, Protein, protein.....watching those carbs.....starting to move more.....drink water.....log my food on My Fitness Pal.

If you have regained and want to get back on the loser's train, this groups for YOU! We can discuss our ups and downs (quite literally), our strategies, our plans and lessons learned. Monday was my weigh in day and I am at 225.2 which is still about 50 lbs. to get back to where I got down to but I'm on the journey. Come join me and we can do this together!!!

Thank you for sharing Joyful

I had my surgery in July 2008

I am 5years out.

I am really hoping that there might be more people in this group to get back on track.

My last 5years have been pure hell

My son is still living with Cancer but hes as good as he can be

I am at a all time High with my weight.

I have found it so hard to get my motivation and I really NEED HELP

I had my surgery in April of 2008, my low was 160 I am now at 193. I'm afraid to talk to my dr. But I know I need to get back on track. Any advice.

My surgrey was in August 2013 and still have not reached any where close to my target wright I live in uk any group here that I can join

This is my biggest fear ????. I had surgery 01/20/14. My highest weight was 298lbs I now weigh 178. I started my journey in Jan of 2011 when I realized I was obese and was tired of not being able to do things with my family! For the last 2.5 months I have been at a stand still within 5 lbs! My goal was to get to 175 by Dec 31st. I gain half a lbs one week then lose a lb the next up and down! So frustrating!! Yesterday I decided I would shock my body into losing the last 3 lbs. for 3 days I would eat about 1000 calories while making sure to get my Water and Protein. I too need support!! I still have an addiction to food! It does not help that I am at home all day and tend to munch all day. I want to lose an additional 20-25 lbs over the next year. Everyday will be a struggle. I am not a lover of exercise I do it because I have to.

It sounds like you are hanging near your weight. Just keep your meals the size they should be, stay away from carbs, take your supplements and keep moving and exercising. I think having a fear that keeps you on the straight and narrow is a good thing.

Please help. Had my RNY 11/2009 got down to 178 from 331 and now I am back up to 238 and all I think about is eating. Kids are all married. They all live in different states then me. I lost my husband and I eat out of Borden.

Shay, I have been back on track now for the entire year. I have literally went back to basics. I went back to Protein Meal Replacements for the entire month of January. After that it felt like my pouch was back to post-surgery say 6 months. I have a definite stopping point now or I am sick. The other night I had some watermelon and dumped. It hurt like crazy but that is back and for that I am grateful.

I joined a group through WLS Success Matters (on-line) called Back on Track. It is 6 weeks long and there is a fee that covers the 6 weeks plus materials. It was like $199. It was worth every penny. I started this after I had been on Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement (recommended by my surgeon) for a month.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I had my RNY on sept 10th 2003 and I was so happy I just knew this was it for me, I would never see that weight again , I went from 288 the day of surgery to 148 in 7 months, I was so happy and a size 8 for the first time in my life . I stayed that way for 5 years then I broke my ankle and had surgery , ended up having to take steroids for it and gained 20 pounds seemingly overnight, I was up to a size ten and 170 , not so happy but still not a size 26, didn't change much of how I ate and stayed 170 for awhile then my youngest sister was murdered and I ended up having to fight for custody of her baby which I won but the stress had me going back to bad eating habits for comfort and I slowly gained 40 more pounds which is about half of what I lost. To say I'm disappointed in myself is an understatement , I'm not the only one unhappy with this, my husband has voiced his disapproval many times. I'm ready to get back on track and I saw a add for this group on Facebook this morning so here I am.

Thank you all for sharing...your courage and honesty is what I was looking for...I too had RNY back 2011 & went from 322lbs to 200lbs then after sister died...stress & other health related issues caused me to revert to my old habits of grazing & thus presently I am 260lbs. I want to get back on track and first of all learn how to incorporate Protein Shakes, Vitamins, & more Water into my day... Want to check w/Humana to see if they cover any such Meal Replacements or vitamins as these are costly & I am on disability... Thanks for letting me share :-) Bless

I weighed 500 lbs when I had surgery in 2009. I got and stayed down at 220 until my Dad died and I was diagnosed with fibromialgia and osteoarthritis. I'm now up to 280 lbs. I want to get back down and under 200 lbs. Right now I experience so much pain and exhaustion that it's difficult to exercise. I have no support from friends because nobody gets it. I don't want to live this way anymore but I don't know how to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Ladies, I am still battling and some days I feel victorious but others not so much. I know the thing to do is to go back to basics....limiting carbs, eating 3 times a day with no Snacks, no drinking when eating, Vitamins and walking at least. I wish there was a magic bullet. I wish the weight I gained would just fall off but reality has set in and I know it won't.

One thing I do know is that I have an eating disorder. I always looked at an eating disorder was when people don't eat (Anorexia) or eat and purge (Bulemia). I have come to realize that I am a food addict, a compulsive over eater. I don't know how to deal with emotions except to stuff them down. I am working to get a grip on this as I believe that is my only hope to ever attain and maintain a "normal" weight.

I just want to be healthy. I have to fly on business 3 round trips in the next 4 weeks and I'm already freaking out that the seat belt won't fit around my 265 lb. belly. I was totally humiliated once by a flight attendant who made it crystal clear to everyone with in 4 rows of me front and back that I needed an extender. That was the final straw to have me get everything in order for gastric bypass.

I have got to learn how to deal with this addiction. How to live with emotions and not be controlled by them. How to handle people who hurt my feelings without eating.

Kristen, that is great news. I will pray for a successful outcome. Just follow all the directions, don't drink alcohol (another subject for another post) and you will do great. Solve the emotional eating piece and develop good substitutes that are not food or alcohol.

God bless you!