Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I know it takes around a year for your mind to catch up with your body's changes but it's so frustrating! I'm really hard on myself and I'm trying not to be but I get so down in the dumps when I look at myself in the mirror! Everyone says they see such a change but I can't! Anyone else have any ideas for pushing past this? What do you do to remind yourself that you are changing?

The jeans I wear are a size 8 before it was 18 and tops XL now medium so when I see that I feel good. I see the difference but what bothers me is my tummy. Much smaller them before but to me it's big. So I'm catching up to my body finally.

I would love to hear more on this. Because it does seem like something every one deals with. and i wonder why.,

You have lost 83 pounds, seems like your mind should let your eyes see what a difference that is. Why doesn't it? Good question.

Great Job by the way

I would love to hear more on this. Because it does seem like something every one deals with. and i wonder why.' date='

You have lost 83 pounds, seems like your mind should let your eyes see what a difference that is. Why doesn't it? Good question.

Great Job by the way[/quote']

Thanks ladies for the response! Yeah It drives me crazy because I know that I have to be getting smaller. Like mami said when you get a smaller clothing size it feels great! I just hate looking at myself in the mirror cuz I seriously see myself the same as when I was 330! I'm trying to be patient and positive but it's just to the point where I'm getting depressed about it.. Which is no bueno lol.

I have had to fight this too. At certain angles I see myself as so much thinner and at others I feel so fat LOL. I have actually made myself stand naked in front of the mirror and see the positive. I have made myself acknowledge the postive changes and verbalize it. I know it sounds weird but it was helpful. There are many positive changes and yes many negative things too but I made myself focus on the positive. I wish I wish I had taken a nude picture of me in the mirror for me to see the changes, but of course I would never do that, but the changes would be amazing!! I am still in an 18 and XL but I started at 24/26 and 2X and 3X clothes, so what a massive feat. I know many of you are in size 18 and weigh 30 to 40 pounds more than I do but we can not compare ourselves. That is what we do that is so painful and damaging to ourselves. So go stand in front of a mirror and honestly notice the positive, ignore that negative voice and you will be amazed at what you see. For example: I have no more fat rolls!! It is now one big stomach but what a change to recognize and get credit for! Is it as small as I want, heck no, but it might never be, but it is tons better than before and so YAY!!

I will sit in the car and just look at my face and my neck and go WOW! I feel silly when I get caught doing it, but I still feel like I am a stranger in the mirror and I need to connect with that person and accept that it is me and be proud of me! I can see my shoulder blades, wow! So many positive changes that there is no reason to focus on the negative. Soak up those positive comments, because you know before you would have soaked up and internalized all those nasty negative ones and believed them, so now soak up and believe all the positive ones you are currently getting and the many many more you will be getting later, you deserve it Dang it!!

I can relate ellie

I find myself in awe of how I've changed. I am a visual person and need to see it that's why I sucked at diets I would give up when I didn't see changes. So every Wednesday (my surgery day) I take a pic and when I want a good laugh I edit the pic to side by side and I can't believe my eyes! I'm glad I knew that about myself and the day I started my wls journey I took a pic and that was my highest medical record weight.

The day I started / last Wednesday

[ATTACH]1550[/ATTACH]

Surgery 7/25/12

post-22598-13813810615893_thumb.jpg

I can relate ellie

I find myself in awe of how I've changed. I am a visual person and need to see it that's why I sucked at diets I would give up when I didn't see changes. So every Wednesday (my surgery day) I take a pic and when I want a good laugh I edit the pic to side by side and I can't believe my eyes! I'm glad I knew that about myself and the day I started my wls journey I took a pic and that was my highest medical record weight.

post-22598-13813810615893_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]1550[/ATTACH]

Surgery 7/25/12

you are so beautiful and I am so glad you can see that. Awesome job,

you are so beautiful and I am so glad you can see that. Awesome job' date='[/quote']

Awww Vicki! I'm still working on self confidence... I would never put "I" and "beautiful" in the same sentence. Working on it, but genuinely grateful for your kind words. :)

Surgery 7/25/12

Justjenn keep up good work.....jessamarie, you should be proud of yourself, i hope you start seeing how wonderful everyone else sees you :)

great thread. Ellie hit the nail on the head. Some days I feel great and some days... its like Im still at 340. Then today I caught myself saying... ok 8 more pounds til onderland maybe then I will notice a difference... I have said this before... the mind can be our enemy.

I'll have to do that more often... Put side by side pictures together. I'm also going to see my psychologist again and see if it helps talking it out with her!

I have had to fight this too. At certain angles I see myself as so much thinner and at others I feel so fat LOL. I have actually made myself stand naked in front of the mirror and see the positive. I have made myself acknowledge the postive changes and verbalize it. I know it sounds weird but it was helpful. There are many positive changes and yes many negative things too but I made myself focus on the positive. I wish I wish I had taken a nude picture of me in the mirror for me to see the changes' date=' but of course I would never do that, but the changes would be amazing!! I am still in an 18 and XL but I started at 24/26 and 2X and 3X clothes, so what a massive feat. I know many of you are in size 18 and weigh 30 to 40 pounds more than I do but we can not compare ourselves. That is what we do that is so painful and damaging to ourselves. So go stand in front of a mirror and honestly notice the positive, ignore that negative voice and you will be amazed at what you see. For example: I have no more fat rolls!! It is now one big stomach but what a change to recognize and get credit for! Is it as small as I want, heck no, but it might never be, but it is tons better than before and so YAY!!

I will sit in the car and just look at my face and my neck and go WOW! I feel silly when I get caught doing it, but I still feel like I am a stranger in the mirror and I need to connect with that person and accept that it is me and be proud of me! I can see my shoulder blades, wow! So many positive changes that there is no reason to focus on the negative. Soak up those positive comments, because you know before you would have soaked up and internalized all those nasty negative ones and believed them, so now soak up and believe all the positive ones you are currently getting and the many many more you will be getting later, you deserve it Dang it!![/quote']

Love your comment. Gonna see my self nude today.

I can relate ellie

Surgery 7/25/12

You look great & we all did is that our mind us in shock & trying to catch up.

People around me notice my weight loss and I know my clothes do not fit, but when I look in the mirror, I just don't see it. :(. I don't know if I was expecting more, but I think because of my big boobs has not deflated it seems like everything is just about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk