Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anybody Made a List of Things You Want To Do After Weight Loss?

What sorts of things do you want to do, have, wear, etc. after you lose the weight? I'm thinking about starting a list for myself that I can look at when I get discouraged or begin to question what I'm about to do by getting banded. I know the obvious things like wear nice clothes, sit in seats more comfortably, but I want to know what other things you hope to do in the future. Some of my goals are to travel abroad and have the energy and strength to do a lot of walking, climbing, riding horses, camels, and elephants. I want to go to Europe, Egypt, and Africa. I want to go to Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon and be able to ride down to the bottom of the canyon. I want to wear ball gowns and learn how to do ballroom dancing. I'll have 8 months after I'm banded before I turn 50. I hope I can do something spectacular to Celebrate. I know I can't lose all my weight in 8 months, but it seems like I could lose enough that I could begin to be doing some of the things I've listed above. Please share your hopes and goals and give me more ideas to add to my list.:P

I want to go to Cedar Point! :P I haven't been since I was about 22 or 23. I love roller coasters and Cedar Point is THE coaster destination. I also want to hike to Machu Picchu, fly over the Nazca Lines, and go to the Galapagos Islands. But my biggest dream is to go to Antarctica and live/work on The Ice for a tour.

Hmm, I guess I'm more of a live my life now girl. Although I'm pretty much at goal weight, but no, I didnt have a list and I didnt have a "reward" for myself either. It wont be a big party when I do hit that 75kg, it will be a quiet personal satisfaction.

As for grooming, clothes, holidays etc - well within the sad reality of family budgets, lol, I was worth it when I was fat just as I am worth it now.

I wasnt happy with myself when I was fat but I was as happy with my life as I am now.

Excellent point, Jacqui. I also believe in wearing what I want and buying what I want now, but my list cannot be completed at a high weight. You must be a certain size to ride the coasters and fly in those tiny prop planes to distant places, and hiking in a jungle is tough enough when you are in shape, let alone when you are heavy.

I want to have more energy! I want to feel comfortable in my skin...this excess weight makes it hard to bend over and even uncomfortable to sit. I also want to mountain bike with my husband and son. Last year I went a few times but had to stop alot just to catch my breath. I want to be able to keep up with the pack and not hold anyone back....especially myself.

Faithmd I want to go to Cedar Point too!!! The last time I was there I was so close to not fitting on the coaster that I have been scared to go back. I know now there is no way i would fit since I am way bigger. I can't wait to get back there and ride!!!

As big as I was people look at me really funny ( which makes me giggle inside) when I tell them I used to own horses and was a barrel racer and poll bender. I have the trophies to prove it all tucked away in a trunk. I haven't been on a horse for a lifetime and would really like to ride again. I will think about it when I get down to wonderland. Basically I just want to do everything I want to do!

Faithmd I want to go to Cedar Point too!!! The last time I was there I was so close to not fitting on the coaster that I have been scared to go back. I know now there is no way i would fit since I am way bigger. I can't wait to get back there and ride!!!

The last time I was there I was about 220lbs and I had no problem on anything but I felt really tight on the Mean Streak (the big wood one in the back of the park), that was before Top Fuel or Millennium Force were built.

If anyone else is interested, here is Cedar Point's policy on "guests of exceptional size," I think it's pretty darned restrictive!

Guests of Exceptional Size

Safety is number one at Cedar Point. All passenger restraint systems, including lap bars, shoulder harnesses and seatbelts, must be positioned, fastened and tightened to allow guests to ride. We are required by the State of Ohio to enforce all manufacturer requirements.

Many amusement park rides have safety systems designed by the manufacturer to accommodate people of average physical stature and body proportion. These safety restraints may place restrictions on the ability of an individual to safely experience the ride. Extremely large or small individuals, people with casts, braces or prosthetic devices may not be safely accommodated by these systems. For example, height requirements are based on the size need for safety restraints to function properly and the level of maturity usually associated with a certain height.

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, men who exceed 6’2”, or those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40” waistline or 52” chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions so it is not possible to list exact size and weight.

<!-- NEW PAGE -->Our larger guests may experience difficulty on Blue Streak, Chaos, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Mantis, maXair, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster, Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister.

Maximum recommended weight limits are posted on Camp Snoopy rides, Chaos, Monster, Scrambler, Super Himalaya, Troika, Wave Swinger, RipCord and most Soak City attractions.

You may enter the ride via the exit to ensure the restraints function properly prior to waiting in line. We have test seats at maXair, Millennium Force, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

I have had a list in my head of things I want to do... I want to wear a 2 piece bathingsuit, take bellydancing lessons and learn how to shake it like Shakira.... I want to buy an outfit at abercrombie or hollister and not be glared at by the anorexic size 0 college bimbos... thats about it:)

Excellent Post!

I like this idea. I will for sure have to make a list.

Things that come to me first:

• When I reach goal weight I would like to buy a designer dress.
  • Would like to go someplace hot and sunny and wear a bathingsuit
  • would like to take more pictures with me in them and not try to hide behind people :)

I am doing one of the things on my list right now! At 60 pounds lost I tried out for a roller derby league and made it! I have 2 practices a week and man oh man are they grueling! But..... I can keep up and love every second of it!

My other goal is to have a baby and have the energy to keep up!