Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 10/5 and the doctor has me on 2 weeks of liquid. I blew it and had some cheese, chicken sausage from a casserole I made for my daughter. Not only do I feel like a failure but I don't know if what I ate could hurt the RNY. I just want to cry.

Don't be so hard on yourself. This is a huge adjustment and there is a lot to get used to. Stay strong and remember how bad you feel now to help you conquer it next time. A lot of id have had different diets both pre- and post- op so you should be fine with one little slip.

I had my surgery on 10/5 and the doctor has me on 2 weeks of liquid. I blew it and had some cheese' date=' chicken sausage from a casserole I made for my daughter. Not only do I feel like a failure but I don't know if what I ate could hurt the RNY. I just want to cry.[/quote']

My doctor told me if you have a craving its better to take a nibble now than to wait and end up eating more than what you should.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It is normal to have cravings. I'm almost 4mnths out and I still sneak a nibble here and there. I'm pretty sure 90% of us have at some point.

Thanks guys. I don't know what I would do with out this group.

No judging here, just don't let it derail you, don't dwell on it, move on, tomorrow is another day. You are human after all. I just think we have to not have the old mindset of "i blew it, I might as well do it some more" nope we can't do that. It will happen again. But again don't let it get you so down on yourself. Sending you so much positive thoughts.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It is normal to have cravings. I'm almost 4mnths out and I still sneak a nibble here and there. I'm pretty sure 90% of us have at some point.

Yes I'm also 4 months & I do have an occasional chocolate kiss but not an entire bag. Don't be hard on your self heck 2 weeks it's a long time if your not used to it.

Yes I'm also 4 months & I do have an occasional chocolate kiss but not an entire bag. Don't be hard on your self heck 2 weeks it's a long time if your not used to it.

Yep, I have a MEAN sweet tooth, but I haven't eaten an entire candy bar since surgery. I have a bite size something when I want something. And I move on from there.

Are the cravings still there even after 4 months to 4 years out? Sweet tooth is what got me to this place. I am hoping after the surgery I never put another piece a candy or cookie in my mouth????

Are the cravings still there even after 4 months to 4 years out? Sweet tooth is what got me to this place. I am hoping after the surgery I never put another piece a candy or cookie in my mouth?dc4e

I think it depends on the person and their will power as well

I am almost 3 months out and getting ready for a big bday party for my daughter this weekend.... Eeek! Yesterday I ate ONE kiss and ONE m&m not at the same time but during my time working on party stuff. I was the best chocolate ever! Lol I felt super guilty but then I realized I was happy with so little and never felt the need to eat the entire bag that I had access too.

Nibbles are ok get the craving out and get back on track. Sending hugs.

Surgery 7/25/12

No judging from me. I think we all have cravings. If I want a pieceof chocolate I have it. Not a whole bag or a whole bar.

Try not to have it around. I usually have to go out and get it making me either change my mind, or when I get to the store grab some grapes which is my go to snack.< /p>

But we can have to much of anything not just chocolate. I sometimes go overboard with grapes which is just as bad.

How about when you watch tv and you see some of those commericials and before your mouth would drool for the stuff, or you would get those rumblings and growls in your stomach because you wanted it. do you still get that pain? some commercials should be out lawed just saying

How about when you watch tv and you see some of those commericials and before your mouth would drool for the stuff' date=' or you would get those rumblings and growls in your stomach because you wanted it. do you still get that pain? some commercials should be out lawed just saying[/quote']

In the beginning it was tough to see the commercials, and tv shows that eat all the time, but then it dawned on me all those people are thin and there is no way to eat all that stuff and look that skinny.

Right after surgery I was in no mood for food, it really turned me off. As I started to heal and feel better I do get cravings (I'm 6 months post-op). If I feel like having something salty I will eat it, example a few potato chips, if I want something sweet I will have a cookie. Once I have that "taste" in my mouth I am satisfied, but that is me. Please be strong and use control, most of the time if I drank something while I was having a sweet craving it satisfied it. But everyone is different. I just don't want to see you get sick for eating something or too much of something your should not be having because it is awful when you get sick - believe me been there done that !!! I had to learn how to chew my food and when I did not chew enough...I got sick as a dog !!!