Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heavier Than I Look!

I'm scheduled for a RNY on 1/7 and I'm nervous! I have been overweight my entire life and it's hard to imagine myself smaller. I do see a concerning trend: I weigh 400 lbs, in 5'7, and I wear a 28/30..and they are big on me. Other women I see on the sight are usually 275-300 and wearing that size. Anam u just weird? I'm worried that my size won't go down until after I lose the first 100. Help!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I am 275 and I wear 22's. I am 5'8

Everyone body is so different and it depends on where you hold the extra weight. Some people are top heavy, others bottom etc. I've lost over 60 pounds, but have not had much change in the bra area :(

I'm right there with you, and have wondered the same thing. My highest was 389 in January and I was wearing 28/30 not so big on me... But I was comfy. I think height plays a big part. I'm 5'7'' and carry all my weight in front.

Surgery 7/25/12

I was 250 in a 22/24. Carried all my weight in my front. I'm new 167 size 14/16 still forint heavy but down from a 44dd to a 49d your body changes and shifts. It's a never ending process but so worth it

That makes sense. I definitely have a gut, but I'm "all around" big. Big legs, back boobs, big arms...the only thing not big on me are my boobs. Cruel joke Mother Nature..cruel joke lol

It also depends on how much muscle you have. Muscle weighs more than fat. I was 256 at 5'2, but most people would hce said I weighed about 200. I have lost alot of muscle and as an athlete that is bad, but part of this process. The great thing is that muscle you can regain an it will reshape your body. Remember we are all very different!

Yeah it definitely depends on body type and height that plays a role cause I'm 330 and I'm 5'5 and wear a size 20-24 cause I'm "all around" big too big bottom, thighs and belly and back roles but no tatas either lol the cruel joke here is my whole family are big busted (even the ones who weigh 100lbs) and me pretty much nothing there haha but I do agree my sister is like 250 and she wears the same size clothes I do but they are lose on her thighs. She's all belly and only 5' so def depends on all that

I know how you feel I'm 271 5 8 and I wear a 15. I am solid like a brick if cheese with waves in it. People can't believe how much I weight. I have co works saying why would you go for that surgery . I'm like seriously you don't know anything about my life or medial issues. i can't even imagine losing weight and what i would look like.

That makes sense. I definitely have a gut' date=' but I'm "all around" big. Big legs, back boobs, big arms...the only thing not big on me are my boobs. Cruel joke Mother Nature..cruel joke lol

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Lolz that was funny. You don't need that big it get annoying

I am curious about the boob loss. I had these big mamma jammas before I was overweight. So I hope I don't lose to much of them

I am curious about the boob loss. I had these big mamma jammas before I was overweight. So I hope I don't lose to much of them

I was the opposite. I have had big boobs all my life and I was hoping for a mutual agreement of parting ways. So far I have not lost cup size. I am ready to fit into normal shirt sizes.

I'm 254 and 18 20s are to big but I'm super top heavy I have not butt and legs I'm all belly boobs and arms

These pics are like the ones u dread anyone to see but I kept them to use for before a d after

post-16872-13813810588774_thumb.jpg

post-16872-13813810589369_thumb.jpg