Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 years ago I was 135/140 pounds. I wasn't fat looking. Everything but my butt & boobs were small. 3 kids later hit 211 highest weight.

Now I'm 139 I don't feel or look skinny & people are actually saying I'm skinny. I need 14 more pounds to lose to be at goal weight for my height 5foot & 125 is the weight for me.

I do feel sexy. Clothes fit better. I'm a size 12. I was a size 13 (15 years ago.) I feel big in the mirror not with clothes on. I feel good over all but I just don't see my self skinny. Slimmer yes.

Maybe it just takes time for our brains to catch up to what the mirror really says. Like me I can't remember a time I was skinny. I know I was bit growing up was always told I was fat. My heaviest before kids and I was already 4 months with first was 173. 5'8" I do remember being in 10-13 size clothes in high school

Maybe it just takes time for our brains to catch up to what the mirror really says. Like me I can't remember a time I was skinny. I know I was bit growing up was always told I was fat. My heaviest before kids and I was already 4 months with first was 173. 5'8" I do remember being in 10-13 size clothes in high school

Yeah my therapist told me I will never be skinny. What a bummer. :(

Yeah my therapist told me I will never be skinny. What a bummer. :(

Don't believe it when people say you will never be what you are hoping for. Even a therapist! You are always much more than others speak over you!! Have faith that you will arrive at where you need to be skinny or not because you've come so far you are amazing.

Don't believe it when people say you will never be what you are hoping for. Even a therapist! You are always much more than others speak over you!! Have faith that you will arrive at where you need to be skinny or not because you've come so far you are amazing.

Thank you so much that makes me feel good. I have came this far. I think I should get the word skinny out of my head. I want to be 125 & healthly. I guess it's an expression saying skinny. I want to be slimmer that's my new word lmbo.

I think you look amazing!

We will never look like we did when we were teenagers and we have to come to terms with that. Our bodies change so much after children and sometimes where we carry our weight shifts. In my opinion you are already at a healthy weight and yes, you are damn sexy! You are doing great!

So what exactly is skinny? Does anyone now? Marilyn Monroe was a size 14, yet she was a goddess by most men's standards back in the day. Do we want to be anorexic or have the heroin look? I hope not. Sexy is good. Curves are good, and healthy is great!! But skinny? Why? And what is it? I personally would love to keep my boobs...lol!

I think you look amazing!

We will never look like we did when we were teenagers and we have to come to terms with that. Our bodies change so much after children and sometimes where we carry our weight shifts. In my opinion you are already at a healthy weight and yes' date=' you are damn sexy! You are doing great![/quote']

Thankyou I'm trying.

So what exactly is skinny? Does anyone now? Marilyn Monroe was a size 14' date=' yet she was a goddess by most men's standards back in the day. Do we want to be anorexic or have the heroin look? I hope not. Sexy is good. Curves are good, and healthy is great!! But skinny? Why? And what is it? I personally would love to keep my boobs...lol![/quote']

You know I was thinking about Marilyn Monroe yesterday saying she was a size 14 and was a very sexy woman. Men sure loved her. I guess I expect too much of my self. I have to accept I'm 33 years old not 18 and kids can do a number on your body but gotta love them lmbo.

15 years ago I was 135/140 pounds. I wasn't fat looking. Everything but my butt & boobs were small. 3 kids later hit 211 highest weight.

Now I'm 139 I don't feel or look skinny & people are actually saying I'm skinny. I need 14 more pounds to lose to be at goal weight for my height 5foot & 125 is the weight for me.

I do feel sexy. Clothes fit better. I'm a size 12. I was a size 13 (15 years ago.) I feel big in the mirror not with clothes on. I feel good over all but I just don't see my self skinny. Slimmer yes.

I think u are beautiful. Take that confidence u give the rest of us and know inside & out u are healthy and happy!

My RN said that the normal time frame for our minds to catch up to our bodies is about 2 years. She said no matter how many times she heard it and looked in the mirror she still felt big. She always caught herself looking for bigger clothes. Then one day about 2 years after her RNY she woke up and realized what everyone else had been telling her. It will come in time. Just listen to those close to you and remember what the scale says now compared to before.

The mind is such a hard thing to overcome. I still find myself going to the big girl section of the store or looking at 3x shirts to grab and go. It is hard when we have been big for so long. Words have such an impact... or at least on me they have. I was always the fat sister growing up, the fattest mom, the fat ... well you fill in the blank... so it takes time Im sure to erase all that. What I have learned over the last few months is that our bodies change so much faster then our minds can comprehend... I sure hope what bigwaugh is saying is true and that eventually we all see each other for what we have transformed into...

Omgosh! I'm dealing with this too... Everyone is telling how different I look, how much I've lost so far, where they notice my thinner parts, etc. I just say thank you. My brain can't wrap my mind around it. I will look in the mirror or even look at my shadow and I look different. 2 yrs sounds like a long time for my brain to catch up. But makes sense.

Surgery 7/25/12

I spent so many years looking at the fat me...post 3 babies. The body image stuff started long before that. In 7th grade I weighed 128 and was a 36c. I was struggling with the changes occurring with my body enough when the did the humiliating public class weigh in. Most of my classmates were still boyish in figure and weighed about 5-10 lbs less. I was told I was fat. I believed that. Now almost 6 months post-op sometimes I still hear that voice. When I look in the mirror I still see the 'fat' me, then I zip a pair a jeans (without sucking the gut in) that I haven't worn in over 10 years! And the voice that tells me I am good and successful and healthy starts to talk louder than the old voice.