Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SuperDaddy: Back to the Starting Line(?)

SuperDaddy that sounds like an excellent plan. So until Monday does that mean you will be getting in your exercise routine rolling aroung on the floor with the kids?

Have a great weekend.

In your signature, you quote Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

That is my "life verse". It gets me through some really rough stuff. You can do this with His help! Reading your story really touched me, and I felt compelled to let you know that you are in my prayers.

Kim

Thanks Travelgirl...that's been a favorite verse since I had to memorize it in 3rd grade! Another favorite that I cling to now is Psalms 37: 4-5

"Enjoy serving the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Depend on the Lord; trust him to to take care of you and he will".

I'm not a "prosperiety Gospel" guy (the notion that God makes you rich and happy just because you're a Christian)...that does not match up with what I've been taught or experienced. I do see so clearly that God promises to be faithful and to answer earnest prayers of people who put their trust in him.

Thanks for the kind words.

-Jon

Yes! Your "justify game" is the same idea as my perfectionism idea!

It all involves..."I might as well_____(fill in the blank)."

You've made a fresh start. Well done!

Thanks for this post. I am in the middle of reigning myself in since Christmas. Everything you wrote resonnates with me. Keep the faith.

:clap2:

well done for getting up and starting again some get it right first off, but so many of us struggle and remember God loves a battler and you'll get there but don't be hard on yourself if you stumble on something don't turn it into a mega feast, well that's what i have been trying and it seem's to help, good luck and don't forget to share your progress with us :)

Thanks, everybody! LBT friends ROCK!

Well...as I mentioned last email, I was needing to be realistic on what I would accomplish this past weekend with dieting. I did not overeat or gain weight...but the Snacks at my brother's house for Superbowl were less than healthy, and the last meal that was delivered from my church in honor of our baby Ella was a huge lasagna...double whammy! On top of that...we have near record lows in Minnesota, with windchills hovering around 40 degrees below zero (yup...that would be a full 72 degrees below freezing!). So I did not get out with the family to do much exercise. Hmm...sounds like I can still dish out the excuses!

But....here's Monday, the day I said would be my real Day One! I guess I have no more excuses, huh? The meals that have been coming from church are done (I few meals in the freezer left, but they are actually just main dish Proteins...so those will work into the diet fine.) No major Holidays after Superbowl until Easter. And for the first time in a long while, I believe the desires of my heart to be well can overcome the terrible habits of my head. Actually, Easter coincides with my Spring break. We're not leaving the frozen tundra for anywhere in particular this year with a newborn....but that is 8 weeks away...and a great timing benchmark for me. How much can I accomplish in those 8 weeks? How many new habits and goals can I make stick? Today I am drinking my Water, I MEASURED my lunch, and I have my gym bag for afterschool. Tonight I'm going to go to bed at a human time, and I'm not going to eat after dinner. Lord, give me the strength to accept nothing less than a transformation!

Hey...where could you dream of being in this journey in 8 weeks? I'll make a deal with any of you....you mail me your name, and a goal that is realistic for you, however big or small. I will put your name and goal on a piece of paper in my Bible, and I will pray for you every day for 8 weeks. And I will humbly ask the same of you for me. Any takers?

Day One for me. Today I'm going to do this thing for my kids. They need a Daddy around for a long, long time.

Strength and Grace to you-

Jon

Hello there! I'm not banded yet, but I'm seeing the surgeon, dietician and psychiatrist tomorrow (Lord willing and weather permitting) then it will be waiting on insurance approval. Superdaddy, I will be here for you, if you'll be here for me. I, too, have a huge load to carry right now and I've been worried about getting the band and being successful. I have a saying on my computer at work that I can look at all the time.......it says, "Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm how big YOUR GOD is!" And the God who gives me strength to do all things is infinitely bigger that anything the devil can throw in our path. Satan's been trying to be a bully lately, and I've dusted off my pointy-toed devil-kickin' boots and I'm ready for battle. This is a great place to get encouragement. Thanks to all.

Hi!! My name is Audree and I was banded on Jan.5, 2007, so 1 month ago!!! I can't believe it went by so fast! I have also prayed for so many years for God to help me lose weight and keep it off. Not just for me, but for my family. Having a weight problem my whole life, dieting since I was 12 and now I am 33, had taken a toll. I want to be a happy and fun loving mother and wife, ready to take off to the park at a moments notice and run around in the grass. I was so tired of being sick and tired.

I didn't know how God was going to answer my prayer, but I would pray for healing from being addicted to food. I would diet, lose, binge, gain, diet, lose a few, binge, gain it all back over and over. I became obessesed with food and dieting where it was just taking too much space in my head. I wanted to be set free from this bondage.

Then one day a friend who was banded, suggested the band. I had never heard about it. I just knew if it was God's will, He'd provide the finances, since I was a self payer. He provided for everything, down to every last detail!!!! Everything has gone so smooth, very minimal pain and discomfort! I am a lower bmi bandster, started my journey at 190,, but I was on my Un-diet, so I was gaining fast and headed back into 200 land. I am glad I caught myself at 190!!!

God had been so good to me!! I have felt so much peace and joy!!! I am happy and for the first time in my whole life, I am not thinking about what diet am I going to do this week or what I should eat or not eat, all the while feeling deprived and moody! My poor husband has gone through every diet and the pain and disappointment with me! He deserves a medal! A hungry and dieting hormonal woman is not a fun and happy woman!!! This is what my husband says I looked like pre band:frusty: and that is how I felt!!!

I have lost 20.5 pounds so far, putting me at 169.5

My goal in 8 weeks is 15-20 more pounds, putting me at 150-155

My ultimate goal is 135ish by my 12th wedding anniversary July 1st.

I will also keep you in my daily devotion/prayer time!!!

PUSH - PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS!!!!

With all of us praying for each other, we are going to see some miraculous weight loss!!!!!

Thanks for letting me be a part of your journey!!!

Very refreshing thread!

God Bless!!!

Audree

Audree, Teresita, and Clickster...you go girls (I'm snapping my fingers in Z formation with as much vigor as a white heterosexual male can muster!;)

I am very encouraged daily to see others in the fray right alongside me. I have placed your names on a lil' piece of paper and I will keep my promise of prayer for you. I thank you so much for the same. I beileve that our best healthy days are soon coming! God answers prayer!

Go get 'em, bandsters!

Jon

superdaddy

good luck on getting back on the banded wagon. I'm sure u have the determination and courage to make it work for you this time . when it gets hard,Just look into your babies eyes and you will know why you are there

i wish you Good luck and strong will

take care

Loretta ;)