Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Am I Eating So Much?

At work and ppl brought in lunch and seriously I had a few sips of diet pepsi!! Omg!!! Pop?? Also half of pizza slice, and two small chicken wings!!! How am I still able to eat?! I stopped myself so I wouldn't be miserable. Anyone have days like this? This can't continue or I'll gain weight!!! Feeling so mad at myself.

How far out are you? I'm 6 months and can still only eat about max 5 bites and then can't eat anymore. Maybe go visit your nutritionist???

I'm 6 months out and can eat more then 5bites but haven't gone back to old habits Im afraid I will regress.

I am 3 months out and depending on the food i can eat about half of a cup. With other foods 5 bites and i feel so full. I always make sure i take time chewing i don't want to get food stuck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

i'm 3 weeks out and it seems that now i can't eat as much as i did right after surgery. it's like my pouch has all of a sudden shrunk up big time! oohhh boy does it hurt if i take one little bite too many! feels like an elephant is standing on my stomach/chest!!!

I am 5 months post op, I can eat 1 slice of pizza then I am extremely full. I don't eat the crust or anything, normally it would be like 4 slices. I totally watch the amount of food I am eating, what you ate is not much at all.

I am 3 months out and I can eat about 3/4 cup worth of food and depending on food sometimes more. My doctor said this is normal and expected and that everyone should begin to eat more as time goes on. Otherwise we would lose way too much weight for our health. I think the key is to eat correctly, which of course is the hard part especially if you don't dump to the bad stuff. I have not tried any of the bad stuff other than a few potato chips here and there and I refuse to feel guilty for having a few of them.

Just allow yourself a cheat day here and there and follow the rules the rest of the time. We all need some fun days, I do not think it is about complete denial but more about moderation. If you do not dump it will take you more will power, but honestly I think we all stop dumping at some point, or at least most of us will, so we have to take this time to work on learning new habits. Which can include eating fun food items once in awhile, just don't make it the mainstay of your diet.

Plus don't forget to exercise and get that Protein in.

Stop beating yourself up, be patient with yourself and do the best you can. But do avoid those bad foods as often as possible :)

Thank you everyone! Yes I do avoid this food as much as I can. I am 2 two weeks post op. There are times when I eat and feel sick and could puke. But then today was strange when I ate half of slice of pizza AND a couple chicken wings. The wings were tiny but I still felt horrible. I would've originally ate 3 slices plus the wings! At my two week appt I am definitely going to speak with my nutritionist. I don't want to slip up. I've lost 14lbs in one week and feel stuck already. I get half my Protein in. Could that be stopping my weight loss? Does the protein increase weight loss!?

I'm on soft food. They said anything a fork can go through. chicken and pizza a fork can go through. I am done with junk. You won't see another word from me about junk food. Clearly it got me here in the first place. I can't fail at this surgery it's my only hope. The results are far more worth it then a minute of tasting something good. Healthy foods can taste good too. I'm glad I had this talk with myself. Done with junk! Ahh

Might want to check with your dietician...for me fried foods still don't go easy. And pizza? Not a soft food on my list. chicken salad was, tuna salad, liver- that kinda thing. Carbs are also really not something we should be eating, unless there is a carb Protein combination like. Beans and rice. Protein and veggies for the most part, your secret to success.