Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm the last one left from the group! I must say I'm a bit frighten...the office just called and moved my time. I have to be to the hospital at 5:45 and surgery is scheduled for 7:45! thanks for the helpful tips...I'm about to head to the store to pick up after surgery items...shakes...bullets.those things..any suggestions for that list?

Get vegtable, chicken and/or beef broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles, Water bottles, crystal light power to add to your water, ice or make ice, Protein Shakes or Protein Powder, skim milk, Vitamin zero, Powerade zero, and drinks that have no calories. Thats great that they moved your surgery because then you get up go and don't have time to think about much. I'll be thinking of you :) Can't wait to hear about how everything went. I had lap band and was only in the hospital for a day

Hi, September members my date was 9/11/12. First how is every one doing? I think I am doing pretty good.But I just wanted to know how some of you have delt with Constipation, I drink at least 64 oz. a day i also do my popsicles. Yesterday I had a go about an 1 1/2 hour without drinking and today I paid dearly. How are you all dealing with this. Has anyone ate watermelon ?

Some inspiration for all of us!

Surgery 9/24/12 344

LOVE THIS!!!! We all should keep that mantra glued to our subconscious!

Well I can not sleep...today is my day and I believe Im the last one in our circle...yay for me I will have all of you to cheer me on..lol I am terrified of the pain but ready for the aftermath....I look forward to sitting on the loser bench with each of you...((hugs))

Best of luck to you! You are going to do great! Just keep your eyes focused on getting passed that first 48 hours with walking as much as you can and sipping Water after your swallow test! Congratulations on your new journey you're about to enter!

Well I can not sleep...today is my day and I believe Im the last one in our circle...yay for me I will have all of you to cheer me on..lol I am terrified of the pain but ready for the aftermath....I look forward to sitting on the loser bench with each of you...((hugs))

Yippie!!! You'll do fine! I'm excited for you and our group! Thoughts and prayers are with you, keep us posted! <3 ya...

Jessica

Hi' date=' September members my date was 9/11/12. First how is every one doing? I think I am doing pretty good.But I just wanted to know how some of you have delt with Constipation, I drink at least 64 oz. a day i also do my popsicles. Yesterday I had a go about an 1 1/2 hour without drinking and today I paid dearly. How are you all dealing with this. Has anyone ate watermelon ?[/quote']

Welcome... We are one big family here! I'm only 9 days post. I've not had to experience your problem yet. I've heard of some people talking Mirilax. Lactulose works great but you have to get it from your doc. Hope everything works out for ya!

Jessica

Hi' date=' September members my date was 9/11/12. First how is every one doing? I think I am doing pretty good.But I just wanted to know how some of you have delt with Constipation, I drink at least 64 oz. a day i also do my popsicles. Yesterday I had a go about an 1 1/2 hour without drinking and today I paid dearly. How are you all dealing with this. Has anyone ate watermelon ?[/quote']

Co lace rx from your Dr. I had to finally do an enema after 3 days of left sided pain and now I feel much better, I also switched Protein Drinks and all Vitamins to liquid. Hope you continue to do well..

You are going to be great and we will be waiting for you on the loser bench..prayer a and love

I've been home since yesterday by 4:30. Last night and this morning hurt the worst. I want to heal right now. Keep having to tell myself I made the right choice. Sure is hard. I get weepy and ask "why did I do this to myself?" I know it will get better. I felt do good at hospital I got to thinking' date=' "hey, it's not so bad!" Just seems to get worse. Wish I could sleep through the whole recovery. Ok, enough whining like a baby for now. I really am going to be fine. I sure wish the best to all of you![/quote']

I felt the same way.and of I see another food commercial I'm going to shoot the t.v. I still have pain and I still can sleep thru the night I get tired getting out of the shower. So I'm with ya on everything you say. Message me anytime you want to just vent..I'm here with all ears. We are all here. I hoPe you feel better. Please rest you body, its heals the mind. And yes you did this for the right reason have a beautiful day.

Hello everyone... Boy we've had our share of ups and downs' date=' September to remember indeed! At least everyone that had surgery came out alive! I've noticed that on this stage (full liquid) I have no limit. I mean I can drink or have pudding and not get full. I accidentally took more than a sip and did fine. I know liquids don't sit in your pouch like puree or regular food but I need a limit. I can eat four ounces of pudding right after drinking a large amount. I've experienced dumping already, not by choice. They gave me nsa yogurt in the hospital five days after surgery. Soooooo sick!

I was just wondering how everyone is doing with the amount they can take in? What about Protein? Required liquid intake?

Jessica[/quote']

My stupid self is now lactose intolerant.so away with the shakes I bought. Now I have GNC lean . Dr let me just let me start pureed food and I'm scared so I don't know what to eat..help... I do drink but little sip cuz I can feel then in my tummy. Crystal light Margarita..yummy...

Good luck and God bless.

I'm thinking of our last September Member :) WOW this month went by so fast!!! Congrats to all of us sitting on the losers bench!!! Some of us have it easier and some it hasn't been so easy but no matter what we know that we are here for each other at anytime and that is so helpful during the procedures we've had. Its not always easy but we keep our heads up high and stay possitive because we know the outcome of our losing journey! Thank you for being honest, helpful and inspirational!!! My prayers and thoughts are with each and everyone of you :)

Has anyone hurt just to the left of their belly button on the inside? I'm assuming it's where my intestines are stitched at the bottom. It's a burning pain. I called my surgeon's office and they said most people experience pain on the left side. Please help!!!

Jessica