Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other 9.75 cm bands out there??

I feel like I am the only one that got the smaller band. Please let me know that there are others out there and that you are doing well.

Sheila

I have the 9.75cm inamed lowprofile band that holds 4 cc's and I'm doing great. As I am typing this I'm in my hotel room in Cincinatti Ohio and am going for my 4th fill in the morning. I currently have 1.6cc's and have some restriction and lost 50 pounds the first 4 months but it's really slowed down. I know 4 people personally that have the smaller band. They usually use it for smaller patients with smalled belly fat. Your not the only one, lol. How are you doing?

I also have a small band, I had surgery in 01/05 but I have lost very slow especially because I got pregnant half way to reaching my goal. I started at 243.4 and I am now 179, my baby is 9 months old.

I also have a 9.75. Like Sherrijo my first fifty went real fast. The next ten real slow and now the last nine or ten very slow but I know I will make it.

I am now at 1.8cc. Was at 2 but had to have a little taken out and now after almost three weeks feel as I need a little more in.Good luck to you.:D

I have the small band too. I haven't had a fill yet but think I may be needing one soon. I hope it keeps working for me. Good luck.

I have the 9.75cm band. I currently have 2 ccs in it. I was up to 2.4 but was having problems with chicken and meats and unfilled back to 2, where I have been for months now. I am over a year out and lost the first 50 lbs pretty easy. The closer I get to goal the slower it is coming off...but is still coming off.

I have the small band too, but unlike Sherrijo, I was all belly (well, not all, but you know what I mean)

I have been at (and under now) goal for about 6 months. It can be done.

So is the 4cc band and the 9.75cm band the same thing? I was told I had the 4cc band????? Was just banded a week and a half ago and don't have my first fill till the end of February. My belly is anything but small and I have well over 100 pounds to lose so just wondering. Thanks!

So, now I'm wondering why they would give me this particular band if it's usually for smaller bellies. I'm over 300 pounds so I shouldn't fall in that category......Anyone got any ideas?!?!?

Oh, and just pointing out of the fun of it, it does not matter how big, or "fat" (I loathe that word) your belly is. It is the size of your stomach that matters. Usually the surgeon will make his/her choice on what band to use on you when they are inside, having look at your insides.

Big bands, little bands, new AP bands, it does not matter. We will all lose in the end.

So, now I'm wondering why they would give me this particular band if it's usually for smaller bellies. I'm over 300 pounds so I shouldn't fall in that category......Anyone got any ideas?!?!?

It's the size of your stomach, not your weight, or the size of your waist that determines what band your surgeon uses.

My waist was massive when I was banded, and I got a "little" band (I too started out at almost 300lbs)

I have the small band - I have 3cc in mine and I STILL dont have good restriction - its restricted me enough to get me down to 5kg or so from goal but I just cant shift that last bit. But to have got so far without PB's and still being able to eat any food, I just dont think I want any more fill in it. Its like tempting fate.

I exercise like crazy though so that's made up for my large food intake - in bandster terms, I still eat way less than I used to!

I have the small band and its done nothing for me for weight loss but i now know that nothing will unless i starve myself and i'm not willing to do that. i have restriction and after over one year i eat such small amounts and eat slower and chew well - all things i know i wouldnt do without the band. i'm also maintaining my weight with not too much effort although i have to keep my calories around 1200 to do that. it is easy to go over that with alcohol and treats and when i feel depressed of my failure i do that but i can usually get past that awful failure feeling and get back on track. The band to me is a diet for life tool - it's shown me all my bad habits and forced me to change. My body refuses to give up weight and i'm learning to accpet that this will be my size for life.