Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day one of my 10 day liquid diet, and I'm starving! Goodness, I hope it gets a little easier. I'm looking forward to my surgery the 20th. :-)

The liquid diet is very hard! My surgeon told me I could put soups/soft foods in a blender to help curb my appetite... It helped a lot! good luck!

Thanks! I'm still a few months pre-surgery, hoping for end of September. Maybe the reality hasn't hit me yet.. I didn't do very well with my 6 months of Dietary counseling. I've gotten so fed up with diets, that i haven't taken this 100% serious YET. Doing my research & learning what to expect- but i might just be somewhat blind sided the day of surgery.

This may sound crazy, and correct me if i'm on the wrong course... but im likening this to a person in an accident.. they wake up in the hospital & maybe they've lost a limb... they need to do rehab & learn how to live their life in a different way.. being forced to. or refuse to & live a very unhappy life. i want to be the person who is determined to make the change, go with the 'rehab' and struggles, but come out in the long run a winner.

Today i don't feel like a winner, because I KNOW what to eat, what to avoid, what to buy, what to stay away from.. but.. do i do it? not everytime... but if i don't now...in September it will be a must!

I'm 48 next month, i have 3 grandsons; 5 months - 4 years old. i want the second 1/2 of my life to be healthy and happy..

Can i do this? I CAN...if i can get the mind set & take that first step...

this is more of a mind game than a weight loss problem!

What did YOU do, pre-surgery, when the reality of the seriousness of surgery hit you?

Dawn

post-21169-13813809833485_thumb.jpg

Well I am pre surgery and I have to say that I am trying to go liquid until that day and boost my vitiman intake, I am not requiered to have a liquid diet but what the heck it will all help in the long run.

I have bought all my foods for the first month, which isnt much and I have bought the minerals and vitimans that I will nedd

Well I am pre surgery and I have to say that I am trying to go liquid until that day and boost my vitiman intake' date=' I am not requiered to have a liquid diet but what the heck it will all help in the long run.

I have bought all my foods for the first month, which isnt much and I have bought the minerals and vitimans that I will nedd[/quote']

YOU GO GIRL! Now THAT is planning & preparing!

BirdAlert, Follow your gut! I also did not do well with my prediet. Only lost about 12 lbs in a year. I just kept putting it off. I did the 10 day liquid diet but struggled with it so much that I considered giving up. In fact some people on another forum when they read a post I put out about struggling suggested that I wasn't committed and should probably wait until I was ready. I am so glad I did not listen to them! I had my surgery on July 2nd. I weighed 248 on the day of surgery and 235 this morning. I am doing great. I am drinking my Protein, eating a little (of the right things), walking every day, not nauseous, haven't thrown up, pooping regularly (tmi?) and very, very happy that I did this. You are going to do fine!

BirdAlert' date=' Follow your gut! I also did not do well with my prediet. Only lost about 12 lbs in a year. I just kept putting it off. I did the 10 day liquid diet but struggled with it so much that I considered giving up. In fact some people on another forum when they read a post I put out about struggling suggested that I wasn't committed and should probably wait until I was ready. I am so glad I did not listen to them! I had my surgery on July 2nd. I weighed 248 on the day of surgery and 235 this morning. I am doing great. I am drinking my Protein, eating a little (of the right things), walking every day, not nauseous, haven't thrown up, pooping regularly (tmi?) and very, very happy that I did this. You are going to do fine![/quote']

Hopefully I do as well as you ! We have the same day of surgery weight :) cause I sure as hell have only lost 6 lbs since April :/ errrrg !!!

I'm on day 3 of my pre op. first day sucked but it's gotten a bit better. I'm on hmr800 and I can add some sugar free Gelatin and pudding to the shakes which makes a huge difference. My surgery is on 7/24

BirdAlert' date=' Follow your gut! I also did not do well with my prediet. Only lost about 12 lbs in a year. I just kept putting it off. I did the 10 day liquid diet but struggled with it so much that I considered giving up. In fact some people on another forum when they read a post I put out about struggling suggested that I wasn't committed and should probably wait until I was ready. I am so glad I did not listen to them! I had my surgery on July 2nd. I weighed 248 on the day of surgery and 235 this morning. I am doing great. I am drinking my Protein, eating a little (of the right things), walking every day, not nauseous, haven't thrown up, pooping regularly (tmi?) and very, very happy that I did this. You are going to do fine![/quote']

SO glad to hear you are doing good! I truly believe that once the surgery is done & the consequences are REAL & not nice; the weight starts to go.. the mood changes, the self confidence kicks in you can just run with it and don't look back!

I will need to be cautious about that lil' devil in me that says 'one bite won't hurt' - we may be doing a bit of scrappin' for awhile ( people will think I'm schizophrenic when I start arguing with myself)!

Just sitting down now to a Protein drink: Body Fortress pdr protein, 1 mango, 1 peach, 2 cups black cherry sparkling Water & ice. Yep, it's a blender full, I'll put most in the freezer for later.

(oh, my glass has 2 shots of rum. Is that a major no-no?). Remember.. I'm pre-surgery! And breaking into the program. I'm aware I must be alcohol-free 1 month before surgery, and 6 months after! How's everyone doing with that?

Oh, I called the Drs office today to schedule surgery! You all have encouraged me SO much, I don't want to wait till the end of September!