Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chest Pains?! Help:(

Hi,

I was banded on Jan 22nd, and I experienced TREMENDOUS GAS PAINS.

On day 3 after the banding, I took a soft laxative and a stool softener.

And here is what I look Like today! :)

It will eventually pass.

I suggest a soft laxative.

Hi Baby Cakes

I have heard of it, it jsut means that you may have a little more swelling than others, Apparently some of us also have slghtly bgger fat pads around the stomach than others so it takes less swelling to make you feel really tight. I have read about some people who are so swollen in the first few days they cant swallow anything!! but it does settle. Apparently when you are really tight lke ths immediately post op you are less likely to have the strong hunger pains that a lot of people have before they get to solids because you already have some restrction. Be patient, it will pass you are healing from major surgery and it will get better

I was just banded on Jan 26th... I was also having the chest pains.. shoulder pains... and back pains... I found this forum and my doctor is going to be glad... lol... The forum has answered alot of my questions..

Thanks !!1

Hi Baby Cakes

I have heard of it, it jsut means that you may have a little more swelling than others, Apparently some of us also have slghtly bgger fat pads around the stomach than others so it takes less swelling to make you feel really tight. I have read about some people who are so swollen in the first few days they cant swallow anything!! but it does settle. Apparently when you are really tight lke ths immediately post op you are less likely to have the strong hunger pains that a lot of people have before they get to solids because you already have some restrction. Be patient, it will pass you are healing from major surgery and it will get better

I have the same problem. I was banded on January 25th. and by Sunday I was in the hospital being treated for dehydration. My stomach swelled around my band. I had to have IV's for the last three days. I just got out of the hospital this morning. I'm taking Reglan and eating tums. Just eat really slow and try and get through it. My doctor swears that my band will loosen up in this next week. Otherwise, I have to go in and have some of the fat removed from around my band.

I'm trying to stay positive. It's all I can do for now.

Edie

The chest pains go away!!! :):D:D Even though it seems to last forever- and is very painful THEY GO AWAY lol after 6-9 days, it's wonderful. After alll of the chest pains go away i suggest you go for a chiropractic adjustment!!

I can see how age factors into weight loss. I lost before and for the next two weeks. I seem to be stuck.....probably ready for a fill. I was banded on Jan 19.

btk would this be your first fill. I was banded January 23, my first fill will be Feb 26 I am a little scared. Needles and I just dont go. My doctor told me not to worry about my weight till after my first fill. I am back to eating solids and he does expect I will gain some weight back since I do not have any limitations right now.

newlew07 yes, it will be my first fill. I found that I was eating ice cream and creamier Soups because I was hungery. I have sort of stayed put on the scales. Today I ate the first piece of chicken!!! I tried fish on Sunday evening and it was impossible to digest and get through. I think that eating more of the solids at lunch is the answer for me. Having only had a Slim Fast, there is more room! OOOOOH, it tased so good. Also I have been having a hard boiled egg (deviled or salad) and that is an easy way to get in the Protein. I am full and satisfied, finally.

I was also told that until I had my fill there was very little constriction to my stomach. I do feel stuffed when eating small amounts. I guess the swelling and gases have passed, though. Wonder what I will eat when I get the fill?

Take it easy....and keep in touch!

btk