Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello forum I'm 1 month post op and down 40 lbs .. I know it's awesome:) but is it normal to feel like that's all that I am going to loose, I feel like I cnt picture my self smaller, everyone tells me your gonna loose it it's all gonna come off, I'm excited I'm able to fit into old clothing that didn't fit that was at the back of the closet :)), but there's still that lil bit of denial in my head. I'd any of you go through that???

Absolutely! I went to a ladies' coffee/tea thing at 7am yesterday. I threw on a pre-op shirt and jeans, didn't think a thing about it. One of the gals, a really close friend, took me aside and told me about a lady who has been donating to our clothing ministry. She is several sizes smaller than I (was) and had just brought on a sack of gorgeous clothing, with my name on it. My friend Cheryl, who is also church secretary, told me about it an advised me to "take the bag....NOW!" LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Hello forum I'm 1 month post op and down 40 lbs .. I know it's awesome:) but is it normal to feel like that's all that I am going to loose, I feel like I cnt picture my self smaller, everyone tells me your gonna loose it it's all gonna come off, I'm excited I'm able to fit into old clothing that didn't fit that was at the back of the closet :)), but there's still that lil bit of denial in my head. I'd any of you go through that???

Believe it or not I feel like that and I'm 12 days post up. Lost 15lbs before surgery & then 15lbs after surgery,and the scale froze,and now I'm like WTF no more!!! So disappointing.

It's our minds ... I fell the the same way . We have to believe we're gonna be skinny and healthy because WE DESERVE IT!!!!!!

I agree with ya John. Im down over 50 lbs now and the last week I've been losing roughly one lb a day. I keep thinking its going to stop and this is the skinniest I'll be. I did have a week where I lost nothing! Every day it's constantly on my mind how much will I be able to lose. I guess because I had Lapband and had so many issues, I never got to my goal. I am so determined this time not to fail!

I guess we all just have to keep moving forward and be confident in ourselves! We will make our goals if we want it bad enough!!

Absolutely! I went to a ladies' coffee/tea thing at 7am yesterday. I threw on a pre-op shirt and jeans' date=' didn't think a thing about it. One of the gals, a really close friend, took me aside and told me about a lady who has been donating to our clothing ministry. She is several sizes smaller than I (was) and had just brought on a sack of gorgeous clothing, with my name on it. My friend Cheryl, who is also church secretary, told me about it an advised me to "take the bag....NOW!" LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

LOL....you story makes me smile.

My surgery was April 30 and I have only lost 20 lb and my scale has stopped moving I know what u mean I feel so discouraged :-(

I feel the same way. I had surgery jan 3 2012. I'm down 80 lbs but I feel like I should have lost more. I only lost 9 lbs last month. On a brighter note I am now 199. I have not been under 200 in years

I feel the same way. I had surgery jan 3 2012. I'm down 80 lbs but I feel like I should have lost more. I only lost 9 lbs last month. On a brighter note I am now 199. I have not been under 200 in years

Congrats on ur weight loss!

it in our minds it will come off i had the lapband now im 1 week post opt for rny so it is a new feeling the band i never felt full now i do so that is great so we will see how it goes congrats on all of yalls weight loss

I think most of us in the RNY club have a long history of unsuccessful attempts to lose weight and keep it off. Whether you call it conditioning or nerves or whatever, it's perfectly normal to have some misgivings. Like many have seen me say before - focus on following the protocol and the weight will take care of itself. Sometimes you lose very quickly, other times it slows down and sometimes you go through a period of not losing at all. It's all part of the process. Hang in there! Follow the protocol. Stay away from the scales for a week or two. You're gonna love the new you!!

It's hard to believe that weight will continue to come off but it does. I had my surgery 15 months ago and never thought I would get here. Working out and getting fit has helped not only physically but emotionally as well.

2nd that!!

Your doing great and actually u have lost a lot for a short time. U don't want it much faster BC then comes loose skin. Make sure if doc approved to use weights.