Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I know this a personal question but I need to find out if this is normal. I had my gallbladder and the rny done about 3 weeks ago. I haven't had a solid bowel since. I can go 3-5 a day. Doctor said it was ok but it's so embarrassing!! Thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I have not had the bypass surgery yet but two years ago I had the gull bladder out and it took months before they we "normal" its my our body adjusting

I had my surgery June 5 and I have not had any type of bowel movement, loose or solid, should I be concerned?

Hi all' date=' I know this a personal question but I need to find out if this is normal. I had my gallbladder and the rny done about 3 weeks ago. I haven't had a solid bowel since. I can go 3-5 a day. Doctor said it was ok but it's so embarrassing!! Thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I had the same two procedures together and yes! Loose stools is very common. They say it can take 6 months before things calm down. I stay away from anything high in sugar or fat because it will make you dump and that is embarrassing (mostly because of the gas). Both surgeries can cause dumping syndrome so we get a double whammy. It does get better, lots better! They can also give u something to sprinkle on your food to help. It does get better, I promise!

The nurse told me if you do nit have a bm within 4 days then take Miralax

I talked to nurse today she told me to try milk of magnesia and if that doesn't work don't be to worried just means my body is using everything. If I get uncomfortable then be more aggressive, bit I don't feel like I have to go, so I guess that's good!

Jen...I had the same problem. I had my surgery on 6/6 and couldn't poop. I was told yesterday to drink some miralax or milk of magnesia and I did. I was successful. Funny how pooping makes you happy at our age. Lol

Jen...I had the same problem. I had my surgery on 6/6 and couldn't poop. I was told yesterday to drink some miralax or milk of magnesia and I did. I was successful. Funny how pooping makes you happy at our age. Lol

Funny huh, I did the milk last might and within two hrs I went, not much but something!! Hoped LMAO!!!

I did the Miralax today and was able to go again. I get so excited now about pooping. Lol

Wait till you get a little older. It becomes very important then. LOL

Thanks everyone for your responses! So from the responses it's either loose or Constipation. Both of them are unpleasant. I called the doctor today to figure out something. I am doing idomimum D and it's not touching it. I go back to work on the 25th I just want it on control by then. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I was doing great , pooping everyday for the whole week after surgery. Then I started the pureed diet and I had not gone in 4 days. My husband convinced me to try dolcolax around 1030 last night. Around 0130 I did go but, my god did it hurt, since I already have hemorrhoids! First thing this morning I called the doctors office and talked with the dietitian and the doctor. Apparently I was not drinking as much since I started eating food, so the doctor told me that I needed to eat half as much and drink twice as much to use tuck pads for the pain that have been iced. Also to use the miralax to help with the bowel movements. I have taken the miralax about an hour and half ago and just waiting! Oh one more thing, he told me to wait a few days to take the gallbladder meds. I go for the next post-op visit in a week. I thought I was giving birth last night, horrible pain that I don't ever want again! I pray this is not what my future holds!

For what it's worth, I tend to have those problems, too. I bought Uncle Sam Cereal, and a half cup of that with some coffee, and I'm on the move again. It has both Fiber and Protein. You might try it. It worked for me.