Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Bandsters???

ok, so i started the beach today. and it went awsome! i had :

2boiled eggs

2pieces of roastbeef lunch meat

2 greek salads with feta cheese

1/2 porterhouse steak

that's it all day and i'm not hungry. but i am craving graham crackers. eating so good today even motivated me to get to the gym, i jogged 11/2 miles on the treadmill, about 40 minutes. 20 minutes of it at 4mph!! fast for me.

yes i am from december thread, but kind of got lost for a while in my slow weight loss times. but i'm glad to have started this with you guys!! can't wait for friday to weigh in!

I am just checking in. I haven’t exercised since Friday. I am putting together a walking group at work. We are going to walk on our lunch. I have been very good with my food intake. I don’t feel that I have a lot of restriction except in the morning. I am able to introduce regular foods to soft foods. This is what I have today:

Breakfast – ¾ of an egg salad, made with 2 eggs and 1 ½ tbls of mayo

Break – 1 12 oz cup of tea with Splenda

Lunch – 3 oz of Baked chicken, encrusted with parm cheese, 2 oz of peas

Dinner – 3 oz of Baked Chicken, 2 oz of Coleslaw (Homemade)

I am about to finish 64 oz of Water with a light flavoring of Crystal Light.

This is what I will be having tomorrow too. I have already made everything today so I can get some exercise in the morning.

I am “Making” time to exercise. :DIt is not fun..LOL!!!

I really need help. I am really discouraged. I am having trouble keeping off the 20 I lost during the liquid stage. I know it's harder to lose as we get older, but I didn't pay $10,000 to not lose. I am afraid to get another fill with the way food gets stuck. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am drinking over 64 oz of Water. I am looking forward to seeing my dr. at the end of the month. I hope he has some answers for me.

I plan to do a lot of cardio tomorrow morning because I don't have to be at work until 1pm.

I don't get it. lunch meat, feta cheese, and porterhouse steaks sound way high calorie. On South Beach (I don't know South Beach) can you eat any protien? I remember when I did the beginning of Atkins way back when I ate any Protein (lots of bacon) and initially lost weight but then not so much. i thought low fat was still the way to go regardess. I need education!

Denise-I've been there. What are you eating in a normal day?

the feta was low fat and only 2 tbl. spoons and i only ate the fillet part of the steak ( husband ate the rest) so that was about 6 oz. for the entire day i only had about 900 calories.

Do you guys think those items are too high? i've never done this before so i could use some insight.

today i've had

1 boiled egg

1chicken hotdog (only 90 calories in those)

1 package of tuna with 1tsp. ff mayo

4cups of Water so far

still have dinner to go and get 4 more cups of water in

exercise:

1hr. cardio blast at the gym, kicked my booty!! I can hardly walk now.

and i committed to go back to the gym with my friend in about 2 hours for treadmill and eliptical time, probablly 45mins.

13 more days to go on this phase 1!! yeahh. I can do this!!

I don't get it. lunch meat, feta cheese, and porterhouse steaks sound way high calorie. On South Beach (I don't know South Beach) can you eat any protien? I remember when I did the beginning of Atkins way back when I ate any Protein (lots of bacon) and initially lost weight but then not so much. i thought low fat was still the way to go regardess. I need education!

South Beach is a lower fat protein program, but you can have something higher in fat if in a crunch.

Normally I have a can of low carb slim fast for Breakfast. I do that because it's easy to mix the benefiber in there. I was really having problems with no Fiber in my diet.

For lunch I usually have a couple slices of low fat ham with about a teaspoon of (on each slice) low fat cream cheese rolled up. Yesterday I had about 3/4 of a cup of ground turkey with some BBQ Sauce on it. Sometimes for dinner I have a lean cusine or a WW meal with a protein and a veggie. I never buy the ones that have any carbs in them. In the evening I usually have a sugar free popsicle.

I always have at least 64 oz of Water. I have a 32 oz bottle that I fill twice and sometimes have a couple of extra glasses. I have to be careful not to drink too late cause if I get up in the middle of the night, I can't get back to sleep.

I lift weights and do 30 min on the elliptical machine and 15 min. on the treadmill almost every day. I take Mondays off because that's the day I work full time.

I feel like I should have lost something by now, beside the 20 I lost during the liquid stage. I had my first fill on 2-12, and haven't lost anything. It's discouraging. I hope when I get my next fill at the end of the month, something changes. I have 1 1/4 cc's in my 4C band.

Hello Everyone!!!

Denise it sounds like you are eating right. Have you spoken to a personal trainer? Maybe the exercise that you are doing is not getting your heart beat in that burning fat range. By doing the weights you are also building muscle. Are your clothes fitting different? Have you tried to vary your calories? I have heard that if you switch up your calorie intake every two days or so that may help.

<o:p> </o:p>

For anyone with questions about the food that can be eaten, the web site that I use is…

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/food_list.html

I am keeping track of my calories, carbs, fat and Protein along with trying to only eat foods on this list. Today this was my menu:

Breakfast – 1 egg with mayo and mustard

Lunch – 2 oz of chicken, 1 oz of peas, 1 oz of homemade coleslaw

Snacks – 1.5 oz of tuna, 1 slice of cheese, and 1 oz of coleslaw

Dinner – 3 slices of roast beef, 2 slices of salami, and 1 slice of cheese

<o:p> </o:p>

Total:

Calories: 916, Carbs: 43, Fat: 66.7, Protein: 46.2

I am going to the Doctors on Thursday for the "Official" weight in. :whoo:

(I do love my digital scale at home.) Who thought we would ever being saying that...

12 more days on phase one, so far so good. i would of never made it three days without simple carbs pre-band. I would have been weak and shaking. today i feel great, except my legs and butt are killing me due to cardio blast!!

i weighed this morning, scale hasn't budged! i know it's only been 3 days, but i was hoping for some weightloss these past 3 weeks since my second fill.

Denise-Are you getting in enough calories? A number of people have said that their weight loss slows with too few calories.... I would also think at this point you might be putting on muscle weight, which would be a good thing. If you're eating like that regularly, you might not need the next fill yet....but calling your Dr. and asking for advice might be the thing to do. Plateaus are a booger... I've heard of people shaking up the system by doing something outrageous, like eating Godiva chocolate... Maybe Dr. will have some ideas.

I wouldn't think I would be putting on muscle at this point because I have been doing this for the past 3 years. I joined the gym to try to lose weight, but never lost anything.

The gym does have a new trainer. I do plan on talking to her. I know you aren't supposed to do the same exercises forever but I don't know anything else, except for the machines I use.

I really need help. I am really discouraged. I am having trouble keeping off the 20 I lost during the liquid stage. I know it's harder to lose as we get older, but I didn't pay $10,000 to not lose. I am afraid to get another fill with the way food gets stuck. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am drinking over 64 oz of Water. I am looking forward to seeing my dr. at the end of the month. I hope he has some answers for me.

I plan to do a lot of cardio tomorrow morning because I don't have to be at work until 1pm.

The South Beach helped me keep it off and lose more. I also take a supplement that aids in weight loss. Now, if I could kick in the exercise!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

Denise it sounds like you are eating right. Have you spoken to a personal trainer? Maybe the exercise that you are doing is not getting your heart beat in that burning fat range. By doing the weights you are also building muscle. Are your clothes fitting different? Have you tried to vary your calories? I have heard that if you switch up your calorie intake every two days or so that may help.

<O:p> </O:p>

For anyone with questions about the food that can be eaten, the web site that I use is…

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/food_list.html

I am keeping track of my calories, carbs, fat and Protein along with trying to only eat foods on this list. Today this was my menu:

Breakfast – 1 egg with mayo and mustard

Lunch – 2 oz of chicken, 1 oz of peas, 1 oz of homemade coleslaw

Snacks – 1.5 oz of tuna, 1 slice of cheese, and 1 oz of coleslaw

Dinner – 3 slices of roast beef, 2 slices of salami, and 1 slice of cheese

<O:p> </O:p>

Total:

Calories: 916, Carbs: 43, Fat: 66.7, Protein: 46.2

I am going to the Doctors on Thursday for the "Official" weight in. :whoo:

(I do love my digital scale at home.) Who thought we would ever being saying that...

You are doing great!!!! The weight is gonna just fall right off the way you are going!!!!:clap2: :clap2:

12 more days on phase one, so far so good. i would of never made it three days without simple carbs pre-band. I would have been weak and shaking. today i feel great, except my legs and butt are killing me due to cardio blast!!

i weighed this morning, scale hasn't budged! i know it's only been 3 days, but i was hoping for some weightloss these past 3 weeks since my second fill.

You will probably weigh in and all of a sudden like 4 pound will have fallen off!!!

I still need to start working out!!! What is wrong with me!!!

I wouldn't think I would be putting on muscle at this point because I have been doing this for the past 3 years. I joined the gym to try to lose weight, but never lost anything.

The gym does have a new trainer. I do plan on talking to her. I know you aren't supposed to do the same exercises forever but I don't know anything else, except for the machines I use.

I had a trainer once for almost a year and I didn't really lose but toned up. The classes are good and the cycling kicks major butt!!!

I also switch up my calorie in take. One day high and the next low.