Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Bandsters???

Lapbandfan,

I gained 3 lbs last week. :)

I am doing better this week. I still eat too much. Hopefully my first fill will help some.

The good thing about tomorrow is that it's another day, right?

Hello, I am going to try SB again, I only did it for one day before and stopped, not because it was hard but because I was to lazy to figure out a menu and go to the store. I like reading everyones post you all inspire me to give it another try. Wish me luck and I am going to post again tonight what I ate.

Susan, thanks for your encouraging words. I have been on this journey long enough to know what to do to get back into focus and start losinig again, but depression is a factor hindering me right now. I am gonna try harder though, cause I did not come this far to start gaining!

I think me coming here to these boards daily will keep me focused and help me stay motivated and on tract.

South Beach does work as I have tried it before, I did really great on the plan yesterday, no carbs (phase 1) at all. This is the weekend which is always harder for me, as we go out to eat, etc. I WILL make wise SB diet food choices all day today.

Good luck on your journey and thanks again for responding.

Welcome!

I have been eating some things in moderation, but off the beach for a few days. I am getting a fill on Wednesday so I am going to get back on the beach 100%. I notice when I am not on the boards for support I don't do as well. I definitely have to check in here everday!!!

I have maintained my weight loss for the last 2 weeks and am happy about that. I know you can't just lose every week.

I also have been messing with my new Ipod too get it all ready for my new workout challenge!!!!

So, who's with me? I need your daily support to do this!!

Well day one went pretty good and I actually feel pretty good. Now on to day two, I'm going to take it one day at a time. I'm logging my food intake on fitday so it will help me compute everything.

Hey Baby what it your workout challenge? My son got me an IPod for Xmas and I love it. I've downloaded good songs to exercise to but have never started to exercise, go figure. Let me know and I'll do it also.

Welcome!

I have been eating some things in moderation, but off the beach for a few days. I am getting a fill on Wednesday so I am going to get back on the beach 100%. I notice when I am not on the boards for support I don't do as well. I definitely have to check in here everday!!!

I have maintained my weight loss for the last 2 weeks and am happy about that. I know you can't just lose every week.

I also have been messing with my new Ipod too get it all ready for my new workout challenge!!!!

So, who's with me? I need your daily support to do this!!

You go girl, I too, do so much better when I am on these boards daily. I started more faithfully on the South Beach diet Saturday, no carbs then or Sunday! My scales are down 2 pounds WOOHOO! Of course , this might be Water weight loss and I won't get too excited but hey it is still a loss! :(:)

I am here for you and will try to support you daily. Things will go better for you after your fill/adjustment. I am so impressed with your dedication to the exercise thing :clap2: . I need to do that and stay with it. :thumb:

We can do this, I know I can get over this plateau with all the support on this board. Love the South Beach plan as I am NEVER hungry on it. Let us be here for each other and support and motivate one another, K? :)

Well day one went pretty good and I actually feel pretty good. Now on to day two, I'm going to take it one day at a time. I'm logging my food intake on fitday so it will help me compute everything.

Hey Baby what it your workout challenge? My son got me an IPod for Xmas and I love it. I've downloaded good songs to exercise to but have never started to exercise, go figure. Let me know and I'll do it also.

I love my iPod and have still not gotten to workout with it yet. Crazy week!! But, I want to start a workout challenge for myself and anyone else who wants to join. I just thought that we could just choose to do 1 type of exercise a day, i give myself 5 choices to choose from. Then, be accountable to you guys.

You go girl, I too, do so much better when I am on these boards daily. I started more faithfully on the South Beach diet Saturday, no carbs then or Sunday! My scales are down 2 pounds WOOHOO! Of course , this might be Water weight loss and I won't get too excited but hey it is still a loss! :(:)

I am here for you and will try to support you daily. Things will go better for you after your fill/adjustment. I am so impressed with your dedication to the exercise thing :clap2: . I need to do that and stay with it. :thumb:

We can do this, I know I can get over this plateau with all the support on this board. Love the South Beach plan as I am NEVER hungry on it. Let us be here for each other and support and motivate one another, K? :)

Thanks!!!! The days I was not on here, I ate of the Beach!! :omg: I do so much better when I have someone to answer to. I have not lost weight for the last two weeks. I am hoping that the fill will get things moving again.

What are some of your favorite South Beach meal ideas???

Today I have eaten tuna, 20 almonds, 1 string cheese.< /p>

32 onces of crystal light

liquid vitmins, 1 Biotin and 1 quickslim30

Hello South Beachers, hope everyones day went well. Day 2 for me and it went great and I'm not hungry. And you'll never guess what I did today...durm roll please... I EXERCISED :clap2: 35 min on the treadmill and 15 min floor exercise. The reason I'm excited is because I have been telling myself for over a month ok when I get up tomorrow the first thing I'm going to do is exercise and I always talked myself out of it. My DS walked me through how to program a set song list on my IPod for when I exercise and you know what I couldn't believe that it went so fast. So in the morning when I get up I WILL be exercising.

BGB one of my favorite SB meals is salad with fresh turkey breast cut into strips grilled with olive oil and garlic, cantaloup and honey dew sliced in tiny pieces, one strip of bacon crumbled, 1 t. sesame seeds, and dressing that my mom makes with light mayo, vinegar and sweetner. It is so good and I'm satisfied when I get finished.

Hello South Beachers, hope everyones day went well. Day 2 for me and it went great and I'm not hungry. And you'll never guess what I did today...durm roll please... I EXERCISED :clap2: 35 min on the treadmill and 15 min floor exercise. The reason I'm excited is because I have been telling myself for over a month ok when I get up tomorrow the first thing I'm going to do is exercise and I always talked myself out of it. My DS walked me through how to program a set song list on my IPod for when I exercise and you know what I couldn't believe that it went so fast. So in the morning when I get up I WILL be exercising.

BGB one of my favorite SB meals is salad with fresh turkey breast cut into strips grilled with olive oil and garlic, cantaloup and honey dew sliced in tiny pieces, one strip of bacon crumbled, 1 t. sesame seeds, and dressing that my mom makes with light mayo, vinegar and sweetner. It is so good and I'm satisfied when I get finished.

I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I still have not re started and kept it up! I have done it for a few days, then not,then start, then stop. I have my Ipod programmed now and have no excuses!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!

I got my first fill yesterday and have to do 3 days of liquid. All is well and I don't feel hungry so far. I got 1.2 cc's.

How is everyone???

HI everyone,

Boy this has really been a very hard week for me. I knew it was a mistake to get a fill and then leave town to visit my dad who doesn't know I am banded. I just didn't have a choice in the matter. He is 88 and really needed me.

I will I could reply to everyone individually but I only get an hour on the computer at the library per day.

I am glad I am going home where it will be a lot easier to follow the bandster rules and not have to try to fool my father. I know from reading that there are some other people who choose not to tell family members. I am finding it really hard to eat in front of him.

I didn't realize that even with the first fill, I would have so many problems with food getting stuck. It's very painful and there isn't anything you can do about it. I am really in a learning process right now about which foods are band friendly and which are not.

I hope everyone's doing well this week.

Congratualtions on your fill, Audree. I got 1 1/2 cc's for my first fill. My band holds 5ccs. Do you know how many yours holds?

I don't think I am going to get another one for a good long while. They say when you lose more weight the band loosens up and I need to wait for that to happen. Right now every kind of meat I have tried gets stuck no matter how much I chew to mush. tomorrow I will be flying all day, so I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!:)

HI everyone,

Boy this has really been a very hard week for me. I knew it was a mistake to get a fill and then leave town to visit my dad who doesn't know I am banded. I just didn't have a choice in the matter. He is 88 and really needed me.

I will I could reply to everyone individually but I only get an hour on the computer at the library per day.

I am glad I am going home where it will be a lot easier to follow the bandster rules and not have to try to fool my father. I know from reading that there are some other people who choose not to tell family members. I am finding it really hard to eat in front of him.

I didn't realize that even with the first fill, I would have so many problems with food getting stuck. It's very painful and there isn't anything you can do about it. I am really in a learning process right now about which foods are band friendly and which are not.

I hope everyone's doing well this week.

Congratualtions on your fill, Audree. I got 1 1/2 cc's for my first fill. My band holds 5ccs. Do you know how many yours holds?

I don't think I am going to get another one for a good long while. They say when you lose more weight the band loosens up and I need to wait for that to happen. Right now every kind of meat I have tried gets stuck no matter how much I chew to mush. tomorrow I will be flying all day, so I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!:)

I have a 4cc band. I got 1.2 cc's and don't feel that much restriction, but feel less hungry.

But like this morning I had 4 slices of turkey bacon and 2 scrabled eggs no problem. And I am not chewing to mush either.

I hope a little more restriction kicks in.

Talk to you soon!!!