Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein drinks - GAG

I recommend the Slim-Fast Low Carb chocolate flavor. 20g Protein, very low carbs, no gas, no nasty texture, etc. I actually LIKE these. I drink one for breakfast while I am driving to work and it keeps me satisfied until lunchtime. Make sure you are getting the low-carb version. I am not fond of the other varieties.

I am addicted to Isopure chocolate, 50 g of protien per serving. I mix it with 8oz skim milk and 1/4 of a banana and ice - tastes like a milkshake.

I HATE most of the other Isopure mixes but chocolate is good. Their pre-mixed juice like protien drinks are not bad (40g of protien), great for post workout.

I drink the clear flavored Isopure form GNC but I doctor them up somewhat. I put a couple of slices of lime and some crushed strawberries in them with lots of crushed ice. It's similar to the strawberry limeade form Sonic.

I do the chocolate yummmmm..cant do the fruit..tho..geri:angry

I have some of the vanilla Isopure which I bought sicne it was on sale. It is pretty gross alone but I have been mixing in a scoop of Secure Meal Replacement (from HSN) in the coffee flavor which is delicious. It masks the protien taste in the isopure and adds a little more protien to it.

There are many very good Protein supplements (you need to use the ones made for bariatric patients not jocks and not off the grocery shelf...they usually have too much sugar, too many carbs for us)....just keep trying. My favorite is Micellar Milk....comes in a 4 pack....17 oz each, 40 gr protein.. It's creamy vanilla and tastes something like rice pudding....you can drink it straight cold or warm, mix it with coffee/tea, make pudding with it, make ice cream with it, put SF flavored syrups in it.....it's wonderful! I also like nectar Cappacino mixed into coffee, Matrix chocolate by itself ho or cold or mixed in coffee. They are all good enough to extinguish a Starbucks addition.....I promise!!

Thanks everyone for your help! I have ordered a variety pack from Bariatric Eating and going to give them all a try. I seem to be able to taste that icky Protein Powder taste no matter what I put in them, but will keep trying. I did try the GNC Pro Complex with 55 g. Protein and I couold take it, but as time went on I realized I was skipping my drink because I dreaded the taste. I don't drink coffee because it is so unhealthy. Apparently from this thread I learned that everyone has their own individual taste. so I'll just keep trying Thanks to all for your help.

Try Muscle Milk. GNC carries it, but you will go broke from them. So go to ebay and buy it. Lots of flavors, 20 to choose from. I by the powder, it lasts a while, helps kill your hunger also. You'll have to read the info., but,,, 60-80g. a day for a woman, and 80-100g. for a man. Good Luck.

Shirley...

I'm very allergic to dairy products (eyes swell shut, hives, and feel like I'm walking on golf balls, which I guess is hives on the soles of my feet), and there's something in the soy Protein drinks that makes me very itchy -- not hives, my skin and eyes just itch. I've been eating sardines almost every day to try to get my protein in. I'm not sure what else I can do. I was banded on 2/20/07 and have my first post-op appointment on 3/15/07.

you can eat foods that are high in protien poultry, fish, etc. and check out the muscle milk. it is Lactose Free. I buy the powder form from ebay,

and you mix it with Water. You might want to go on ebay, and ask the seller a question or two. "I would!" I get hives from medication combined with sun light, and I no it's miserable. You might even look into muscle milk light. It's lower in calories, but I think regular MM tastes better.

I deel with steelcity fitness if that helps. They will anser your questions.

By the way, it tastes pretty good too. Good Luck!, and welcome to lap band land..... Shirley...:girl_hug:

Pixcess-Call you doctor's office and ask to speak with the nutrtionist or get a referral to a dietitian. With your allergies, you don't want to make a mistake!