Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein drinks - GAG

Does anyone know of a good tasting Protein Drink. I am currently using instant Breakfast but my Dr has said to use soy milk as regular has too much lactose (sugar) So I am going to try that but I can't take icky tasting shakes. I've tried Curves shakes and I can barely get them down. CalGal once mentioned some she bought online. Any recommendations as Dr also says that I should only eat 1/4 cup per mealso nutrition becomes very important. Help! :phanvan

Does anyone know of a good tasting Protein drink. I am currently using instant Breakfast but my Dr has said to use soy milk as regular has too much lactose (sugar) So I am going to try that but I can't take icky tasting shakes. I've tried Curves shakes and I can barely get them down. CalGal once mentioned some she bought online. Any recommendations as Dr also says that I should only eat 1/4 cup per mealso nutrition becomes very important. Help! :phanvan

1/4 c per meal?????? That's way too little in my opinion. But, like you, I also cannot stand the texture of most Protein Shakes. But, I actually enjoy EAS CarbAdvantage shakes. They don't have that slimy texture that others have. You can find them in most grocery stores/pharmacies. They're pre-made, just open and drink. Perhaps you could give them a try?

I love my Protein Shakes and drink them every day ! I like the GNC whey Protein in chocolate caramel mixed with skim milk, ice and a squirt of Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. I also love a Designer whey chocolate shake with the powder, skim milk, ice, 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter , a banana . OMG it is yummy, filling for the whole day ( I drink 1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 for lunch). I also get the GNC strawberry Designer whey and add milk, ice and frozen sugar free strawberries or a banana. You can make almost all the protein powders taste great if you use your imagination and add fruits, Splenda, flavorings or even a tablespoon of sugar free pudding ! I always keep Achieve 1 bottled Cappuccino around for a quick boost. Also, make a chocolate shake and heat it up for a soothing hot chocolate if your band is tight. I cannot live without my yummy shakes ! A good belnder is an essential tool for bandsters .

ps........those canned pre-made shakes make me gag and are too thick for me and too sweet.

Lol, believe it or not it is entirely possible to be a very successful bandster without ever drinking Protein shakes!

I prefer to get my Protein from its original source, I never ever drink protein shakes. I hate them and they're too much a "processed" food for my liking.

Muscle Milk/Muscle Milk Light is fantastic. Go to ebay and enter one or the

other. Sometimes you can get a deel on them, but not to often.Check out the flavors,calories, protien, and then the price. Now go to a GNC, and see what they are chargeing for it. I buy mine from ebay all the time. Henry Ford Hospital recomended it,and the flavor is great. I won't buy

any thing else. It really is good stuff. A women should have between 60-80G.of Protien a day. If your not getting it, well,, you could begin to loose your hair. It will grow back, but who want's to see that happen.

So I drink a 8oz. shake a day. Today I had Cookies n cream. Shirley

For Low Carb - I like Atkins pre-mixed or Six Star Powder.

I also drink a liquid Protein called "new whey" that has 42 grams of Protein per tube of liquid. I have to cut the stuff with Water and add a couple of splenda packets - but then it's pretty drinkable. Not only do you get protein, you get some of your Water in, too. ***Orange is the best - maybe the only flavor for this stuff. I tried fruit punch. Not as good. I am afraid to try the others. :]

Good Luck!

I really like Unjury (ordered online)........... their strawberry is good and I really like the chocolate. I liked Hank's, but I've read that they have not been completely honest on their labels regarding the true amount of sugar, etc.

I enjoy my Protein drinks and look forward to them. They're my "treat". I use "Six Star" whey Protein isolate.

As a base, try "Carb Countdown" milk. I can't remember who makes it, but it has GREATLY reduced carbs, even fewer than soy milk.

Do they have anything that tastes like buttered popcorn? I don't usually like sweet drinks/foods at all (except a little ice cream now and then), and the idea of Protein drinks for the liquid stage is yucky to me, although I will do it if I have to. What other options for Liquid Protein are there for someone who likes savory flavors best?

I LOVE my "Matrix Simply Vanilla"...even my Mom likes it so much, she's having them too! Also, for a quick 25gs, you can buy the IDS New Whey Liquid Proteins. They taste EXACTLY like Jello. AND best part it's only 3 oz of liquid, so you really get alot of Protein in it! Vitamin Shoppe carries it.

Also, I bought a flavorless Protein powder that I've now mixed into everything from my milk to Soups. Can't even tell it's there - and it's 17g/scoop. Keep in mind, you don't want to have more than 40g of Protein per meal in powder form. From what I'm told it will be too hard to digest.