Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 15 days post op and have pain in my left side that started today. It hurts when i bend or sit. If im standing or walking it don't hurt as bad. It hurts into my back. Should i call a dr?

The same thing happened to me. The pain I was felling was like a splitting pain. I swore I had a muscle tearing in my side!

When I went for my two week check a couple days ago I complained about it and this is what I was told.

The left side is where they do all the major work, as you probably know from the size if your incision there.

The sutures they use there are much deeper than in your other incisions. I was told that the deep sutures are probably attached to the muscle there. What I was feeling was the suture tugging on the muscle. This made perfect sense to me but it still hurt!!

Just like you, I only get the pain when I'm sitting or bending. I used an ice pack and that seemed to help ALOT.

Definitely check with your doctor. That's an absolute no brainer, but just know you're not going through this alone. That pain scared me for sure, but it's starting to go away now. You and I had our surgeries a day apart I think. We're still healing so sometimes what we are feeling changes.

It hurt for the first week and stopped and started again today. It feels like i pulled a major muscle.

Exactly! I literally felt like I had split a muscle it hurt so bad! Mine was in my belly, near my navel. Try an ice pack if you can stand it.

In my case u was told as the sutures start to dissolve it will go away, but it seems a little better today. I just have to be very careful when I sit down or bend over.

Yeah, a doctor call is always best when you get worried. I hope you start feeling better soon! :)

Sounds like gas which I still get to this day and I'm 18 weeks out!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I called the dr and they said it could be where i was healing or gas. I have not had a bm in 5 days and i took milk of magnesia for 2 days and not helping.

I called the dr and they said it could be where i was healing or gas. I have not had a bm in 5 days and i took milk of magnesia for 2 days and not helping.

Did you tell them that when you called? You don't want to get yourself too backed up. You could also try a glycerin suppository or fleet enema if you feel really constipated.

Honestly, I think most of the pain I was experiencing in the second week was due to Constipation.

I told them I was constipated at my two week check and I got the response I seem to get a lot lately "Oh, that's normal"

It's funny, it used to be every time I complained about something, no matter what it was, they would tell me it was because of my weight.

Now I just keep getting told that I'm normal! Lol

I had the same pain - I hadn't had a BM for almost a week and a half. And, as soon as I went, the pain was gone. That same pain returned anytime I was backed up.

I also had some bleeding hemorroids as a result. I called the surgeon and they told me to take a stool softener. It helped some.

Bottom line is if you have any questions, you should always call your surgeon to be safe. I'm sure they are used to answering those questions. There are no stupid questions when it comes to your health. And, they were paid well to field those phone calls! ;)

I love that. They were paid well.