Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I figured I would just jump right in with everyone and tell my story :). (I’ll try to put it all in a nutshell!)

I have struggled with my weight most of my life. I hit my highest weight after having my daughter in 2007. I weighed in at 318 pounds. In 2008 I was able to get down to about 250 pounds and could not get any more weight off and opted for the LapBand surgery.

I got down to 220 pounds in April of 2010 and wasn’t able to get any more off when I got pregnant with my son. I had my son in December of 2010 and was up to nearly 280. I am currently at 260 now and after talking to my doctor, I have decided to go with a revision and have my LapBand removed and have RNY surgery.

I am also dealing with some gall stones as well so I will be having my gall bladder removed. After talking it over with my doctor, he is going to try and do it all in one surgery. So I will be having my LapBand removed, have my gall bladder taken out and if all goes well with those, he will perform the RNY right then. I am set to have surgery at the end of June. An exact date is not set in stone but I wanted to wait until my daughter is out of school so I had no worries about finding her a way to and from school. So sometime around June 21st-25th I will be having my surgery.

After talking it over with my hubby and my doctor, we feel this is the best route to take and after talking to my doc I am really surprised how much of the wrong information I was told about RNY, so I am happy to have a great doc who sat with me through all of my questions. So I am excited and scared about having the revision. Excited, because of obvious reasons that we all share, and scared for probably some of the same reasons. I am considered a failed lap band patient and that is something that is hard to take. The doctor did a good job of explaining to me that it wasn’t entirely my fault on why the lap band did not work out for me, that it just isn’t the right fit for some people. So, yeah, that is where I am at now. Very excited about the RNY in June and very scared at the same time.

Would love to talk to others who have had the revision from band to RNY to see how recovery was. I am an American living in Kuwait right now and unfortunately there aren’t really any support groups out here so I am hoping to find a nice home here and find the support that I need :).

I too am a failed lapband and no one wants to hear that! I have since decided that it wasn't the tool I needed to be completely successful. Definitely came to the right place. The stories of failed bands is plenty and you are not alone. Welcome and good luck!

Same here, I am a failed Lap Band patient. My Rny is this coming Monday. Good luck

failed lapband as well. I just got my rny surgery date....June 6th.

No more failures!

It definitely makes me feel better to not be alone in this. Of course I don't feel good that it didn't work out for others but it's comforting to know that it wasn't 100% me, if that makes any sense. Defnitely no more failures eglean2! :)

I hope everything turns out great. Oh no it's past 8am gotta run see you in the morning

I too am a failed Lapband patient; I revised to RNY on 4/17 and so far so good! I have to say this surgery was a good deal different for me as I haven't had the hunger I had with the band. I have to constantly remind myself to eat lol. Recovery has been ok for the most part as well and I'm already seeing some great results!

It's been quite the journey but I feel like I may be finally on my way.

I am or I was between 2 programs. The nutritionist I was seeing, on my last visit, tried to convince me the band was now working despite being unfilled and why would I want a revision?? I was slightly ticked since I have had weight gain, SEVERE reflux, dilatation and a slipped band. I was dumbstruck! Why would I change my mind now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! If I have to go back to school myself, I will teach myself what I need to know nutritionally speaking.

I just spoke to Asia . She forgot to tell me about getting an endoscopy done so now my surgery is cancelled for monday ,I'm meeting with the endo doc instead . So they're ginna do the surgery and endoscopy together on Wednesday . I'm a Lil bummed but I guess it can be worse !