Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Hi guys, so here is where I am at. Is this normal?

April 5th - Banded

May 25th - Firts Fill

June 8th - Second Fill

June 20th - third Fill - good restriction for 2 days

July 4th - forth fill - good restriction for 4 days

After the forth fill I felt good restriction for 4 or 5 days. I am restricted in the morning and can overeat at dinner.

I am losing a little wieght, PBing some when I overeat or do not chew well. I have lost about 2 pounds a week since the third fill. Is this normal? I plan on going for another fill, am I crazy?

I basically do not want to be able to eat at all or very very little.

Dave

First question is how much fill are you getting each time? I think this makes a difference as to how much restriction you are going to feel.

I feel the same way that you do about my band - I want to be able to eat very little... ever. The night time feeding frenzy is a killer. Even though we are probably not actually eating anything near what we would have otherwise it is this time of the day that is hindering the weight loss.

When you go to your doctor do you let him/her know how you feel about your band and what you want it to do? Many surgeons are stressing watching the amounts that you eat. This can be very frustrating to a person who has had the surgery. Many had the surgery so they would never have to here the word "diet" again. This has nothing to do with eating the proper foods it has to do with limiting the intake of any food at all. It is the reason I decided on the surgery. I mean I can eat food that is good for me all day... no, I mean I can eat it all day long. I think my problem was always eating too much of all food - good or bad. So the band would be perfect if it was restricted all the time.

I can tell you that you are not alone in your situation. So don't feel bad. I would keep getting your fills until you feel the restriction you desire and also talk to your doctor about your feelings on the band and what you are expecting. If you have disagreements with your doctor at least you will get them out in the open and resolved ASAP.

I have had 6 fills so far and I am only restricted up until noon. After that it is very hard to not want to eat everything in site. I started going to the gym about a month ago to try and get some extra pounds off but found I was adding pounds every week. This is normal when you start working out but it can mess with an overweight person's head. So I decided not to weigh again for another month - the beginning of August. But if I weigh again and have not lost any weight or have gained then I will go for another fill. I have over 8cc in my band now and will need another fill? I guess so... almost a year to the day of surgery I will still be looking for that elusive "sweet spot".

Keep going, we've gone through too much to stop now!

Like a few other guys, I've been lurking in here for a while too. My issue is pretty much the same as Dave (Dumpling). I was banded on 5/16, had my 2nd fill two weeks ago and am going in on Monday for #3. I can barely choke down Water in the mornings and can eat like a freakin' hog by 9 or 10 at night. Unfortunately, that's always been my worst time to overeat, so it's almost like I have a "part-time band." I went for about six weeks with no loss at all and have only lost about 4 lbs in the last week after adding coconut oil to my diet. Anyway, even with being able to eat so much more at night, I'm still only taking in around 900-1200 calories per day and eating very low-carb. I'm losing inches (down almost 2 pants sizes) and am off all insulin and other diabetes med, so I should be really happy. But I want to see the scale move. AARRGGHH!!

I too have a problem is low/no restriction. My next fill is going to be done in the hospital so that they can do the xray thing during and make sure I'm closed up well.

On another front, this morning I grabbed a pair of jeans out of the closet, and after I had them on and zipped I realized that they were much tighter than usual. I checked, and I had accidentally pulled out my old 40" waist jeans instead of my normal ones. I haven't fit in this this pair of jeans in years! Hurrah!

I did end up changing, looked a 10 lbs of sausage in a 5 lbs casing. But still, they buttoned and zipped. :rolleyes: :hat:

<p>Guys,</p> <p> </p> <p>I got my Band date today, it is July 31. I start my 10 day liquid diet this weekend. Pre-opt testing on the 25th. I can't wait and yet I am nervous too. </p> <p>This 10 day liquid diet looks tough. I did Optifast in the late eighties so maybe I will survive it. The doctor said I would be on a 600 cal diet until I loose about 75% of my weight. Never been on one quite like that before.</p> <p> </p> <p>The scales creaked out a 374 lb weight at the doctors office so I guess that will be my official start weight. Only 200 lbs to loose. Wow, I just noticed that is more than half of me!</p> <p> </p> <p>It's taken 7 months to get here, Rome was not built in a day I guess.</p> <p> </p> <p>Reading these postings has made me very confident regarding my decision to get this done and I thank all of you for sharing your experiences.</p> <p> </p> <p>Thanks, Chris45</p>

Guys,

I got my Band date today, it is July 31. I start my 10 day liquid diet this weekend. Pre-opt testing on the 25th. I can't wait and yet I am nervous too.

This 10 day liquid diet looks tough. I did Optifast in the late eighties so maybe I will survive it. The doctor said I would be on a 600 cal diet until I loose about 75% of my weight. Never been on one quite like that before.

The scales creaked out a 374 lb weight at the doctors office so I guess that will be my official start weight. Only 200 lbs to loose. Wow, I just noticed that is more than half of me!

It's taken 7 months to get here, Rome was not built in a day I guess.

Reading these postings has made be very confident regarding my decision to get this done and I thank all of you for sharing your experiences.

Thanks, Chris45

Congrats on your date ! If you have any questions feel free to ask away !

Hey Whats up I finally found an all guy thread. I going to be banded 07/23/07 I can't wait I have lost 10lbs on the 2 week prior diet. I can't wait to get started on my new life. Look forward to getting to know everyone. TTYL Bill

weight.png

:whoo:Start 271

pre-op weight 07/20/07

Banded 07/23/07

HEY GUYS

what is going on , I was banded on june 20th . One month ago yesterday. I lost 42lbs this month and have not had a fill yet. This band thing is really working for me. I have restriction so I think, Because I can not eat all I want . I am having no trouble at all with my menue. Everything seems to go down great but in small portions. That is what I like the best about the band . I can still be human but smaller portions is where it is at .

I go for my first fill on Aug. 8th . I don't know if he will fill that day or not because I am doing so well. But I say hell lets get this pary really started and fill me up so the pounds slid off !! ( i have a old hunting coat I would love to wear and it is a little tight ) So hopfully I will be sized right before november.

Larry

Pre 351 lbs

op day 342 lbs 6/20/07

today 311 lbs 7/22/07

HEY GUYS

what is going on , I was banded on june 20th . One month ago yesterday. I lost 42lbs this month and have not had a fill yet. This band thing is really working for me. I have restriction so I think, Because I can not eat all I want . I am having no trouble at all with my menue. Everything seems to go down great but in small portions. That is what I like the best about the band . I can still be human but smaller portions is where it is at .

I go for my first fill on Aug. 8th . I don't know if he will fill that day or not because I am doing so well. But I say hell lets get this pary really started and fill me up so the pounds slid off !! ( i have a old hunting coat I would love to wear and it is a little tight ) So hopfully I will be sized right before november.

Larry

Pre 351 lbs

op day 342 lbs 6/20/07

today 311 lbs 7/22/07

Congrats you Big Loser ! LOL :D :clap2:

Good luck tomorrow Cherokee!

I was banded Feb 19 of this year and -67 lbs later haven't regretted a minute of it.

Keep us posted.

:whoo::notagreeThanks, Well it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm getting ready to leave I'm alittle nervous but just about whats going to happen after not the surgery. I can't wait I'm so excited about the progress of my new life. I will be home tuesday. I will update when I get home. TTYL Bill

Hey all...just a quick note...about 12 hours from now I should be coming out of surgery and starting my new life. Many of you have inspired me with your success...my goal is to do the same for others. Take care and I'll drop a note in a few days.

All the best.

Bud

Hey all...just a quick note...about 12 hours from now I should be coming out of surgery and starting my new life. Many of you have inspired me with your success...my goal is to do the same for others. Take care and I'll drop a note in a few days.

All the best.

Bud

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: