Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

just a quick question, what was the top pant size you guys started at? Just out of curiosity how quickly did you drop as well. I started with "extra waste band" 56's. But only 1.5 week post op and can do plain 54 with no problems. in fact the others are sort of falling off.

Jonathan

Hey Jonathan, I started at a size 48 and now 46-44 on some, but I'm really just starting, only about a month out ...It will be nice to go to any store to buy pants....

It has been so long since I have seen a waist band size starting with a 4 that I will be thrilled to buy the first pair of 48's.

Did the pre-op visit today.. The surgery facility didn't take Am Ex, so they screwed me out of a billion sky miles. Surgery set to go at 8am next Friday.

Hey Jonathan, I started at a size 48 and now 46-44 on some, but I'm really just starting, only about a month out ...It will be nice to go to any store to buy pants....

Same with me, I was wearing a 48 now I can fit in 46 very well.

Newbie Tom here. Banded on 2-14. Down about 10. Mostly in the first week. My Doc seems very lenient compared to you all. Maybe thats why my weight is going off slow. I did get my first fill of only 1cc yesterday. I simply found that I had no restriction for the the first 3 weeks. Its kind of a catch 22 I assume before the fills. You have the band and yet your stomach really doesnt hold the food in the pouch without dropping it down fairly quickly. Therefore, I really was still hungry with only maybe a 30% decrease in appettite I guess. Besides slowing down and chewing more it was pretty much business as usual. Im not stupid. There are so many factors that play into amount and rate of loss. Food choices and exercise being the two biggest.

Here is my question for you guys that are a little further down the line. Up to this point, my only problems were eating fast or too much and getting the stuck sensation that kind of freaks you out. In all cases it passes rather quickly and you can literally feel it going below the band and relieving the pressure and everything feels normal again. Does it eventually get to the point where, assuming you are chewing to the right consistency, that the food sits in the pouch (although I'm sure it is slowly dropping through) and gives you the "full" or at least happily satisfied feeling? I mean, you dont want to block the stoma, yet you want to fill the pouch and have the "off" switch tripped.

Kind of rambling but I am pumped about this. I was real happy to get that fill only 3 weeks out. Hopefully gonna make this "tool" easier to use.

Great thread fellas. Since we are few in number its great that we can bounce around all related subjects instead of searching for a specific "thread" to address a topic. Keep up the good work!

Welcome Conman !!:clap2:

First off, how did you get your first fill at only 3weeks out?? :omg: The soonest that I ever heard of is 6week or longer, that's what the Dr.s recommend for you to heal up after the band surgery..I had my surgery 1/31/07 and my first fill is going to be next Tue. right about 6week out.

If your having PB / golf ball :woot: as they call it , you not chewing your food enough before you swallow it. It also sounds like you might be putting a little to much food in your mouth at a time...We all have to learn to take smaller bites and chew chew chew....(I'm still learning this too) its no fun to PB..:) Where did you get you banding done at??

Was snug in a 54 pre-surgery. Have gone down through 52, 50, 48 and am now wearing 46's comfortably now. I wear Dockers to work and will be very happy when I can purchase Dockers Classic Fit Pleated front (44 waist) for $29.95 instead of same model in Big & Tall (46 waist) for $36.95. Another of the many indignities of being a "fat boy". BTW, it's hard to find Dockers in big sizes online at any discount, but highly recommend www.gustwillers.com .

I've saved two pairs of 54's not because I ever expect to wear them again but because some day, I want to step into them and remember how freakin' huge I let my self become.

Onward, band of brothers.

Was snug in a 54 pre-surgery. Have gone down through 52, 50, 48 and am now wearing 46's comfortably now. I wear Dockers to work and will be very happy when I can purchase Dockers Classic Fit Pleated front (44 waist) for $29.95 instead of same model in Big & Tall (46 waist) for $36.95. Another of the many indignities of being a "fat boy". BTW, it's hard to find Dockers in big sizes online at any discount, but highly recommend www.gustwillers.com .

I've saved two pairs of 54's not because I ever expect to wear them again but because some day, I want to step into them and remember how freakin' huge I let my self become.

Onward, band of brothers.

Great job Bill! ANother thing I have found that I was reminded of on your post. I bought some pants several weeks ago. I always buy pleated work pants (business casual) because the pleats hide a lot. I accidentally bought flat front pants and didn't realize it until I was trying them on when I got home. They actually fit very nicely.

hi guys my weight was 289 when I started now I'm down to 252. I was banded Jan 19th 07. Never felt better. I haven't had a fill yet I told doc to hold off. I seem to get a good hold on my food if I don't drink after I eat. As long as I eat right I keep on loosin' 7weeks - 37 lbs!!!!!

hi guys my weight was 289 when I started now I'm down to 252. I was banded Jan 19th 07. Never felt better. I haven't had a fill yet I told doc to hold off. I seem to get a good hold on my food if I don't drink after I eat. As long as I eat right I keep on loosin' 7weeks - 37 lbs!!!!!

Thats great