Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VENTING: Here we go again.. did I make the right decision?

I would love to post a positive, nice post once in a while but at this time I apologize because all you guys have read from me are complaints and frustration. I am 5 weeks 3 days post op and boy have I had a rough time. At first of course its rough for most of us.. I started doing better and then during soft foods I became sick again. (Hint: my horrible gais pain post.. lol.. it really was bad!).. After going to the hospital and visiting with my Dr I was assured I would be fine.. 2 weeks later and I'm still here. In these two weeks I called/emailed my doctor constantly to see what else I could do. I pretty much ate just a few ounces of food a day and drank as little as I could to avoid throwing up like crazy. Of course dehydration happened again. I visited with my GI doctor who changed my medicine for acid reflux to something stronger and also got new nausea pills.. Didnt work. BUT at least he tried to help.. I called doctor, surgeon, and asked which doctor was I supposed to be seeing because I felt like I was being ignored and my GI doctor at least tried to help by giving me stronger meds but I felt the surgeon should be the one helping me figure out what's wrong with me. I had 4wks off from work and my doctor's nurse practitioner did not take my complaints seriously all this time until this week which is the the week I went back to work. So of course scheduling is crazy! I have a full time job and its hard to just leave everyone hanging at work and mess up everyone's schedule! They did blood wrk on Tuesday and I'm now sitting at the hospital again to have a swallow test done. My appointment was at 8am it is now 10:35am and I'm still waiting.. the doctor never faxed the order. I even had to go pick that up because they couldn't fax that to the hospital for me! I knew there would be possible complications, but I feel like I'm alone. My husband tries to understand, and like he says I did this for a greater good.. My PCOS got really bad and this could potentially help us, a lot! That's why I did it. I want a baby.. and plus I thought it could help me health wise.. I can't help but wonder if I made the right desicion. The other day I even told my husband "we should have just adopted.." and when I said that I felt like I had given up.. which is so not like me.. I wish I could be like all the lucky ones who have no problems at all.. I'm emotional, I feel very dissappointed, sad, angry at my dr, I'm hungry, thirsty, upset, tired, concerned, I didnt lose any weight last week, I have gained 2 lbs this week I have no idea why, and I'm even constipated, (I know, tmi.. sorry!), but even that is soo not me.. I used to go to the restroom so much! If this is the new me, I don't like it.. Thank you for letting me vent.. And sorry I vent so much.. lol..

If you can't vent here... where can you. I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time. Doctors can be real jerks. I wish I had something more helpful to say. At this point the last thing I would worry about is the 2 lbs you gained. The ONLY think I would worry about now... is feeling human again!!! I say call and kick and scream until someone listens.... Good luck and vent any time you want!

Vent away! It sounds like you have good reason to be upset! Especially with your surgeon. I hate it when the doctor won't follow up with his patients, and acts like his job is done once the surgery is over. My last surgeon actually gave me his home phone number to call if I had ANY problems! I was freaking shocked! It will get better and easier....for some people it just takes more time. I hope that there is nothing serious, I hope you get your answers today! I am sorry it has been so rough for you! :( good luck! ((((Hugs))))

Aww, I'm so sorry you're having it so rough. I hope they can figure out what's wrong with this swallow test. I sure hope things get better for you - I will say prayers for you(I hope that won't offend you).

I totally understand your frustration. I am just over 6 months post op and not until about 2 months ago did I really feel like I made the right choice. My surgeon was a complete a-hole and I changed doctors (haven't seen either of them since post op week 2). I thought I had a leak bc I was vomiting and had SEVERAL bowl movements that were ...just bad. But I got through it eventually. My only advice to you is to stick with it and know you made the right decision. When you are holding your new baby and know that you will live a long, healthy life with him/her, you will never ever question if you made the right decision! Good luck to you

Thank you so much everyone!! Prayers and good thoughts my way are much appreciated... FINALLY I got some kind of an answer... not from the surgeon but from the doctor that performed the test.. he said the valve from the esophagus to the stomach is not relaxing so food is just sitting there.. WOW! That explains EVERYTHING!! I havent googled any of this or the cure or anything but at least I got validated!! I hope my doctor is ashamed of ignoring me for so long when there's ckearly something wrong!! Again, thank you so much you guys!!