Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early August Late July Sleevers

I was sleeved August 5 and down 49 lbs - 16 pre-op and 33 post op. I started at 316 and am now down to 267. I realize all the posters who said appreciate your weight loss are right, so why can't I get that through my stubborn head. I stalled out at 280 and now again at 267 - everyone tells me "more protein", but I don't see where I can add it - after Breakfast, lunch, 1 snack and dinner, I'm stuffed - i'm still getting my Proteins in first and a little vegetables, but the scale still won't move - and yes, the clothes are fitting better - the inches are coming off, but why can't i quit fixating on the scale. I even moved it upstairs which worked for a little while, but now i find myself running up there to weigh myself. Misery must love company - hence, my post - any early august late july sleevers having the same trouble?

aug 5 here, down 30 so I can relate. I work in a cardiology office and the medical scale is right at the opening to my office so there is no way I can stop myself from weighing everyday. I am trying not to focus on the "what I haven't lost" and focus on the amount gone. I have only stalled once at the 3 week mark for 10 days. But the weight is very slow to come off. I don't wake up and have 5 gone ever! I jump at every .2 I see. And then grumble on the days I see a pound increase. I know for me that if I ramped up the exercise it would help, right now I am only walking. But walking waay more than I used to and farther. So its prob time to start on weights. I HATE exercise but I know what I have to do .

I was sleeved 7/29. I am down 35 pounds at 212 from 246 SW. I too weigh myself each day and leap at the smallest weight loss and grumble when I gain some back. I lost 25 in August and 10 in September. I am sick of not seeing big numbers so I am going to get my ass into interval training at a local boot camp type gym. I am starting this weekend.... Wish me luck. At least now I feel up to trying this, before at 246 I would not have been able to. So baby steps I guess!

Sleeved July 25. I've been losing pretty steadily. Not super speedy, but I'm happy enough. ;)

Are you drinking Protein too? I've had to remind myself (often) that there's no way I can eat all the Protein I need, and my surgeon says "forever" we need to drink about 60 grams-worth a day to add to what we can get through eating.

aug 5 here' date=' down 30 so I can relate. I work in a cardiology office and the medical scale is right at the opening to my office so there is no way I can stop myself from weighing everyday. I am trying not to focus on the "what I haven't lost" and focus on the amount gone. I have only stalled once at the 3 week mark for 10 days. But the weight is very slow to come off. I don't wake up and have 5 gone ever! I jump at every .2 I see. And then grumble on the days I see a pound increase. I know for me that if I ramped up the exercise it would help, right now I am only walking. But walking waay more than I used to and farther. So its prob time to start on weights. I HATE exercise but I know what I have to do .[/quote']

I agree Adargie - I also hate exercise and need to start the weights. I'm walking up to 2 miles a day and every week, I've said to myself - now it's time to start the weights, but haven't done it so far. Hopefully, next week will be the time. Yeah - I know about those .2s - lol

Sleeved July 25. I've been losing pretty steadily. Not super speedy' date=' but I'm happy enough. ;) Are you drinking Protein too? I've had to remind myself (often) that there's no way I can eat all the Protein I need, and my surgeon says "forever" we need to drink about 60 grams-worth a day to add to what we can get through eating.[/quote']

Yeah - now i just need to find a Protein Drink I can stand

I was sleeved August 12. My preop weight was 304. Day of surgery, 291. I am now at 260, so things are going well. I am not a big fan of excersizing, so I am worried I amy plateau. So happy I did this. I think this is reasonable, since I am down about 44 pounds! Good Luck!

Sleeved 7/26. Down a total of 64 lbs. 21 pre-op and 43 post-op. I am losing slow and steady but I am very happy with my progress so far.

I was sleeved July 29th. My start weight was 295. I lost 45 before surgery and 44 since the surgery for a total of 89 pounds. I did have a complication (leak and infection), which stalled my weight loss for a month, but since then I have had pretty steady weight loss. Some days I don't lose though. Best thing I ever did for myself and my family!