Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any new uk sleevers 2013

I I have surgery in the 9th of October 2013 in Gloucester and the threads in the uk forum seemed about a year old so thought I would start a new one ... Pre op going well and lost 11 kilo in 3 weeks on 800 calories a dY and had pre op tests today and was surprised I can still have 800 calories the day before .. What's your progress and how's it going .. Rich x

Hi. I'm in the UK too and up until this morning, I was having my band removed and a sleeve performed on 10/10. However, I've now decided to go for the bypass - same date, one day after you. Let me know how you go.

Hello uk sleever .. Will do and please keep me updated on how you get on too its nice to have someone going roughly down the same path as me ..what made you opt for the full bypass instead of just the sleeve ? .

I had been dead set on the sleeve but my mum had been sceptical, she knows I'm a grazer and sleeves aren't the best for that. I also have a band and we can be less successful with sleeves than those who just go straight for the sleeve (part mental, part mechanical seems to be the theory). But the thing that swung it was the data, there's 40 years' worth behind the bypass and my problem isn't losing the weight, I've done that over and over - my problem is keeping it off. I read people here talking about putting weight back on and there's only 5+ years data on the sleeve. On the Bypass forum which is exactly the same as this and just as helpful, there's actually a whole section on people who are going from sleeve to bypass - I can't do this again, this is my last shot so I'm going all the way :-)

Hi, I'm living in Dubai but am a Britt! I had my op back in The UK and I'm six weeks out. I have lost 2st 6lbs and I'm sooooo pleased! I was lucky I only had to do a low carb diet one week before my op and one day of liquids. I am on puréed foods and I am eating very healthily. I have been given eating plans by stages. I love my sleeve the best thing I have done. Good luck to you :-)

I have just read the post above mine. I didn't graze I just used to eat loads of food all of the time lol so the sleeve is good for me. The sleeve is a Tool and yes it can be abused, though I think you would have to be eating all of the wrong things continuously. We are never going to be able to eat loads in one sitting again. From what I have read some people gain some of the weight back, due to going back to old trigger foods and bad habits. Even little amounts of hight fat foods and foods high in sugar and bad carbs can have enormous amounts of calories in. I don't know that much about the bypass apart from you will always have to take supplements. Which is not the end of the world. I believe it is also a more complicated op.

Hi gojogo nice to hear from someone who has had the op as we have that to come and all the worry about ifs and buts .. Your weight loss is great and difference with the sleeve is it will keep going unlike the endless duets we have all done which as we now is always temporary weight loss ...

Oops diets not duets :)

Hi everyone, I've been seen by the consultant and he recommends a sleeve, although I'd set my mind on the bypass. The info I've read says that the sleeve is either very successful, or treated as a step towards the bypass, for people with complications (mine being a hernia) or too big for the bypass. I have taken so long to come to the stage where I am admitting to myself that no, I can't diet and keep it off. Having gone this far, researching the best options and then asking for, and fighting for, a procedure, now to be told that is not the best option for me. I'm partly upset, but reading others outcomes, resigned that it'll be ok, but then doctors know best, don't they? Can't wait to look, and be treated as a 'normal person'. I've been through the weigh ahead, nightmare, seen the consultant, waiting for my next appointment, to see the dietician and anesthetist. The consultant guesses that I'll have my op around end of March / early April time. Can't wait. Been Water workout to get fitness levels up, and increasing my walking, although I usually do my 10k steps a day anyway. Went to Zumba, what an experience, everyone dead skinny, and they all know the steps. After the class the instructor came up to me and asked for my phone number??? Then it clicked, poor soul needs educating??? I asked why do you need my number? She said I'll put you in touch with someone that helps me..... I've lost a stone....... My face must have given away what I was thinking, so, needless to say, I'll not be going back there.... mortified..... to make it worse, even though I'm overweight, my ears still work, the click of pretty little things at the front of the class had a great giggle...... One day my time will come, when I can go and exercise and enjoy it.

I have the sleeve and love it! It's 6 months and I have lost over 5 stone, the weight has slowed down but still coming off. I have been walking every day, up until recently and now have joined a Zumba class. I have only just got the confidence to be in a class and the walking was great. You can do as much as you can manage with out feeling anyone is judging you. Those people in the class you attended are small minded and insensitive. The Zumba class I attend is very friendly with all shapes and sizes. I still walk as I have grown to love it! Good luck and don't worried about those bitches you will have the last laugh:-)

Hi Jo

Keeping up with the Water Workout and walking, but having a look at Danceatomic (Drop it low), and when I pick up the pace I'll go to Danceatomic, The sleeve seems to be getting more popular, and hearing stories like yours is inspiring..... I must admit I'm allowing myself to start getting a bit excited now, rather than over thinking everything. Bit of a control freak really..... Your photos are fabulous, what a transformation...... you must be so pleased. Hopefully I will have the last laugh. Many thanks for your support, cheered me up no end X