Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I eating too much?

At 2 months out, I can eat 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. I'm full then. Does that sound like too much? I hope I'm not failing.

EDIT: It's turkey bacon! :)

Volume-wize, I can probably eat a cup of food. I think your two eggs and bacon would probably be about the same. Perhaps? My only suggestion is that if this is "real" bacon, maybe switch to turkey bacon. Granted, I don't know your total calories for the day, so maybe the real stuff fits in fine. :)

At about 14 months past surgery, I shoot for about 1000 calories a day. Some days, it might be a little more, other days, a little less.

Volume-wize, I can probably eat a cup of food. I think your two eggs and bacon would probably be about the same. Perhaps? My only suggestion is that if this is "real" bacon, maybe switch to turkey bacon. Granted, I don't know your total calories for the day, so maybe the real stuff fits in fine. :)

At about 14 months past surgery, I shoot for about 1000 calories a day. Some days, it might be a little more, other days, a little less.

I see. I shoot for about 600~800 calories a day. I meant turkey bacon.

It just seems like a lot to me. I just hope I'm doing alright. I should mention they're medium sized eggs.< /p>

I see. I shoot for about 600~800 calories a day. I meant turkey bacon.

It just seems like a lot to me. I just hope I'm doing alright. I should mention they're medium sized eggs.

Ask yourself if you are losing weight....Men can handle more calories then women and still lose at a faster pace...most of the time....Your eating Protein and that is excellent....For a man...600-800 calories are not enough...Your body will stall thinking it has to protect itself....up the anti...Eat more healthy calories and keep the Protein at the front of all your meals

I eat lousy during the day but I eat a good dinner every night...I have always had trouble eating Breakfast..Look and see if you love Breakfast and have trouble with other meals....

I really think you are not eating enough...your weight lose will slow down!!!

I eat lousy during the day but I eat a good dinner every night...I have always had trouble eating breakfast..Look and see if you love breakfast and have trouble with other meals....

I meant I can't eat very much..it is like my sleeve closes up and I can only eat 1/2 an egg and 1 slice bacon....if that..Not that I eat the wrong stuff...Most of the time I eat yogurt for breakfast...It sits well for me!

I am 8 weeks out. The other day I cooked 1 large scrambled egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon. I had to stop after half the egg and 1 slice plus 1 bite of the bacon. I don't seem to be able to hold much at all. Tonight I had 4 bites of spaghetti with meat sauce and 6 grapes. I feel almost too full all the time, but I don't seem to be losing very fast now. I walk at least 2.2 miles a day too, so I think I should be burning more than I'm taking in. Guys lose quicker than girls. That plus you're eating 2 medium eggs instead of 1 large one is probably the difference. I think you're doing okay. You could always ask your NUT.

I had my 10 day post op appt with surgeon on Thursday. I told him I could already eat a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and it didn't seem to be too a much. He told me not to worry about it. Everyone is different. He said the sleeve will not let you overeat. Obviously "slider" foods might be different. I expressed my fear that my stomach wasn't small enough. Lol. He told me that's a common fear. He assured me it was. :)