Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

I had 3 Oh Yeah Teail mix bars yesterday!! I feel ashamed, not enabled.

I want to hear someone further out say "you are not going to fail because of one or two bad days... I had some bad days too. You are not going to fail. Get back on the horse and do your best!" Otherwise I might say "What the hell!", then have 3 more.

Is a year out far enough to say that?

Then:

You are not going to fail because of one or two bad days... I had some bad days too. You are not going to fail. Get back on the horse and do your best!

Seriously though, bad days happen. We learn from them and move on!

And having things ONCE IN A WHILE is NOT going to sabotage you - it's good and healthy to indulge. That's not what got us here. Doing it all the time is what got us here. You want a cookie? Have one! But only one. If you can't stop at one, then don't have the cookie. I could say "it's that simple" - I COULD say that. But I'm not. Because it isn't. It isn't simple at all. I wish it were.

And here's a dirty little secret for ya: I'm eating boxed mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs ...

OH THE HORROR!!!!

:rolleyes::D:lol:B)

Do you teach us how to cook that on your new bariatric cooking show??? :P

Oooohhhh ... there's a thought ... LOL!

I told myself I would not jump in here again...

But I feel I must.

I must say there are parts about this thread that I personally find distressing too. Yes everyone here knows that I have an addiction to food that I am trying to deal with....

Apparently I'm one of the very few people that do around here.

I do not take pride in my moments of falling off the rails. Because it's not just a cookie!

For some of us. It's the meaning behind that cookie and the many more to come after that first one.

I know this is not entertaining and it might bore a few.

But as someone who is a bit further out I can say it gets harder.

I don't know maybe some of you started with very low bmi's and don't have that long of a road to travel? Or you truly don't like to much food and never had a real problem with it as some of you say?

We are all different I will give you that.

But in my heart of hearts I really feel that none of us got morbidly obese because we had a healthy relationship to food and just ate because we were truly hungry all the time..

Wow, such drama today. Can I make a suggestion? If you don't like a thread, don't read it. I feel like I'm being beaten about the head and shoulders for having fun once in a while. I know if I try to be a "perfect" sleeved person - tho I may give it my damn best shot every freaking day - I will not succeed. I'm still early days yet, but it is comforting to know that there is room for a very occasional slip up. I don't think anyone is advising that one has Oreos or cake or M&Ms or donuts every day. Are they?

I've spent a lot of time reading this site, old threads, new threads, FAQs, blogs, etc. (I have no life.) As a newbie, it helps me to know that small crashes happen but getting back on the bike and continuing to ride forward is infinitely doable.

OK. Back to reading.

I must say there are parts about this thread that I personally find distressing too. Yes everyone here knows that I have an addiction to food that I am trying to deal with....

Apparently I'm one of the very few people that do around here.

I do not take pride in my moments of falling off the rails. Because it's not just a cookie!

For some of us. It's the meaning behind that cookie and the many more to come after that first one.

I definitely have an addiction to food, but it helps me so much to know that one slip is not the end of the world. Maybe when I'm further out I'll have the same thoughts as you - that would not be a bad thing! - but for me now it helps to know that others can have a slip but not fall completely from the path of successful sleevedom.

LV, do you think is there no room for mistakes at all? I really need to know - because if so, then I do need to change how I learn and strive for that perfection I wrote about earlier.

LV - you're right. We didn't get here from eating half a lettuce leaf a day - and that is something I'm painfully aware of. Damn goats cheese...

It's a struggle. I struggle. We're all trying our best and some find it harder than others. In fact, I wholly expect to wake up in the morning, find this has all been a dream and my huge jeans go back to being as tight as hell. Thankfully, this won't happen now and I'm eternally grateful for this opportunity.

In the meantime and as I trudge my way through nutritional values, gagging on proper food and physically loathing the bottle of cod liver oil I have on my kitchen counter.... I want to have a bit of a laugh. I want to take my mind off the tedium and have a bit of fun with people who are sharing the same experience and having the same dramas as I am.

So on that note, I shall return to my kitchen and with utter longing, gaze at the last red-velvet cupcake my man thoughtfully left me with before he went on his travels. The SWINE!!! :)

Wow' date=' such drama today. Can I make a suggestion? If you don't like a thread, don't read it. I feel like I'm being beaten about the head and shoulders for having fun once in a while. I know if I try to be a "perfect" sleeved person - tho I may give it my damn best shot every freaking day - I will not succeed. I'm still early days yet, but it is comforting to know that there is room for a very occasional slip up. I don't think anyone is advising that one has Oreos or cake or M&Ms or donuts every day. Are they? I've spent a lot of time reading this site, old threads, new threads, FAQs, blogs, etc. (I have no life.) As a newbie, it helps me to know that small crashes happen but getting back on the bike and continuing to ride forward is infinitely doable. OK. Back to reading.[/quote']

I can just pass the stuff by that I don't like or don't agree with. Or chose not to provide information that might help someone.

But as a member of this forum that has a little bit more experience I feel it important sometimes to give some insight as to how things can change when you get further out and how important it is from the beginning to make major changes. You will need that because a year from now your sleeve will change and you can eat more and most likely will want to eat more. Vets before me gave some great insight and advice. I give thanks to them for keeping my eyes wide open.

I think that when you see these threads it's not just about the couple of people going back and forth right now, but the others that will come along in the future to read them. It's important to have more than one side so people can be given the full picture... they can then take what applies to them..

Yes even with the stick up my ass I can be funny

(Sometimes) :D

lol your stick isn't always present and I must say, in comparison to others'? Your stick is small today, Obi wan ;):)

I can just pass the stuff by that I don't like or don't agree with. Or chose not to provide information that might help someone.

But as a member of this forum that has a little bit more experience I feel it important sometimes to give some insight as to how things can change when you get further out and how important it is from the beginning to make major changes. You will need that because a year from now your sleeve will change and you can eat more and most likely will want to eat more. Vets before me gave some great insight and advice. I give thanks to them for keeping my eyes wide open.

I think that when you see these threads it's not just about the couple of people going back and forth right now, but the others that will come along in the future to read them. It's important to have more than one side so people can be given the full picture... they can then take what applies to them..

I agree with this whole-heartedly. As you have illustrated in this thread, it is ALL about the delivery. Some people lose sight of that and thus, the misunderstanding <read 'head bashing'> begins.. All this achieves is that any benefit which could have been derived from the message, is consequentially lost...

Why does every single thread have to turn into a lecture? And now I remember why I didnt get on this website for 3 months.

LV - you're right. We didn't get here from eating half a lettuce leaf a day - and that is something I'm painfully aware of. Damn goats cheese...

It's a struggle. I struggle. We're all trying our best and some find it harder than others. In fact, I wholly expect to wake up in the morning, find this has all been a dream and my huge jeans go back to being as tight as hell. Thankfully, this won't happen now and I'm eternally grateful for this opportunity.

In the meantime and as I trudge my way through nutritional values, gagging on proper food and physically loathing the bottle of cod liver oil I have on my kitchen counter.... I want to have a bit of a laugh. I want to take my mind off the tedium and have a bit of fun with people who are sharing the same experience and having the same dramas as I am.

So on that note, I shall return to my kitchen and with utter longing, gaze at the last red-velvet cupcake my man thoughtfully left me with before he went on his travels. The SWINE!!! :)

are you SERIOUS? You have cod liver oil on your counter??? WHHHHYYYY??

I definitely have an addiction to food' date=' but it helps me so much to know that one slip is not the end of the world. Maybe when I'm further out I'll have the same thoughts as you - that would not be a bad thing! - but for me now it helps to know that others can have a slip but not fall completely from the path of successful sleevedom. LV, do you think is there no room for mistakes at all? I really need to know - because if so, then I do need to change how I learn and strive for that perfection I wrote about earlier.[/quote']

Lol I'm a walking daily mistake! (No jokes please)

And perfection? There is no such thing (at least I hope not, because if there is, I'm screwed :P)

Addiction to food....

I ate not for hunger but for want, and for many reasons.

So my "hunger" has been partially taken away for a while. And my stomach has been made a bit smaller. Now I will say in the first months I had times I didn't want to eat at all! I even wrote once or twice "food does not matter anymore" that is temporary for most of us..

I remember a woman who wrote a post about use your first six months wisely and I thought what a b***h :P

But she kinda had a point, you want to try and learn better behaviors as early out as you can and take advantage of this weight lose window.

The sleeve it works!!!

But for it to really work you must eat a Protein heavy diet... And let me tell you I didn't get fat eating boiled chicken breast!

Junk food tastes good to good and the fact of the matter is they (junky type food) "feel" better on the sleeve when I eat them..

When I eat them I want more, I have the oral fixation and I want to fill the hole. Slippery slope!

I know I'm rambling but you asked.

It's ok to f**k up it's ok to have fun!

But I like to balance some hard truths with it too :)