Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY A year post op seeing some light.

Finally a yr post op I have been able to eat & drink for about a 6 wks now without any problems. Will be a year next month down 200lbs started physical therapy this wk trying to recondition my body. I just pray things keep going well it has been such a difficult & trying road I hope its all behind me now. Don't ever give up. there where two times over the past 11 months I believed I was going to die so did my family & friends but im still here & improving by the grace of God.

wow, what happened?? I'm 5 weeks out and don't really have any problems. Are there worse things down the road I need to know?

Congrats on your one yr milestones..

no should be no problems down the road if your not having any now. I just had complications post-op which caused more issues over the last several months

Finally a yr post op I have been able to eat & drink for about a 6 wks now without any problems. Will be a year next month down 200lbs started physical therapy this wk trying to recondition my body. I just pray things keep going well it has been such a difficult & trying road I hope its all behind me now. Don't ever give up. there where two times over the past 11 months I believed I was going to die so did my family & friends but im still here & improving by the grace of God.

If you don't mind sharing, I know many of us would like to hear your story. What's happened this year?

Hi not a problem; After I had surgery I developed a pouch on my remaining sleeve due to excessive post-op vomiting I had internal bleeding & kidney failure. over the next 5 months I was unable to drink or eat. i had to have exploratory surgery to repair the pouch 3 months after initial surgery then a month after that I had to have gallblader removed which had to be done with incision instead if scope. I vomited for 5 months every day all day had a feeding tube for 4 months of that. I lost 200 lbs in 10 months. total of 4 surgeries numerous hospitalizations & countless ER visits. feeding tube was removed about 6 wks ago have neen eating & drinking well for about 3 wks now . Thats my story

Wow - thanks for sharing your story and so glad the bad stuff appears to be behind you and you can start enjoying life again. :-)

Hi not a problem; After I had surgery I developed a pouch on my remaining sleeve due to excessive post-op vomiting I had internal bleeding & kidney failure. over the next 5 months I was unable to drink or eat. i had to have exploratory surgery to repair the pouch 3 months after initial surgery then a month after that I had to have gallblader removed which had to be done with incision instead if scope. I vomited for 5 months every day all day had a feeding tube for 4 months of that. I lost 200 lbs in 10 months. total of 4 surgeries numerous hospitalizations & countless ER visits. feeding tube was removed about 6 wks ago have neen eating & drinking well for about 3 wks now . Thats my story

Wow you sound like you've been through a lot. So sorry. Glad you're feeling better.

I'm praying for you, your spirit is going to help you heal because you have such wonderful positive spirit. Stay focused on the positive side and God Bless you.

DB loving lyfe

post-op vomiting - internal bleeding & kidney failure. - exploratory surgery - gallblader removed - vomited for 5 months - feeding tube . numerous hospitalizations & ER visits.

Lux

bitc h, bitc h, bitc h!!!!! :angry:

you think you have problems!!!!!

this afternoon i couldn't decide between blueberry or strawberry yogurt!!!!

you know i'm kidding you bud!!!! ;)

i/we are all sad for what you've gone through this past year :(

i've "seen" you and your horrible situation/story on the board in the past

i can only imagine what a hard time you went through :(

you have a family - having them have to watch you hurt

not a joke - but - you having to watch them dealing with your pain :blink:

glad things are finally, very slowly, and very overdue - improving

200 lbs down - the very hard way!!!

do you mind if i ask you your starting weight, and where you want to end up????

you went through such hard/miserable/painful times........

you should get an award for bravery above and beyond the call of WLS :)

take care of yourself

get stronger

huggggggs

kathy

I believe I'll have strawberry!! My starting weight was 400lbs I am at 198 now my fly. says enough already my dr. wants another 30 or so off I'm happy with it now but wouldn't mind a little more off