Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Missouri!

My weight loss has slowed down some but still really good. Some weeks I have bigger results then others. February was a little slower but so far for March I have lost about 10 lbs! I am trying really hard to get to 299 by May 28th. Thats 24 lbs. I can't remember the last time I was below 300. I get excited thinking about it!!! I know I can do it if I keep pushing myself!

Hubby and I had talked about starting a family when I got in the 200's and while I am excited about that, I am kinda selfish and thinking of waiting longer. He said whatever I decide is fine with him. We had talked about starting to try in July but I am going to wait and see where I am at that point. I guess it depends how close I am to 300. If I was at 250, sure, but that would take a miracle. Only time will tell.

Not a miracle,just time! You seem to be doing great. I am expecting to have different time to lose more, and times to lose less. If you think in terms of total weight loss it sounds amazing to me!!

Some banders talk about the ONEderland......that seems like a miracle to me!!!!

Starting a family sounds exciting......my DH and I had been together since early 1993, got married in early 1999, and didn't/couldn't successfully have a family until 2005-I lost my job and insurance- so we said better stop trying!?! and one stick test later......I said, guess what, DADDY? I had Mazie in Oct.2005.

Losing weight should help you conceive!!! Hope it comes quickly for you when the time is right!

Oh to be in onederland! :) Someday I will be. I just know it. The weight loss has helped regulate my cycles. I use to be so unregular but now, right on time every month. I'm not on the pill anymore so we try to be careful. If it happens, we will be happy! We may not necessarily have it planned for right now but it would be great anyway. It sounds like for you it was a nice surprise during a difficult time! Children are such a blessing!

My weight loss has slowed down some but still really good. Some weeks I have bigger results then others. February was a little slower but so far for March I have lost about 10 lbs! I am trying really hard to get to 299 by May 28th. Thats 24 lbs. I can't remember the last time I was below 300. I get excited thinking about it!!! I know I can do it if I keep pushing myself!

Hubby and I had talked about starting a family when I got in the 200's and while I am excited about that, I am kinda selfish and thinking of waiting longer. He said whatever I decide is fine with him. We had talked about starting to try in July but I am going to wait and see where I am at that point. I guess it depends how close I am to 300. If I was at 250, sure, but that would take a miracle. Only time will tell.

Don't feel that you are selfish!!!

I was at a siminar last night and the question of babies came up and Dr. De La Torre suggested that a person wait for a year. This gives a person a chance to lose weight which is why you got banded. This is a time when you're trying to get healthy. It's hard enough to eat for one and get all the Vitamins and nutrients in for a healthier you. Eating for 2 means more food and weight and you undermine what you are trying to achieve. Talk to your Dr. first!!!

Denise--Mazie has been just that --such a blessing--you know the morning after she keeps me up at night! There are times when it's not easy--But it is always worth it and always a blessing!!!! When the time is right...Right???

When the time is right, it will happen. I have considered waiting until I have been banded a year. I guess we'll see when this summer rolls around how I feel about it. I have talked to my doc about it and he says whenever I'm ready to go for it. My bloodwork always comes back perfect. I'm getting all my nutrients and nothing that shouldn't be high is. He said that's where he wants people to be before they consider it. Only time will tell....

I went to see Dr. Pitt today for my 2 week post op. He said I was doing really wel lan dhe even advanced my fill. Not supposed to get a fill until 6 week post op. He gave me a 1cc fill today!!!

Fantastic! He gave me my first fill early as well. I remember how very greatful I was! I go tomorrow and I wonder if he's going to want to give me a fill. Did he have any trouble finding your port? The first time he had no problems finding mine but since then it hasn't been that easy. I've had one done by x-ray and the last one he used an ultrasound. He tries for quite a while to find the port before going to something else. I know he always feels bad about "rooting" that needle around in me to find the port but it doesn't bother me. I'm looking foward to my appt. tomorrow.

I still do not feel restriction... he put in 1cc... should i feel it now? he had no trouble finding my port. During my first c section my nerve endings were damaged... i have little to no feeling in my lower abdomen... so i felt very little when he gave my fill.. i felt a small sting... then just him pushing, but no hurting pain.

Everyone is different when it comes to restriction. I have read on here several times that the first fill a lot of times will absorb into the band and doesn't give true restriction. I don't know about that, I have never heard it from the doc but it makes me wonder. 1 cc may not be enough for you. I currently have 2 cc's in my band and I have a feeling he may give me another fill tomorrow. Don't be discouraged if you don't notice a huge difference right now. It may take more fills or sometimes they say it takes a week or so for the fill to really start working. I figure he will give you another fill when you go see him next. That's how he did me.

thats good... i see him again on april 24......... that is the day i have an appointment with everyone again -- all the same day...

Well, I had my appt. with Dr. Pitt on Friday and he did not give me a fill. I left it up to him whether or not he thought I needed one and he said he didn't think I did right now. He and Louann were both shocked that in 6 weeks I lost 20 lbs. I sure hope this trend continues!

I go back on June 1st. I figured I would be going during May but he will be on vacation most of the month. That is perfectly fine with me. Gives me a little longer to get weight off.