Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning USA "losers"! I just got on the scale after a few days of anxiety induced overeating behavior. I've regained 5# and am MAD that I allowed myself to fall back into the pit of sugar! I'm determined to lose it again before my next weigh in on the 7th of October. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to avoid the old habits and stick with the new mindset when anxious??? Please help...I am prone to consume sugar when emotions are overtaking my mind. I know I'm NOT the only one. AND I KNOW I CAN OVERCOME the habitual by making new habits.------------FRUSTRATED!

I tend to fall back into old habits, too.

My thing was that I started smoking again. Then I got into the "all or nothing" mindset. So, I started to overeat. Fortunately, I live alone. So, I don't have any sugar in the house. Phew!

I don't like this pre-op program pressure. Every time I do something or eat something, I feel like there's someone who is going to eventually say that I can't have the surgery because.....

I dont really have any advice, but i was up and down during my 6 months of weigh ins. At my last weigh in i lost 2 lbs, but i am still up 4 pounds from where i started originally. I am nervous about this b/c i have my 2nd consultation with my surgeon today and dont want to be scolded. I did my best and thats all i could do.

My niece had the surgery and March she did not have 6 months of weigh ins but btwn nov and march she put on 14lbs in total and they still let her have the surgery. not sure how much she lost during the preop liquid diet

Make sure you are tracking your food. I'm pre-op and when I log I do well.

Don't you feel like you're on a diet when you "log " your food? . Isn't it better to eat according hunger and satisfaction?

I log my food just out of habit. When I don't log, I tend to never stop. I don't feel like I'm always on a diet just from logging it all. It's one tool I use to keep myself accountable.

:-)

In the past, I have placed photos of me when I was 140 lbs, along with pics from magazines such as shape, etc on the fridge. When I would go to get something, and close the door, I would make myself "meditate" for about 30 secs on what I had in my hand that I was about to put in my mouth, then look at the photos... Can't tell you how many times I would reopen the door and pick a better choice! literally HUNDREDS of times!!

Also, stickies taped to the bathroom mirror, with positive affirmations or quotes on them. I would always start my day out reading the aloud to myself as well as throughout the day. Sounds corny, but it works... Plus it gave me something to do on Sunday researching and choosing new sayings from the internet, Sunday was my day to swap them out for the upcoming week.

I have found that we have to build new "healthy, happy" habits that strengthen us from the inside, mentally, spiritually, etc.

I don't always log food, but I will at the end of the day add everything up and write it down, then at the end of the week look at my totals to see what days I was winning and what days I may have been slipping a little. Also I weigh every day. It sucks sometimes, but it keeps me accountable to myself. when I have a great week and the scale is moving in the right direction, I reward myself. Maybe a pedicure, or a new pair of sandals (I live in Florida), or a trip to sephora for the perfect shade of lipstick or nail polish I have been wanting. Those small rewards make me feel like a strong, Independant woman who can rely on herself to make the right choices.

Sorry I'm writing a book, lol. Hope maybe some of these tips will work for you :-)

You really can't slide back. You will endanger yourself and make the operation harder with a fatty enlarged liver on the way. Of all the time in your life to overeat, now is not the time.

Thank you, for that reminder Dharma!,i stopped after I wrote that note. I'm moving forward.

Sorry got your name wrong Dirama!