Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less than 3 months since band to sleeve and I'm over half-way to goal!

I just realized, after updating my ticker that I'm over half-way to my goal weight. I'm 12 1/2 weeks post-op. In some ways my weight loss feels slow but I know, compared to my weight loss with the band, it isn't slow at all!!! It took me about 18 months to lose 50 pounds with the band!! Feeling pretty happy with my sleeve!

Hope everyone is doing great! :)

I understand how you feel I'm down another pound this week NEEDED TO LOOSE 100 lbs to be at goal and I am at 63 pounds loss already just under 2 months...

including pre op weight loss........

How is the sleeve diffferent than the band? how did you overcome your fears to go ahead and go for another surgery? I'm very afraid because of the issues i had with my band. Im afraid ill have something go wrong with the sleeve

How is the sleeve diffferent than the band? how did you overcome your fears to go ahead and go for another surgery? I'm very afraid because of the issues i had with my band. Im afraid ill have something go wrong with the sleeve

For me the sleeve has been much easier than the band. It feels much more natural like before I was banded. I am able to eat everything but in smaller quantities, however I tend to eat Protein first then cooked vegetables. I do eat carbs but mainly get them from dairy and some fruit. Before surgery, I was considered pre-diabetic so I have to watch my sugar. I do continue to track using My Fitness Pal and I try and get in some exercise 3 to 5 times per week.

I was very nervous about revising from the band to the sleeve but I knew the band was no longer helpful to me as I was gaining weight and had been diagnosed as prediabetic. I needed to do something that I felt, would work. I felt like with the band I put in a lot of effort and the band didn't help me very much. With the sleeve if I put in the effort, the sleeve helps me a lot.

Good luck to you on your journey.

I had my band removed after 16 months of problems. I have been sleeved since May 6th and I feel so much better. I can eat almost anything in little amounts. I have only thrown up once, my fault for eating junk at an event, and I am am only about 9 pounds from goal! Go for it you wont regret it.