Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This just started a few days ago. I am three months out. I just started these constant hunger feelings that persist regardless of how much I eat. I could finish my meal and the hunger remains. I take prescription Prilosec daily and tums as needed. I am averaging about 1,000 cal per day and around 70 or 80 grams Protein. Also I don't drink fluids with my meals. Any help would be appreciated. This website has been a lifesaver!

Are you always, always eating dense Protein first?

However hungry I become, if I eat the dense protein first, the small meal gives me a full feeling.

Interesting thing about PPI's. About 1 1/2 years ago, I was put on Omeprazole for the damage that years of ibuprofen had done to my stomach. My appetite nearly doubled and I have gained another 25 pounds. I am pre-op with a tentative date in mid-November, and I am concerned about being put on that med again if I get reflux after my sleeve. I was just taken off last month. Maybe it has to do with having a lot less stomach acid to help digest food. Does anyone have a clinical response for this.

I do eat my Protein first but maybe I just need to eliminate carbs all together. I do get full and feel the restriction but the hunger feeling never leaves me. Interesting about the acid reducers, I will have to see what others experience with this. I think I may be eating too fast that could be it.

I have this feeling from time to time but I think my body is wanting Water. I don't get nearly enough

Have you tried a different ppi like Protonix? I'd start there. I know Omeprazole just didn't cut it for me (I have gerd) and I refuse to ever go back to that.

Have you tried a different ppi like Protonix? I'd start there. I know Omeprazole just didn't cut it for me (I have gerd) and I refuse to ever go back to that.

Thanks I will talk to my doctor about that.

I struggles with starving the first few weeks out and then it subsided. However, I am not 3 1/2 months out and I am hungry all the time. I think it must be a phase some of us go through....that mental hunger. We are now comfortable with eating without worrying about eating too much or too little. I eat too fast. I have to work hard to slow myself down. I keep a mini container of Peanut Butter and a plastic spoon in the car with me. I can eat a spoonful when I am hungry and seem satisfied. You might try two or three crackers for crunch or a slice of sandwich meat for chewing and a little flavor. If you are getting plenty of Protein, try a little fruit. You may have to experiment with what works for you. In a couple of weeks, you and I may be back to no hunger issues.