Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey TonyaA i have bc/bs too most out of pocket for me will be 2500 i already had a copay of 265.35 for the surgery. What is the most the insurance company say you will be paying out of pocket

We have a "high deductible" plan with a health savings account. My husband's employer contributes $2000 to the HSA, so our share of the out-of-pocket maximum was $4000. Fortunately, prescriptions count toward the maximum. I'd have to go back & add up what we've actually paid for my WLS process since some of the expenses were for other medical care. Since every thing is fully covered now through the end of the year, I'm going to have surgery on my right hand next week to release some scar tissue from a couple of trigger finger releases.

I'm still pre-op but my total out of pocket expense will be $250.00 with Kaiser (California).

Self pay $10,500 but worth every penny! :)

Still pre op but mine will be covered 100% if I use a network doc and a center of excellence, which I am of course. No deductible or out of pocket. I only pay my $35 copay when I see the NUT or surgeon. I am very thankful for my husbands insurance.

I'm also pre op and was told I would pay 150 copay to surgeon and 150 copay per day to hospital up to 500 if additional days are needed. I have BCBS Federal Basic.

I used an out of network doctor so I paid 300 dollars and for the hospital stay i have a 100 copay and everything else is covered. I have empire bcbs Athena

I paid 300 for my hospital stay. And about 275-300 in co-pays for everything else. I have BCBS federal

My insurance doesn't cover WLS. I will end up about $7500 after surgery, meds, hotel and plane ticket ($8000 if I end up bringing someone with me to TJ). But as you can tell from the huge variation in replies, it all depends on your deductible, copays and insurance policy details.

My insurance doesn't cover WLS. I will end up about 7500 after surgery' date=' meds, hotel and plane ticket (8000 if I end up bringing someone with me to TJ). But as you can tell from the huge variation in replies, it all depends on your deductible, copays and insurance policy details.[/quote']

I just had surgery in TJ last Friday and paid $4700 plus $320 for airfare. Couldn't afford it in St Louis. $17,000. It would have been worth it but I couldn't come up with that kind of cash.