Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scars from PS

It has been great getting all the informtaion from everyone who has had PS, what I am curious about is how the scars are doing and how long it takes for them to fade? I am looking at having a LBL, BL, and an arm lift but I am worried about how I will look with all the scars. I would love to see some pictures of how well they fade or how long does it take for them to start fading?

Thanks

I have had plastic surgery with three different surgeons and in my opinion the way your scars heal has a lot to do with the skill of the surgeon. I recently had an arm lift in January and the scars are noticeable pink and some of it white. Now, am I happy that I can fit my arms in any jacket or sweater absolutely would do it again in a heartbeat, it is the price you pay for having P.S.

Thank you, most of the pictures I've seen have been right after surgery and I know they are going to be pretty red but wondering how they look say a year out. Glad to hear you have no regrets.

I went on you tube and watched video of people that had had PS after Bariatric surgery. There were some that were a year or so post op. I found it interesting to see how the scars were placed on the arm lift. The video I watched showed the subject raising her arms and moving them in different positions. The scars were placed so they only showed when she raised her arms up pretty high. She also said her surgeon went farther up into her axils because she had skin sag extending into there. You Tube seems to have everything!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches