Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much food making me angry

That was the other thing. The kids menu had not one Protein laden thing on it. Apparently kids only eat French toast' date=' waffles, and pancakes around here. We make our son eat Protein first because otherwise, like us pre-sleeve, he'd prob live on carbs if we let him.[/quote']

Yes most kids menus suck. I usually gat a hotel with continental Breakfast, eat protein from a convenience store and a small dinner when traveling. If the room has a fridge, I usually have dinner left overs for lunch the next day.

For example, were on vacation and today I had a Breakfast sausage, instant oatmeal and later a small yogurt cup. For lunch I will have string cheese and, grapes, and some pretzels. Dinner will be grilled chicken salad from a fast food place. Evening snack of a couple Cookies. Maybe a cocktail before dinner. Keep in mind I'm more than two years out and at goal.

Lynda

I look at portion sizes and CRINGE! It drives me insane! My husband has gained about 10lbs since my surgery (from eating left overs off my plate grr). But- I finally say him down and explained exactly what portion sizes were! My almost 10 year old has lost 7lbs (she wasn't ever obese, but she was eating terribly and had gotten sedentary). My middle one only likes healthy foods and eats like a bird- she's a 5 meal a day'er and eats small portions of good foods naturally (lucky duck)!

I have had waiter staff try to force me to order more because they think it is wrong to eat healthy.

I have had waiting staff offer the meal for free because they think it was bad, or I didn't like it! I just smile and say I need it to go, and that it was delicious, I just didn't have time to finish. It's not their fault that the resturant industry's are trying to fatten us up! :)

Yep the "average" size restaurant meal is about 4x what an "average" sleever needs, and probably at least 2x-3x the amount of what an "average" normal non-sleeved person needs.

Since my husband is sleeved, we have often taken ONE restaurant meal, split it in HALF and then eat another HALF the next day. Crazy.

Although it did come in handy this summer while we were on vacation...we split absolutely EVERYTHING because our hotel had no microwave, etc. Since we went to a 'theme' park where everything was ridiculously overpriced we probably saved $50/PER DAY by splitting every single meal.

We recently attended a large family dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and I noticed they had a "SkinnyLicious" menu. The meal sizes, portion and calorie count were quite reduced from their "Regular" menu but I still ended up with 3 meals out of my one plate.

I just ordered a serving of chili at the airport, gave half to my colleague, ate a fourth and ditched the rest. You could have fed a family if four for a whole day just off what I threw away today. :(

This is such an interesting topic. I do eat out, but I usually share an entree with my DH or sons. They love that because I eat about 2-3 tablespoons and they finish the rest. I also like ordering appetizers or side dishes. One or two poached eggs ala carte works for me. Olive Garden has a newish "small plates" menu with a grilled chicken skewer that's around $3 or $4 and is perfect for a sleever (I still can only eat half of it at 4 weeks, but that's much better than wasting a whole dinner plate).

This is such an interesting topic. I do eat out' date=' but I usually share an entree with my DH or sons. They love that because I eat about 2-3 tablespoons and they finish the rest. I also like ordering appetizers or side dishes. One or two poached eggs ala carte works for me. Olive Garden has a newish "small plates" menu with a grilled chicken skewer that's around 3 or 4 and is perfect for a sleever (I still can only eat half of it at 4 weeks, but that's much better than wasting a whole dinner plate).[/quote']

The chicken thing at Olive Garden is AWESOME! TGI Friday's has something similar! It's great!!!

Yep the "average" size restaurant meal is about 4x what an "average" sleever needs' date=' and probably at least 2x-3x the amount of what an "average" normal non-sleeved person needs.

Since my husband is sleeved, we have often taken ONE restaurant meal, split it in HALF and then eat another HALF the next day. Crazy.

Although it did come in handy this summer while we were on vacation...we split absolutely EVERYTHING because our hotel had no microwave, etc. Since we went to a 'theme' park where everything was ridiculously overpriced we probably saved 50/PER DAY by splitting every single meal.

We recently attended a large family dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and I noticed they had a "SkinnyLicious" menu. The meal sizes, portion and calorie count were quite reduced from their "Regular" menu but I still ended up with 3 meals out of my one plate.[/quote']

My husband and I got sleeved the same day. Due to utter chaos in our house lately we haven't been able to go out for a meal together yet, but I am very much looking forward to doing what you're describing.

I ordered a warm apple dumpling from Bruester's the other day. Don't do it! It comes in a bowl the size of a salad plate! My whole family could've shared it.....it was ridiculous! I was by myself, took 2 bites and threw it away!

I ordered a warm apple dumpling from Bruester's the other day. Don't do it! It comes in a bowl the size of a salad plate! My whole family could've shared it.....it was ridiculous! I was by myself' date=' took 2 bites and threw it away![/quote']

Spreading of which, ever ordered the Asian chicken salad at the Cheesecake Factory?? I promise you they must mix it in a bucket! It's OBSCENE how much food that is.

My husband and I got sleeved the same day. Due to utter chaos in our house lately we haven't been able to go out for a meal together yet, but I am very much looking forward to doing what you're describing.

Most of the time we don't split just because often we want different things, and we are quite adept at boxing and eating our leftovers the next day... but 9 days of splitting everything proved to us that 1. we can manage to split (we each would just 'give a little' if we disagreed on what to order...for instance I like my steak well done, DH likes medium, but he is ok with well done...lol) and 2. the cost savings were substantial!!

That is cool that you guys went together. I went first, DH went about 5 months later.

Pre sleeve I could have eaten all that just being greedy. I think I would have only eaten the same size portion you did. It is a waste kids meal is to much at some places.

That was the other thing. The kids menu had not one Protein laden thing on it. Apparently kids only eat French toast' date=' waffles, and pancakes around here. We make our son eat Protein first because otherwise, like us pre-sleeve, he'd prob live on carbs if we let him.[/quote']

That has always been our policy too. The kiddos are old enough to automatically do it themselves now. It's really cool to watch their habits form.

Uh, pre-sleeve I could EASILY have eaten that whole thing PLUS a side of toast.