Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics Newbie Here!

Hey everyone!

I am just starting to look into plastics so I'm sure I will have a million questions over the next few months. My main question at this point is how much is too much for one surgery date? I basically need surgery from the knees to the neck (thighs, tummy, breast lift (plus possible implant), and arms). Since I am a college student, I basically would need to have surgery over a summer break due to lifting restrictions and such. What I'm wondering is if all the stuff I listed could be done in one surgery date or if you think a surgeon would want to split it into multiple surgery dates.

Thank you for any responses!

I just had my Tummy Tuck yesterday, 9/10/2013. I was doing really well with pain at first...but right now my tummy hurts bad! I have a really high threshold for pain too! I couldn't even imagine having more then this at this point to recover from.

I went to a consult with a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills that was willing to do a tummy tuck, breast lift with implants, Lipo suction in the abdomen and under my chin....all in one surgery for $15500. However he wanted to do the ancor inscisions, which gives a scar that goes all the way up. I wanted to get a second opinion because of that.

So I went to another plastic surgeon and didn't even mention the previous doctors opinion, and that one never said anything about wanting to do that...plus I saw his work and it was top notch! Very good and even scaring on all the pictures I saw of other patients of his. I also loved how thorough he was. However, he does not do more then one cosmetic procedure at a time....and the reasoning he had behind that is due to the statistics of doing one procedure at a time has a risk of 1/40,000 mortality rate where as doing more then one at a time raising the risk of mortality to 1/4,000!

After he explained those numbers to me I realized I would rather do them separately.

It is costing me a lot more money going to him....tummy tuck was $7,500. Breast lift with silicone implants( they cost $1000 more then saline ) for $8,700, and that is without the lipo of the tummy and under my chin....I haven't gotten a quote on those procedures yet.

I can imagine you could probably find a surgeon that would be willing to do almost all of those procedures together, but like I said I tolerate pain very well, and I couldn't even imagine having another surgery at the same time as this tummy tuck!

What I can tell you is that in doing the tummy tuck it gave me a mini thigh lift, as well as a pubic lift, so I would have the tummy tuck first before getting the thigh lift, because you may end up not needing it after all.

I will be posting before and after pictures once I have my breast lift on 10/22 and am recovered enough to take them. Message me privately if you would like anymore info, or advise. ;)

Good luck on your surgeries....and make sure you research the heck out of the doctors first before choosing one!

Ps.....sorry for such a long post! And pss...the surgeons prefer if you are very near your ideal weight, and they also prefer for your weight to be at a stable place for about a year. :)

I don't have any personal knowledge about this but my friend who is getting ready for her surgery said that with the doctors she consulted, they advise only doing half your body at a time. Lower half vs. upper half. So she is having a Tummy Tuck, thigh lift, and mons lift in her first go-round, that will take care of the lower half of her body. Then nine months later she will have a breast lift and reduction and get her upper arms done.

Best wishes to you :)

I plan to have TT Bbl and hopefully BA with lift for the breast. One doctor did tell me that they may or not do the breast.

The 2nd surgery will be

A thigh lift and arm lift. So at least id have to have 2 to 3 surgeries. But I've seen some people that had multiple procedures in one.

I'm going to some one who specialize in bbl

And do good TT. But I would wait on the arm lift.

I'm going to go to some in else for that. thats my personal plan. I've read that your hemoglobin should be up too. With multiple surgeries there is a risk Of loosing too much blood with liposuction.

I too wish I can just get it all done.

I just had a tt two weeks ago and I did great with pain and recovery. I really wouldn't have wanted to do a lot of surgeries at once though. I did consider doing my tt and arm but some plastic surgeons wouldn't do them at the same time. Your plastic surgeon will know what's best.

I am up in the air about this also, it has been suggested that my insurance would cover a panni, but nothing else - and allow nothing else at the same time. So I may do that for ease of exercise and hygene over christmas, and then look into the rest about a year later. Not sure.

One thing noteworthy - and no offense to anyone - the 1/40,000 vs. 1/4,000 mortality difference for 1 procedure vs. multiple procedures does not seem accurate. It would need more information than that. I would be hesitant to go with a doctor that cited that, no matter what his results are. That sounds like an excuse to make as much money as possible. There are just too many variables. Statistics are just that, then you have to look at yourself individually in these instances. Do you fare well under anestesia? Anemic? Diabetic? Slow healer? WHAT are you working on? Lipo included?

http://www.dryoho.co...urgeryrisks.cfm

This is a thorough review of many cited points and careful evaluation. It shows very relevant points that it is not necessarily what you have done, but also where and how long it takes...a complicated abdomioplasty can take three time as long as, say 2-3 lesser procedures, therefore actually increases the mortality rate.

I am up in the air about this also, it has been suggested that my insurance would cover a panni, but nothing else - and allow nothing else at the same time. So I may do that for ease of exercise and hygene over christmas, and then look into the rest about a year later. Not sure.

One thing noteworthy - and no offense to anyone - the 1/40,000 vs. 1/4,000 mortality difference for 1 procedure vs. multiple procedures does not seem accurate. It would need more information than that. I would be hesitant to go with a doctor that cited that, no matter what his results are. That sounds like an excuse to make as much money as possible. There are just too many variables. Statistics are just that, then you have to look at yourself individually in these instances. Do you fare well under anestesia? Anemic? Diabetic? Slow healer? WHAT are you working on? Lipo included?

http://www.dryoho.co...urgeryrisks.cfm

This is a thorough review of many cited points and careful evaluation. It shows very relevant points that it is not necessarily what you have done, but also where and how long it takes...a complicated abdomioplasty can take three time as long as, say 2-3 lesser procedures, therefore actually increases the mortality rate.

I would think that as well if he didn't give me a discount for scheduling both procedures. The extra money went to the surgery center, and not to the doctor. As for the statistics I did my research very well and did not chose hastily when it came to my health. When he gave me the different sites to prove those statistics it put my mind at ease that I was choosing a doctor that cared more about my health then anything else.

I just had my Tummy Tuck yesterday, 9/10/2013. I was doing really well with pain at first...but right now my tummy hurts bad! I have a really high threshold for pain too! I couldn't even imagine having more then this at this point to recover from.

I went to a consult with a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills that was willing to do a tummy tuck, breast lift with implants, Lipo suction in the abdomen and under my chin....all in one surgery for $15500. However he wanted to do the ancor inscisions, which gives a scar that goes all the way up. I wanted to get a second opinion because of that.

So I went to another plastic surgeon and didn't even mention the previous doctors opinion, and that one never said anything about wanting to do that...plus I saw his work and it was top notch! Very good and even scaring on all the pictures I saw of other patients of his. I also loved how thorough he was. However, he does not do more then one cosmetic procedure at a time....and the reasoning he had behind that is due to the statistics of doing one procedure at a time has a risk of 1/40,000 mortality rate where as doing more then one at a time raising the risk of mortality to 1/4,000!

After he explained those numbers to me I realized I would rather do them separately.

It is costing me a lot more money going to him....tummy tuck was $7,500. Breast lift with silicone implants( they cost $1000 more then saline ) for $8,700, and that is without the lipo of the tummy and under my chin....I haven't gotten a quote on those procedures yet.

I can imagine you could probably find a surgeon that would be willing to do almost all of those procedures together, but like I said I tolerate pain very well, and I couldn't even imagine having another surgery at the same time as this tummy tuck!

What I can tell you is that in doing the tummy tuck it gave me a mini thigh lift, as well as a pubic lift, so I would have the tummy tuck first before getting the thigh lift, because you may end up not needing it after all.

I will be posting before and after pictures once I have my breast lift on 10/22 and am recovered enough to take them. Message me privately if you would like anymore info, or advise. ;)

Good luck on your surgeries....and make sure you research the heck out of the doctors first before choosing one!

my tummy tuck also pulled my thighs up a little and did wonders for my public area!

7 weeks ago, i had a lower body lift with anchor cut, breast lift and reduction, long thigh lift, and arm lift and have done great. never took anything but ibuprofen and tylenol for pain. Was more tight than pain. no regrets, would do it again tomorrow!!!!! needing to make myself take it easy because i feel too good.

7 weeks ago' date=' i had a lower body lift with anchor cut, breast lift and reduction, long thigh lift, and arm lift and have done great. never took anything but ibuprofen and tylenol for pain. Was more tight than pain. no regrets, would do it again tomorrow!!!!! needing to make myself take it easy because i feel too good.[/quote']

Sounds like a lot. How long before you went back to work or had full recovery? I want to do plastics but can't stay out of work too long but it makes sense to get it done and over with. I think I would go for it if was maybe 4 to 6 weeks

Pookey be with penni. Often dr only cuts of extra skin only. TT is muscle repair and bb repositioning and skin pulling.

Some doctors would do all over makeover at once some will not even in Mexico. lol

I had tt first then 4 years later had a Lipo all over removing 10 litres of fat. the year after I had tt again, thigh lift and arm lift and fat graft to butt. It was all worth it. Lipo is what hurts the most.

I did not need Lipo, and it looks painful to me, but i did have over a thousand sutures. I am a little abnormal, i was back at work in 3 weeks. I was in great shape when I had surgery. I will be 8 weeks tuesday and i ran a 5K yesterday