Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four days post op and having trouble getting protien in

Hi everyone,

Well like the title says, I am four days post op and I am having the hardest time getting my Protein in. The problem is that I just don't want the shakes. At this point Water is about the only thing that tastes good. I have been forcing myself to get one in a day, but that is about all I can do. I just get too full. I am just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and if anyone has any advice.

Hi everyone' date='

Well like the title says, I am four days post op and I am having the hardest time getting my Protein in. The problem is that I just don't want the shakes. At this point Water is about the only thing that tastes good. I have been forcing myself to get one in a day, but that is about all I can do. I just get too full. I am just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and if anyone has any advice.[/quote']

I hear you...water is more important right now. I'm on Day 6 and don't mind the Protein Shakes but can't do more than one a day.

I'm liking Greek yogurt and also tonight boiled chicken broth and drizzled a raw egg white in it for a Protein boost and a sort of egg drop Soup.

Hang in there.

Are you using premixed shakes? My doctor has me use powder and mix one scoop with 4 oz of Water. I use nectar brand powder. I get it on Amazon. Close to 30 grams per scoop.

Four days post op it took me all day to get fluids in. I can only attribute this to my new smaller stomach being inflamed and swollen from the surgery. As each day passes it does get easier to get the Protein Drinks and Water in. Just take tiny sips and hang in there.

Things will get better. Just like what everyone else said. Stay hydrated and just try to get the Protein in. I'm not sure what your post op diet is but during the early stages of my diet Greek yogurt was my go to.

Thanks everyone, I am glad to know I am not the only one this is happening to. I don't seem to be having a problem doing Water, tea, etc. I have two kinds of Protein Powder that I am using... Syntrax Nectar and Bariatric Fusion. The nectar has been a little too sweet for me and the fusion makes me so full after about four sips. I may have to try the greek yogurt and see how that goes. Mostly I am just trying to stay hydrated.